The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Meyers Lake  (Read 1624 times)

Offline Bucketfiller

• Team IceShanty Regular
Meyers Lake
« on: Jan 03, 2010, 10:07 PM »
Fished this lake for the first time today. Caught several Pike, only 1 was a keeper. Couple specks and gills, not huge but keepers. Anybody else fish this lake thats does well?

Offline gbrebory

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Meyers Lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2010, 11:07 PM »
wheres that se mi? im north of flint and it sounds familiar

Offline mcflyfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2010, 06:56 AM »
I am fairly sure he is talking about the one that is north and east of Rockford.  I am heading there today.  There are crazy numbers of pike in that lake.  I fished a few weeks ago, but had to share with ducks and geese that were swimming around 100 yards from my shanty :o.  I drove by yesterday, and there were lots of guys fishing and no open water. 

Offline TK81

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2010, 09:07 AM »
Lots of sorting.  Non-stop action for 3 to 5 inch gills and ocassionally a keeper.  Some decent specks.  Loads of hammer handles.  Don't use your favorite jigs...cause they will be gone to the snakes...

Offline Bucketfiller

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2010, 09:32 AM »
Yup, a lot of snake in here. Most pike are between 18 and 22 inches. The one I did keep was 25 inches. Can get a lot of action on this lake, but do have to do some sorting. I wounder if theres any perch in here?

Offline SquirrelHunterJay

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2010, 10:05 AM »
Yup, a lot of snake in here. Most pike are between 18 and 22 inches. The one I did keep was 25 inches. Can get a lot of action on this lake, but do have to do some sorting. I wounder if theres any perch in here?
pm sent
Early to bed, early to rise, fish like heck and make up lies......

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2010, 08:18 PM »
is there public access, I see the park wasnt sure if there was some better place to park....

Offline Bucketfiller

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 07, 2010, 12:16 AM »
is there public access, I see the park wasnt sure if there was some better place to park....

You can park right there at the park in front of the fence. You'll see other cars there. Gate is open to walk through to get to the lake.

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 09, 2010, 06:32 AM »
ok thanks, want to go out and jig for some pike......

Offline Richard Cr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 09, 2010, 07:47 AM »
I fished the lake last year and caught quite a few "decent" specks-around 7"-9" on a pink horizontal jig with two spikes. I also landed a 29" northern on 1# test line with the same set up. I am heading there in the very near future to try again. Any word on Versleus Lake-any good for fishing?
Hoovering like a fly....waiting for a windshield on the freeway

Offline its an addiction

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 12, 2010, 10:35 AM »
Hey guys, Hows the ice on this lake? 

I'm getting dragged up to Grand Rapids with my girlfriend and I'm going to go fishing while she is visiting friends.  Trying to find a lake near the area that has public access and don't have to walk miles to the fish.

Thanks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.