Author Topic: Shandy and now the Shanty??  (Read 1844 times)

Offline xjma

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Shandy and now the Shanty??
« on: Mar 04, 2011, 09:23 AM »
I'm not recommending these recipes, just wondering if anyone had ever tried them??  In Field and Stream they had a little blurb about a 'Shandy,' which is beer mixed with lemonade. 

They claimed that for morning fishing beer mixed with orange juice, called a 'Shanty,' was the new thing. 

Doesn't sound too exciting to me, but just thought I'd ask if anyone has ever tried it!

Offline gooseblaster49707

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Shandy and now the Shanty??
« Reply #1 on: Mar 04, 2011, 03:40 PM »
we used to do ''skip-n-go-naked's'' back in the day.   it was one can of frozen lemonade concentrate, one pint of cheap vodka and fill the gallon jug with beer. stirred not shaken or you'll have foamy beer.
hammer(ed) time. . . .

Offline truckhuntfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • You'll have that
« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2011, 10:56 AM »
we usually just have what we call hootensocker.  coffee with a little 5 star brandy in it.

but alot of guys i fish with have the saying , you can't say you drank all day unless you start in the morning
-Truckin , Huntin , and Fishin , That's how I roll

Ha Haa Haaa  Did that hurt right away ???

Offline Duneman101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 08, 2011, 04:30 PM »
While it does sound tasty i gotta say "Who would wanna ruin good beer with Lemonade or OJ on chance???"

Maybe if my beer was skunked or if the gas station is only selling keystone because it's all they have left or just maybe my idiot best friend only drinks keystone and every time he drinks at my house he leaves a few in the fridge, they get old and skunk and the only thing they are good for is BeerCan Chicken!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.