New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Silver Lake yesterday  (Read 1372 times)

Offline 10lbeye

• IceShanty Rookie
Silver Lake yesterday
« on: Feb 18, 2022, 08:55 AM »
Went to the South end of Silver lake yesterday.  I was straight out from the boat launch about 100 yards. Ice had water on it from the rain but was at least 10 inches thick. Caught around 25 perch but only kept 8, alot of dinks. Had 5 tip ups out with shiners but no flags.

Offline Creighster

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Silver Lake yesterday
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2022, 02:14 PM »
I plan on trying Silver Lake for the first time Sunday. Silver used to have a reputation as one of the best ice-fishing lakes in WNY for pike and big panfish, but like everywhere else I heard its been fished out and is now just a dink-perch lake like the rest. Still want to try it just for something different, I've never been to Letchworth during the winter before so I want to check that out and figure I'll give Sliver a shot for a few hours afterwards. Ice fishing has been very slow on the southern tier this year.

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Silver Lake yesterday
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2022, 07:46 PM »
There is a Silver Lake BS thread on the "Ice Fishing New York" page then see "Silver Lake Fishing".  There are this year posts on that thread so lets keep one Silver Lake BS thread going.  Thanks and good luck the rest of the ice season.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.