Michigan > Ice Fishing Michigan

Quest for the 40"

(1/4) > >>

Doeslayer:
This year im on a quest for my 40" pike.... My PB is 36.5 out of loud dam pond.... Going to try some new methods this year.... Dead baits like smelt or herring are one thing ive never tried.... Also spearing on the bay.... I saw a couple that were an easy 40 while perch fishing last year and theu cruised right by.... Anyone have any ideas on how to crack the 40 mark?....

DR.SPECKLER:
set up tip ups every time out..persistence and patience too.i got one over 40" last year.have caught numerous 39"s.took along time to get that one more inch pike.nice live golden shiners is all I use.

Doeslayer:
Yea I mainly have used suckers and would like to shake it up..... I just want a biggun.... If i can hit my mark ill put it on the wall... But thats 40+ and 20lbs.... So i wont hold my breath lol

Icer for life:
Was curious myself to give smelt a try - just have not figured out where I can get them.

Any ideas for where I might purchase them?

FYI 39 inchers X 2 are my best, both were late season fatties.  I measured them a dozen times.....could not squeeze another inch out of them.

DR.SPECKLER:

--- Quote from: Doeslayer on Dec 12, 2018, 03:56 PM ---Yea I mainly have used suckers and would like to shake it up..... I just want a biggun.... If i can hit my mark ill put it on the wall... But thats 40+ and 20lbs.... So i wont hold my breath lol

--- End quote ---
not sure what my 40" snot rocket weighed but it was FAT!shouldve snapped pic of measurements but the whole lake came over and saw the tape it was a bit over 40".i just wanted to get that big beast back in the water.theres bigger and I cant afford what a pike that size would cost to mount..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version