Author Topic: Riggin atv for ice  (Read 16837 times)

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
Re: Riggin atv for ice
« Reply #30 on: Nov 12, 2013, 09:38 PM »
I run 14" wheels and 27" tires is there a set made for those and will the adapter scratch or mar my aftermarket rims?

Esox,

The wheels mount by replacing 2 lug nuts with 2 coupler nuts. Then 2 bolts thru the inside of the j wheel into the couplers.  No hardware makes any contact other than that.  The pressure between tire and j wheels foam back is what maintains a large part of the tension mating the two. Its an amazingly simple yet strong mounting.

Now with that big a tire, you will just have a little more clearance before contact between the j wheel and the surface you are riding on. Once the j-wheel touches the sand/mud/snow you have the traction like all others.

Hope that helps. I put a set on a Can Am 1000 last year with the factory rims and the guy had the same concerns...until I showed him the mounting and he was thrilled with the install.

Mike
www.howesfishing.com
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Nov 12, 2013, 10:37 PM »
Thanks Perch...

Offline skulldugary

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #32 on: Dec 12, 2013, 05:35 AM »

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing a sport, or just reason to buy stuff?
« Reply #33 on: Dec 24, 2013, 03:27 PM »
A handy idea I have came up with that works really well for carrying the auger on the front of the atv that takes little work, put a doubled over pice of carpet (4 x 4 folded in two) and lay it on the front rack. Lay the auger on it, and bunji cord it down at each end. Works amazingly well for what it is.
Thread killer

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Dec 26, 2013, 03:58 AM »
chains or stud tires. Good things both ways . Personally I prefer studs , smoother ride .

Fishmon

« Reply #35 on: Dec 26, 2013, 07:52 AM »
1. Gun rack/auger mount

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
« Reply #36 on: Dec 26, 2013, 06:06 PM »
The only thing I don't like about gun rack for an auger, there's only 2 support points, one at the pointy end of the auger, the other usually under by the gearcase.  That leaves the motor to flop around unsupported and sure a poop in a goose,  something is going to give far too soon.

Fishmon

« Reply #37 on: Dec 28, 2013, 08:39 AM »
I use a Nils hand auger.  No need for gas, etc.   ;)

Offline RIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • the tank!!!
« Reply #38 on: Dec 29, 2013, 04:50 PM »
this pic doesn't have my homemade auger rack for my Jiffy 30 , but you can see the 3 bucket dyi drop basket on the back
How are the edges ?

Offline wally-eye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Jan 07, 2014, 02:58 PM »

Offline Lavman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Passing along the traditions
« Reply #40 on: Jan 14, 2014, 12:25 PM »
Hey Wally, love your set up. Is that dog sled one made by Kimpex?

Offline wally-eye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Jan 14, 2014, 06:18 PM »
Home made......  I didn't make it but whom ever did knew what they were doing....

Offline sdoutdoors

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Feb 07, 2014, 06:06 PM »

2008 yamaha with 600 mile half was donation for even other all on the ice
humminbird 385ci  on atv
claim pro tc
Jiffy stx

Offline Hardwaternubie53

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Feb 08, 2014, 02:21 PM »
Gonna setup my wheeler for ice fishing this year, I will be using a 97 Polaris Xplorer 400 4x4. I want to get some type of holder for a power auger, tire chains, gps holder and some kind of bucket carrier. Tire chains and gps holder are no brainers, its the auger and bucket holder im interested in. There are a bunch of accessories for the Polaris atv racks you can get that are for holding guns and shovels, just not sure how they would hold up to something heavy like an auger. any suggestions?

These are what im thinking about using for holding the auger...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATV-TEK-POLARIS-MOUNT-ATV-AND-UTV-FLEXGRIP-SINGLE-GUN-TOOL-BOW-OR-UTILITY-RACK-/271221107535?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f2609ab4f&vxp=mtr#ht_4256wt_905

E-Bay. Got my auger rack from there. $12.00 (new). For the bucket holder, went to Home Depot. Bought the Homer Bucket for $2.50. Drilled four holes in the bottom, Cut a metal plate. Bolted the bucket through the rear luggage rack to the plate. Will hold another Homer Bucket. It is my bait pail holder. Also drilled a couple of extra holes for water drainage.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.