Canada > Ice Fishing Alberta CA

BEST OR WORST ICE AUGER REVIEWS

<< < (2/23) > >>

eyeflyer:
Probably always be gas auger around but almost every manufacturer if not all sell an electric auger now And now with all the drill augers the electrics will be everywhere soon. No issues like all small gas engines have, and starting problems and stink 100% gone. Many say electrics are no good for remote lakes with no power but small generators which a lot of people already take care of that problem. I guess you could argue that if you are going to take a gas generator you might as well take a gas auger, but the starting, carrying gas can still be a bit of PIA.

I bought an ION electric a few years ago, still have the old Jiffy (son uses it a bit) but I can't be bothered with it especially in the ice shack. The electric so far has been completely trouble free and NO starting problems  :clap:

Shrubs:
I'm a Strikemaster fan, all I've ever owned and nothings even come close to making me want to change.  Have tried drilling with other styles of augers between chippers and shavers and favour the strikemaster by a large margin. Fast, light, easy cutting.
     I don't have tonne of experience with electric but from what I've seen the lithium 40v would be the one to look at.  I've seen the ions in action when the ice gets thick and wasn't impressed at all to be honest.

TylerThomson:
I have been running a strike master lithium for 4 years now.   Never let me down.   Punched over 40 holes on one charge a couple weeks ago.   If you are going to remote lakes I doubt you are walking there so grab an inverter and you can charge on the go.   I'll never go back to a gas auger.   I got 5 holes drilled before most guys have there auger warmed up.

ice dawg:
I have had four power augers from 1979 until now. The first was a 2 hp Eskimo which blew the engine while drilling somewhere around the twentieth hole. Next was a 3 hp Jiffy which lasted many years until I traded it on a 2 hp Jiffy Stealth which I gave to my son about six years ago  when I bought my Strikemaster/Honda which has been a great auger.

deer george:
I have a gas powered jiffy model 30 I got for Christmas in 1969 it still starts with no more than 2 pulls, I have since gone to battery power 4 yrs. ago but still carry my old jiffy just in case, I know that's crazy but it's like taking along an old friend I guess I know I can rely on it ....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version