Author Topic: Marcum hand Held sonar  (Read 1250 times)

Offline northwind50°

• IceShanty Rookie
Marcum hand Held sonar
« on: Dec 05, 2004, 06:23 PM »
somebody know this sonar to use on ice. is it works really to read the depths through ice ? We have 36 inches of ice at the end of season and sometimes two layer of ice. is it useful for us ? Thanks guys, take care ! :)
It's important to be patient in life. ice fishing is the better place to find it and learning the real thing...;)

Offline 2 dogs

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Marcum hand Held sonar
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2004, 10:37 PM »
I have one and found on good clear solid ice shoots pretty accurately up to 2'  :in depth but you need to squirt some water on the ice to get a good reading. On rotten ice or with pockets it is off by a  tad but not so much. It also does great through the floor of my coleman canoe with a tad of water between it and the floor. Is better than the polar unit I had for accuracy and like that it reads on the top. :tipup:
Good thing about prisons- they reduce the potential number of fisherman on the ice!

Offline northwind50°

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2004, 05:21 PM »
Thank you very much 2 dogs, may be a little gift for christmas... ;)
It's important to be patient in life. ice fishing is the better place to find it and learning the real thing...;)

Offline Slammerman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's SLAMMIN' TIME !!!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2004, 09:32 PM »
Marcum is on the leading edge of sonar technology. If I didn't already have a Strikemaster PolarVision (which is made by Marcum) then this is the model I'd probably have.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.