Author Topic: Killed 'em today, PART 2  (Read 17895 times)

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
Re: Killed 'em today, PART 2
« Reply #30 on: Dec 18, 2008, 06:30 PM »
400 fish, 2 guys, six hours is a bit more than one fish every two minutes.  Doable, but man would that bite have to be HOT!!

Jeff

Offline rcjim

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 18, 2008, 06:33 PM »
alright Marcum, I believe you, I was just yankin yer chain a little bit. Great catch........I'm a little jealous. Nobody's fishing Nyona and Mud yet so I have not been out.

Offline Marcum Man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Dec 18, 2008, 06:38 PM »
400 fish, 2 guys, six hours is a bit more than one fish every two minutes.  Doable, but man would that bite have to be HOT!!

Jeff
it was on I would love to show take someone there with me but I am afraid then everyone and all their buddies would know.......MM

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
« Reply #33 on: Dec 18, 2008, 06:40 PM »
it was on I would love to show take someone there with me but I am afraid then everyone and all their buddies would know.......MM

Make you a deal... you take me, I promise not to tell a soul and not to go back without going with you, and I'll back your story.  I believe 'ya, and the numbers show it can be done.  You just need someone to back you up.  I volunteer.  <G>

Jeff

Offline rcjim

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Dec 18, 2008, 06:45 PM »
Make you a deal... you take me, I promise not to tell a soul and not to go back without going with you, and I'll back your story.  I believe 'ya, and the numbers show it can be done.  You just need someone to back you up.  I volunteer.  <G>

Jeff
I agree, If you take Skeeter and I with you we won't tell a soul. I also volunteer.....pick me pick me....lol

Offline ispoman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Dec 18, 2008, 07:07 PM »
You should change your name to panfish destroyer, as in ruining fishing. Ya  good idea we should all go and catch 200 or 300, should be able to destroy it in one day. F.O.S,

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Dec 18, 2008, 07:17 PM »
DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....T alk about a dirty fillet knife.......lmmfao.... .....Nice Haul

Offline A- bomb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE ORIGINAL...ORIGINAL! Go drop A Bomb on 'em
« Reply #37 on: Dec 18, 2008, 07:35 PM »
you must be faster than I, b/c it took me about 5 hrs. clean 'em.......MM
ELECTRIC....the knife of choice for those who catch fish....by the bucketfuls!!!
Lack of planning on your part in NO way constitutes an EMERGENCY on mine

Offline Brmcc74

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Dec 18, 2008, 07:39 PM »
Im calling B.S. on the 375 also. Maybe like 80 between 2 people but 375? That just sounds stupid.

Offline kidd2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Dec 18, 2008, 08:00 PM »
fellas, the bite is pretty hot right now, i quit counting after 175 today, but only brought home 11 that were 9+ ins. pretty much the same yesterday, took home 9, I'm pretty much getting tired of catching 4-8 inchers already, i know i shouldn't be saying that!! i was in 14ft of water catching them between 10 and 14fow as soon as my jig got to that depth, fish-on! if i was after numbers, man i don't know, i guess it takes about 10-15 seconds for the jig to sink, so you do the math!! the bigger ones i would have to raise to about 9 ft before they would take it. while fishing today i decided i wasn't going tomorrow, but I'm going to put the vex on the charger just in case!!!i can help it, it's just addicting, you know what I'm talking about!  fish-on!

Offline h2.0shaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Dec 18, 2008, 08:11 PM »
fellas, the bite is pretty hot right now, i quit counting after 175 today, but only brought home 11 that were 9+ ins. pretty much the same yesterday, took home 9, I'm pretty much getting tired of catching 4-8 inchers already, i know i shouldn't be saying that!! i was in 14ft of water catching them between 10 and 14fow as soon as my jig got to that depth, fish-on! if i was after numbers, man i don't know, i guess it takes about 10-15 seconds for the jig to sink, so you do the math!! the bigger ones i would have to raise to about 9 ft before they would take it. while fishing today i decided i wasn't going tomorrow, but I'm going to put the vex on the charger just in case!!!i can help it, it's just addicting, you know what I'm talking about!  fish-on!

It's nice when you can throw 8.5" blue-ies back. Keep it up.

