Author Topic: Finally Found The Salmo Chubby Darter!  (Read 2909 times)

Offline FishDeepCreek

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got 45?
Finally Found The Salmo Chubby Darter!
« on: Nov 09, 2003, 05:30 AM »
After looking around at various tackle shops in the tri state area, I finally found this elusive bait! Looked for them last year with no luck, I suppose the popularity of thm will change that. Found them at Gander Mountain in Washington PA, they hadnt even stocked them yet, saw the stock box, with the Salmo logo on them, and opened them up. Got one in Roach Pattern, and one in Hot Perch. They were $6.99 a pop. Hopefully will ice me a few eyes' this year. Anyone do well on this lure? They look well made. Seems like In Fisherman is allover them as well.

Offline Polar

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re:Finally Found The Salmo Chubby Darter!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 09, 2003, 07:30 AM »
Those sure caught me. 6.99 is the going rate everywhere.Popularity has it's price.Have you used them?I guess what I'm getting at is it a lure that catches fish or fisherman.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an  well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, A fishing pole in one hand, beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming \"WOO HOO, what a ride!

PerchBusterSD

« Reply #2 on: Nov 09, 2003, 07:33 AM »
Depends on size you get as far as price, the smallest ones here start at 4.95

Offline Trevor

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 09, 2003, 03:16 PM »
I've been using them for a couple seasons now.  I haven't had a chance to use them on walleye yet.  I use the small ones(1-1/2") on perch.  I remove the rear treble, drop the front a couple inches on light mono and tip each tine with a maggot or the rear tine with a pinched off minnow head.  Works awesome.  I've used the large ones(2-1/2") on Pike and caught like crazy.  Pike find them irresistable.  I've talked to guys who have used them on 'eyes and say they turn on them...

Offline FishDeepCreek

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got 45?
« Reply #4 on: Nov 09, 2003, 08:45 PM »
I bought 2 of the 1 1/2 inch sizes one in hot perch, one in roach, but I swear that the polish use different rulers because it looks like its 2 inches.i looking forward to trying them, in both open water & ice. Just hope the chain pikerels dont take them after dumping 6.99 a pop. guess ill have to break out the steel leaders then.

Offline pkevinb

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 10, 2003, 07:39 AM »
I used them last year for the first time and was very pleased with the results.  I dont remember them costing quite that much though.  I think they are worth the money.

Offline FishDaddy09

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 16, 2003, 11:13 AM »
I picked up some of these at Cabelas yesterday,$5.99@   I like the way they look I hope they are worth the money!
There is nothing in the world I'd rather do than ice fish!

PerchBusterSD

« Reply #7 on: Nov 16, 2003, 11:37 AM »
i found a shop around here that is getting rid of the last year supply at 3.99! i bought 20

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.