Author Topic: Aerator  (Read 1149 times)

Offline spikes

• Team IceShanty Addict
Aerator
« on: Dec 14, 2013, 09:40 PM »
I have a cheap one that runs on D batteries, but gets expensive.  I am looking for a good 120v and would be nice 12v option.   For trips and at home storage.   

Offline Ice-D

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Aerator
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2013, 09:04 AM »
I use a cheap aquarium pump at home and a Bubble Box on the lake.  It's supposed to run 30 hrs on 2 D-cells, and I'd guess I get every bit of that.  I looked into the 12v aerators for keeping flathead bait during the summer, but you can buy a lot of D-cell batteries for what they sell for.

Offline FRESH-BAIT

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Aerator
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2013, 01:11 PM »
for at home just use a aquarium bubbler they're cheap about $10 or so for a small one.   as far as a cheap 12v version what I've done is take a small bilge pump and drill a hole in the bottom of pump where the impeller is drill the hole big enough for air line tubing to fit into snug. Then run that airline tubing up and out of the bucket or cooler what ever your using.  when the bilge pump is turned on it'll draw air into the impeller housing and aerate the water as it pumps it out.  Just don't got to big of a bilge pump as to much current could be a bad thing. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.