Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > General Tips

"re:simplicityand mobility

<< < (2/3) > >>

MNwalleyeGUY:
MOBILTY IS THE KEY!!!!!!   I fish after work and sometimes move two to three times a
week.  I do have an 8 by 8 shanty too.  I have figured and changed many things
on the house and I do sacrafice in some areas of comfort but man I love catching
fish!!! :)

TGF:
Yeah its nice to be out there boys , but its a lot more fun when your catching & releasing some. ;D Also I find it keeps you  a little warmer ;)

genz_man:
Marmooska is RIGHT ;D You have to find the fish......catch'em  and move on. Have all your stuff as ready as you can make it and keep an assortment of rods with different set-ups ready to go. When they shut down and move off you need to move with them. That's why my buddies and I do not use tip-ups. Being mobile in my opinion is the only way to go. The key is to go out and have fun no matter what happens but if you wanna get sheer numbers sometimes the only way to do that is to be mobile 8) :'( :'( :'(
Ever catch more then 100 fish in a day of ice fishing ? I have on many occasions and it was all based on being mobile :) God I love them fishies 8)

wick:
I used to just drill one hole and sit that location all day but ive learned not to do that and drill lost of holes and move from one to the other when one dies out and have had some good luck with that, i do set up my portable shack and go in and worm up once and awhile and then im out on the other holes moving from one to the other picking up a few fish from each. ;D ::)

asphalt_kid:
Yes mobility is key, but it may also hurt during a slower bite too. Fish smartly and stay warm. And as always listen to your gut it will never let you down. Well I hope that it doesn't.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version