Author Topic: Best Selection of Gear  (Read 4074 times)

Offline JimQ

• Team IceShanty Addict
Best Selection of Gear
« on: Jan 21, 2008, 05:00 PM »
Who has the best selection of gear on hand?

Scheels in Lincoln is pretty weak.  I've been to Bass Pro shops over in Council Bluffs.  They seem a little weak also.  Who's got the best selection around?  How's Cabelas?

Thanks.

Q

Offline hankthecrank

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Nothing better than DR PEPPER on shaved ice.
Re: Best Selection of Gear
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2008, 05:06 PM »
Minnow Bucket in North Platte
DR PEPPER POWERED PIKE HUNTER

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FISHING AND CATCHING, IS ONE FISH.

Offline DustyRhyno

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Giddy up!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2008, 05:40 PM »
Dubs sports in Kearney is pretty good especially early on.
Last week I was in Council Bluffs for a conference and the guy at Bass Pro suggested I go to Woods. It was a small place but had a good selection of jigs.

Offline falcon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GAME ON!!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2008, 07:14 PM »

Scheels in Lincoln is pretty weak.  I've been to Bass Pro shops over in Council Bluffs.  They seem a little weak also.  Who's got the best selection around?  How's Cabelas?

Thanks.

Q

Cabelas in Omaha is very weak now!!!! Almost to the point of why bother having anything.
Live for Ice Fishing!!!

Offline ejhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2008, 10:47 PM »

Thanks.

Q

cabelas is pretty good you might try canfields they have a pretty good selection. there isn't alot of selection anywhere round here but they have probably the best I've seen in omaha

Offline hawgerdawger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2008, 09:00 AM »
I've pretty much given up on Cabela's for ice fishing gear. I think that place has got a bad case of trying to be all things to all people. I can find more useful stuff for ice fishing at a guy's garage bait shop here in town. If I'm looking for some pretty clothes for my wife, though, Cabela's is the place to go.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." --Unknown

Offline JimQ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2008, 02:29 PM »
cabelas is pretty good you might try canfields they have a pretty good selection. there isn't alot of selection anywhere round here but they have probably the best I've seen in omaha

Canfields. Thanks!  I forgot about them.

Q

Offline benson78

• IceShanty Rookie
  • never surrender
« Reply #7 on: Feb 14, 2008, 03:36 PM »
The best place that I have found would have been the scheels in Omaha, Thanks to Cabelas treating the Omaha store like it was a Texas store.  So since that happened Scheels was actually bought out of icefishing gear.

Offline JimQ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 15, 2008, 08:39 AM »
I agree.  I went to Scheels lin Omaha last week.  It's getting late in the season, but they still had a decent selection.  Had some decent sales too!

Q

Offline HuskerOnHardwater

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 18, 2008, 10:58 PM »
Bass Pro in CB is clearin' out too.  As of last weekend.  I depends on what you're needing. Just a tip!

Good luck and Good Fishin'!

Mick
Good times and tight lines!

Offline walleye4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice, Ice, BABY!!!!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: Feb 19, 2008, 09:26 AM »
Went to omaha this past weekend and BPS didn't have much left.  They did have Berkley Ice Line in the 1# for $1.50 so I stocked up.  Went to Scheels and they have alot left.  Some good deals too!  They had a Fish Trap Voyager for around $500.  That is a steal if you want to pull that big of shanty around.  Didn't make it to Cabela's or Canfields as time was running out on us.

OH NO, I have Jig-a-nitis!  Very deadly disease!!!

Offline benson78

• IceShanty Rookie
  • never surrender
« Reply #11 on: Feb 22, 2008, 04:33 AM »
Don't waste your time at cabelas they haven't had anything all year long not sure about cannfields, scheels must have restocked cause the last time I was there they were replacing alot of the ice fishing stuff cause they were sold out of alot of their stuff.

Offline fatjackedd

• IceShanty Rookie
  • DOINK!
« Reply #12 on: Feb 22, 2008, 10:01 AM »
I have a bunch of new genz sticks that I need to sell if anyone is interested

Offline benwyo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 29, 2008, 03:39 PM »
I do not know about Cabela's this year. I used to get a catalog from them with ice fishing stuff in it. This year I did not get one. I tried looking online for one and could not find one there either.

Ben

Offline flatwalter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 07, 2008, 09:56 PM »
Since the ice is way too thin in central Nebraska; I decided to spend Saturday, Dec. 6th at the sporting goods dealers in Omaha.

I checked out Cabela's, Scheel's, and Canfield's.  I did not make it over to Bass Pro Shop.

Scheel's has definitely the best supply of ice fishing gear that I have seen in the past few years.  Great rod selection, Superb selection of jigs and spoons, nice selection of Clam's, augers, cameras, and flashers.

Canfield's has a nice supply of Frabel huts; but really is lacking in jigs and spoons.

Cabela's has a good supply but doesn't touch Scheel's in my estimation.

I didn't find any bait available at this time.

jorg

Offline camps764

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 12, 2008, 12:30 PM »
Went to Canfields yesterday, they had a decent amount of jigs, not a huge variety of size/color, but enough to get you going.  Dicks at Westroads was worthless.  I'm gonna scope out Woods and Waters today to see if they have anything.  They're small though, Mom and Pop kinda thing, so they sell out quick and early.  Might head to Scheels tonight.

Good to know that Cabela's isn't worth it, long drive from my place. 

Offline camps764

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Dec 12, 2008, 09:14 PM »
Went to Woods today, not a damn thing.  looks like I'll be ordering all my stuff off the internet for the rest of the season.

Offline ehunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Dec 13, 2008, 02:09 PM »
i was at scheels day before yesterday. they have a pretty good selection of poles and what i think was a pretty good selection of jigs.  don't have much experience so maybe I'm wrong. got a new rod yesterday can't wait to try it out. any news on the ice conditions around Omaha.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.