Offline meatmonger

• IceShanty Rookie
  • here fishy fishy !!!
« Reply #41 on: Dec 18, 2008, 08:30 PM »
500 fish is a bit of an exaggeration, unless you caught one fish a minute for 8 straight hours which would be absolutely impossible. I love a good fish story as much as the next guy.
hes not lying i was there its my favorite spot could go there any given day do same dont b mad i have been ice fishing for 30 years in this area just know where to go thanks to the old timers over the years

Offline meatmonger

• IceShanty Rookie
  • here fishy fishy !!!
« Reply #42 on: Dec 18, 2008, 08:37 PM »
#1. I doubt that you caught 375
#2. If you did catch that many' then your ethics are to be questioned.
#3. Why in the H--L would you keep 6" when you're on them like that? I have no problem keeping 6" panfish when thats all that I can catch, or to make a dozen .........but come on man.
#4. Alot of guys feel this way but wont say it.'
 Sorry if I offend you with this post.

375 would prob b an understatement and if there were 50 under 6 inches that would b pushing it we had fun and marcum man is having a fish fry for his family whom i know they r good people and i dont think your going to b invited i would like to go fishing with u so could watch u carry the fish when done with a day on the ice
if u tyhink could lets go someday

Offline ice_mike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #43 on: Dec 18, 2008, 08:53 PM »
I think it is possible to catch that many gills in a day of fishing on a good spot.
A few years ago 6 of us caught 135 walleye in one night on a popular walleye lake. We also had a big mess of channel cat, crappie, and white bass that night.
The group only kept 18 eyes out of the 135 but I bet not many guys believed us when we told our stories about that night.
If you haven't done it it's hard to believe.

By the way nice mess of fish. I hope I can get on them like that some day.
Just hope I have the camera if I do.

mike

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Dec 18, 2008, 09:15 PM »
I think it is possible to catch that many gills in a day of fishing on a good spot.
A few years ago 6 of us caught 135 walleye in one night on a popular walleye lake. We also had a big mess of channel cat, crappie, and white bass that night.
The group only kept 18 eyes out of the 135 but I bet not many guys believed us when we told our stories about that night.
If you haven't done it it's hard to believe.

By the way nice mess of fish. I hope I can get on them like that some day.
Just hope I have the camera if I do.

mikeHi Mike I think I heard that story before. Do you know Coondog?????????????/

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #45 on: Dec 18, 2008, 09:36 PM »
#1. I doubt that you caught 375
#2. If you did catch that many' then your ethics are to be questioned.
#3. Why in the H--L would you keep 6" when you're on them like that? I have no problem keeping 6" panfish when thats all that I can catch, or to make a dozen .........but come on man.
#4. Alot of guys feel this way but wont say it.'
 Sorry if I offend you with this post.

I wasn't even going to post on this topic, but I can't leave you hanging. I feel the same way. It may be legal, but ethically??? If I lived in Indiana, I would never post any reports in fear these two would show up...
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline ice_mike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #46 on: Dec 18, 2008, 09:43 PM »
Yep Al
We fish together some.

Offline ispoman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #47 on: Dec 18, 2008, 09:50 PM »
Bart** Thank you. Atleast you have some guts. Its funny how i have got my balls busted on this site in the past and this guy cleans a school out and is gaining support. Just goes to show how wishy washy, chk sh-t people really are. Sorry i speak my mind

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #48 on: Dec 18, 2008, 10:06 PM »
Bart** Thank you. Atleast you have some guts. Its funny how i have got my balls busted on this site in the past and this guy cleans a school out and is gaining support. Just goes to show how wishy washy, chk sh-t people really are. Sorry i speak my mind

Isporman,

If you look, I congratulated him on his catch, but stated everyone should practice selective harvest.  He was catching them to clean and give to his family.  I don't have a problem with that.  If he did this every time out it would be a different story.  His first trip they kept 50 or so between the 2 of them.  That is not overharvesting.  No one can catch fish like that on a consistent basis. 

You made your point, some agree with you, others don't.  I personally have never been on a school of keeper gills that size.  If I were, I would not keep that many for 3 reasons.  I don't want to clean that many, don't want to eat that many, and I would leave some for next time.  That does not mean I would not sit on that school and catch everyone I could, but release all but the 30-40 I wanted to clean. 

At least he cleaned them and they are going to get eaten...unlike the a-holes that catch short fish and throw them on the ice to die instead of releasing them to grow to keeper size.  These are the guys you should be critisizing.

Give the guy a break...he had the day of a lifetime....

Offline Brmcc74

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Dec 18, 2008, 10:09 PM »
Ispoman, you have a point. Guys on here count fish in a picture to make sure that a limit isn't exceeded but this guy slays 400 and its ok? What about all of the crying about willow slough? Guys would complain if a guy had 26 fish last year,  You arent alone in your thinking.

