Author Topic: Rotary derby  (Read 3171 times)

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Rotary derby
« Reply #30 on: Nov 20, 2020, 07:35 AM »
as some here know, I'm a home brewer ( the ONLY good thing that has come out of this pandemic)...I've decided to brew something special for "fish camp" for the derby'.. I'll be my final Brew of the 2020 season and last one until the ice gear is put away.

I found an appealing 26B Belgian Dubbel that should be  a tasty treat at my shanty ( of coarse we will properly social distance for the covid police out there).. the recipe promises spice notes and cinnamon,plum and raisin overtones.. sound like a wine more than beer.. ABV is projected to be 6.9.. I made a yeast starter last night.. brew day will be Sunday, this puppy needs 8 weeks to ferment and mature, so it'll be smooth and delicious by the Derby!
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Nov 20, 2020, 07:53 AM »
I rarely drink but I'd give that a try... If you brew beer like you fish it's gotta be great.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline DrummerManDrew

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Nov 21, 2020, 05:22 PM »
as some here know, I'm a home brewer ( the ONLY good thing that has come out of this pandemic)...I've decided to brew something special for "fish camp" for the derby'.. I'll be my final Brew of the 2020 season and last one until the ice gear is put away.

I found an appealing 26B Belgian Dubbel that should be  a tasty treat at my shanty ( of coarse we will properly social distance for the covid police out there).. the recipe promises spice notes and cinnamon,plum and raisin overtones.. sound like a wine more than beer.. ABV is projected to be 6.9.. I made a yeast starter last night.. brew day will be Sunday, this puppy needs 8 weeks to ferment and mature, so it'll be smooth and delicious by the Derby!

That's Super Cool Roccus! I'm sure everyone you have there will enjoy the fruits of your hard work!
Be well and DO Good Work!

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Nov 23, 2020, 05:08 PM »
Has anyone tried buying their ticket online recently? I can't seem to figure it out....
Tight Lines!

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Nov 23, 2020, 05:26 PM »
weird.... I figured it out. On the mailer I got from them it says to go to meredithrotary.org but their facebook page says meredithrotary.com so when I went to their .com site it worked.
Tight Lines!

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Nov 24, 2020, 05:56 AM »
Has anyone tried buying their ticket online recently? I can't seem to figure it out....

My wife did it before they sent the flyer,  if she can figure it out ANYONE can, her and computers dont exactly see eye to eye..

Offline Hottuna5150

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Nov 24, 2020, 06:10 AM »
My wife did it before they sent the flyer,  if she can figure it out ANYONE can, her and computers dont exactly see eye to eye..

My wife is a wiz... I'm the one who has to creatively threaten and berate the damn thing to get it to work.
Perhaps I should not have been a fisherman, he thought. But that was the thing that I was born for.
-Ernest Hemingway

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Nov 24, 2020, 07:00 AM »
My wife is a wiz... I'm the one who has to creatively threaten and berate the damn thing to get it to work.
You are not alone..I'm forced to use one at work to keep my maintenance program..I've named it Cristine!

Offline Hottuna5150

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Nov 24, 2020, 07:11 AM »
Hmmm I like it... "You better watch what you say about my car. She's real sensitive."

Perhaps I should not have been a fisherman, he thought. But that was the thing that I was born for.
-Ernest Hemingway

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.