Author Topic: This ones for you Coffin Dodger!  (Read 8785 times)

Offline Steve H.

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: This ones for you Coffin Dodger!
« Reply #60 on: Nov 06, 2020, 07:51 AM »
Look what I found!.. the last of the Mohicans.

Looks like a great day.  Hope there's something similar again this season.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Nov 06, 2020, 10:32 AM »
Look what I found!.. the last of the Mohicans.

Nice!! But were gonna have to do it again this year so I can make it into the group pic lol....
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Nov 06, 2020, 12:31 PM »
Nice!! But were gonna have to do it again this year so I can make it into the group pic lol....
How is it you didn't get in the picture, it took me like 3 tries to get it right.
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Nov 06, 2020, 01:03 PM »
How is it you didn't get in the picture, it took me like 3 tries to get it right.

I'm special like that lol, I think I was standing beside Steph when we took them...  nobody could see there camera screens in the sun that day... we were just guessing to aim...
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Nov 06, 2020, 07:29 PM »
Great pics, Joe. Nice to have for all to enjoy and remember.
Looks like a great group of hard water anglers!

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Nov 06, 2020, 07:51 PM »
Great pics, Joe. Nice to have for all to enjoy and remember.
Looks like a great group of hard water anglers!
A group of the nicest, most knowledgeable people anywhere in the fishing world..all there to honor you..hopefully we all can do it again...hopefully you can join us... each year, I say good bye to someone else,this year was especially hard for me on the salt,none of the guys I have known through the years that fished at night are left. I am the the last of the night warriors from the 70's.still fishing the Mac,. it makes every one of these gatherings more special than the last..

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Nov 06, 2020, 08:19 PM »
A group of the nicest, most knowledgeable people anywhere in the fishing world..all there to honor you..hopefully we all can do it again...hopefully you can join us... each year, I say good bye to someone else,this year was especially hard for me on the salt,none of the guys I have known through the years that fished at night are left. I am the the last of the night warriors from the 70's.still fishing the Mac,. it makes every one of these gatherings more special than the last..
Very well said and I appreciate so much the sentiment! I can relate to losing great peers and mentors. It's not easy at all.
Gatherings like you put together last March, will be remembered and talked about for years to come. People like you, willing to share your knowledge are a treasure.
Some weeks ago, I had a stent put in my right femoral artery. It was 95% blocked. It's helped my walking some, but will definitely keep my toes and leg on longer.  ;)
I wasn't feeling great at the time of that get together and definitely didn't want to share the flu with friends.

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #67 on: Nov 07, 2020, 04:06 PM »
Well done on finding the few pics actually taken that day Joe. You'd think between all of us with our stupid a** technology, we'd come up with something decent....lol
Was a great day out there though. Making memories. Hopefully more to come.
Thanks
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Nov 13, 2020, 07:22 PM »
Way to go, Joe! 10 year from now I'd still be trying to post pictures, so I don't bother taking any lol!

All knowledgeable except ol' Guinea lol. Schooled in the caveman Newfound style!
I spend most of my time fishing alone, so being with a group such as yourselves is so enlightening. I learned so much that day from your different species targets and styles. I look forward to the Second Annual CD Invitational and to see the man himself.  :)

Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #69 on: Nov 14, 2020, 01:50 PM »
Oh, and a bit off topic, but about your Ion, Roccus. I am looking into getting one and wondered what model you have, for something to compare the models to. I've seen the Ion X for about $500 and am curious about the weight, since I know what yours felt like. Plus, my shoulder says "no more pull cords, old woman!" lol.
Thanks!

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Nov 14, 2020, 03:12 PM »
Oh, and a bit off topic, but about your Ion, Roccus. I am looking into getting one and wondered what model you have, for something to compare the models to. I've seen the Ion X for about $500 and am curious about the weight, since I know what yours felt like. Plus, my shoulder says "no more pull cords, old woman!" lol.
Thanks!
"No more pull cords old woman" made me smile..its why I went electric, my old worn out shoulders can't handle it.. I love the smell of 2 stroke oil  in the morning,  but most days its just too painful..

My auger is a XC 5 8"..

I believe the weight is 21 lbs.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #71 on: Nov 14, 2020, 03:16 PM »
Way to go, Joe! 10 year from now I'd still be trying to post pictures, so I don't bother taking any lol!

All knowledgeable except ol' Guinea lol. Schooled in the caveman Newfound style!
I spend most of my time fishing alone, so being with a group such as yourselves is so enlightening. I learned so much that day from your different species targets and styles. I look forward to the Second Annual CD Invitational and to see the man himself.  :)
I got lucky, I'd rather be lucky than good.
I can't think of a group of people I'd rather spend a day on the ice with.. we definitely need to do act 2..

I'll bring some home brew to the next one, I've got a coffee porter in the fermenter right now..

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #72 on: Nov 14, 2020, 06:17 PM »
Thank you! Ion X it is! I think it was 24 pounds, and also got a good review from Salmonemia one one of the sites I checked.  :tipup:

Coffee Porter...mmmmm. Sounds breakfasty. lol

And to condense 2 posts, I remember you saying she was from the Bronx! It's not where you're from, it's where your heart is.  :)

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Dec 06, 2020, 09:00 AM »
Bumping this for AA

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #74 on: Dec 06, 2020, 09:21 AM »
Awesome! There’s the pics! That day was a blast! Hope to do it again.
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.