Offline ispoman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #50 on: Dec 18, 2008, 10:15 PM »
Isporman,

If you look, I congratulated him on his catch, but stated everyone should practice selective harvest.  He was catching them to clean and give to his family.  I don't have a problem with that.  If he did this every time out it would be a different story.  His first trip they kept 50 or so between the 2 of them.  That is not overharvesting.  No one can catch fish like that on a consistent basis. 

You made your point, some agree with you, others don't.  I personally have never been on a school of keeper gills that size.  If I were, I would not keep that many for 3 reasons.  I don't want to clean that many, don't want to eat that many, and I would leave some for next time.  That does not mean I would not sit on that school and catch everyone I could, but release all but the 30-40 I wanted to clean. 

At least he cleaned them and they are going to get eaten...unlike the a-holes that catch short fish and throw them on the ice to die instead of releasing them to grow to keeper size.  These are the guys you should be critisizing.

Give the guy a break...he had the day of a lifetime....

OK, thats fair

Offline Illinoizboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Chicago, Il. No, I never met Al Capone.
« Reply #51 on: Dec 19, 2008, 01:09 AM »
Willow slough has a 25 panfish combo limit. So's I'm guessing they were somewhere else.
One a Da Boyz from Illinoiz
U.S.A.F. Vietnam Vet 66-67

Hello,my name is John.... and I am an ICE HOLE.
God Bless our Troops.

Offline hardwater347

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • my under sized musky just ate ur trophy bass
« Reply #52 on: Dec 19, 2008, 01:49 AM »
You have got to be kidding me right?
They are blugills and sunnys for crying out loud they are over populated as it is.
kill em all.ny has a 50 fish limit on them and ive kept my limit 5-6 days in a row on a lake i fish and guess what the next season there were even more.

Offline Hardwater Problem

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #53 on: Dec 19, 2008, 02:02 AM »
Five or six days of limits of fifty fish?????  KOBIYASHI would throw up!!!!   You cant eat that much!!!!!
IF YOU CAN'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, GO GET IN FRONT OF THEM!!!     

Offline Marcum Man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #54 on: Dec 19, 2008, 03:16 AM »
man you have no idea, we did not clean the school out, you should have seen the marcum it was LOADED with fish, there was a HUGE school of gills under us when we left we did not hurt the population any, we just put a very small dent in it. and Bart I am not afraid of someone bringing up ethics, the only reason I kept that many is for all of my family, I have grandparents on both sides that can't get out anymore to fish so I went and got them some, my father who has a special needs child can't afford the time to get out on the ice anylonger to get his own gills, well I got him some too. So you see I'm not wasting them and won't slay 'em like that everytime, just wanted to share some, is that wrong? Isporman you made your point ok and I respect it but, now please just let it go..........MM

Offline Gill Gitter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Good friends -- Great times
« Reply #55 on: Dec 19, 2008, 03:21 AM »
375 would prob b an understatement and if there were 50 under 6 inches that would b pushing it we had fun and marcum man is having a fish fry for his family whom i know they r good people and i dont think your going to b invited i would like to go fishing with u so could watch u carry the fish when done with a day on the ice
if u tyhink could lets go someday
meatmonger,while i may have not kept that many myself for my backs sake.i agree that as long as they go to good use it is an applausable occasion. once or twice to fill the freezer then on to walleye or perch.i would be happy to carry a bucket or two of fish for a chance like that.and oh yea, i can keep a secret ;D

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #56 on: Dec 19, 2008, 04:28 AM »
Hell...............I seen what the picture of fish look like,let me see what the picture of fillets look like ::)

I bet the picture of fillets weighs 11 lbs..lol.......

Offline Marcum Man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #57 on: Dec 19, 2008, 04:31 AM »
Hell...............I seen what the picture of fish look like,let me see what the picture of fillets look like ::)

I bet the picture of fillets weighs 11 lbs..lol.......
9 quart bags stuffed full.......MM

Offline ispoman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #58 on: Dec 19, 2008, 06:12 AM »
Marcum- I know that you cant see me but I am bowing down to you like the rest of the guys on this sight. I guess its allright. It just depends on who does it..........sorry

Offline Derslayer1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • EAT   SLEEP   FISH
« Reply #59 on: Dec 19, 2008, 06:20 AM »
One particular day on bass lake, I boated 112 walleyes in 2 hrs 13 minutes. As fast as I could get a 1/4 inch jig down... Bam. The winds were 25 mph and my troll mtr, pointed into the wind could barely keep up. NOT one single walleye was over 14 inches, but I just could not get over the bite, what a blast. That includes 5 minute lulls at times. So their catching 500+ isnt unreal after a long day. WTG guyz...I know most my family would love a bag of gillies too at xmas. If I could, I do it for em... 8)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.