Author Topic: Killed 'em today, PART 2  (Read 17896 times)

Offline hillbilly hank

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Killed 'em today, PART 2
« Reply #120 on: Dec 21, 2008, 07:35 PM »
geez O-pete  you guys wine and cry about folks catching fish,, as long as you eat them and you are within the law go ahead. i see the worst damage done in the spring on Chapman lake people wipe out entire  beds of gill ,and they are thriving well. on my pond if you dont keep the population in check the fish dont have enough to eat and no space so they git stunted.
catch fish ,eat fish be happy !! tell stories have fun ,,, my 2 cents

Offline no.co.fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #121 on: Dec 21, 2008, 08:37 PM »
I've been fishing lakes around here for a few years. Most of them are owned by friends of older friends. Most of the lakes I fish are 20 acres or less.
Most every landowners I know tell me to keep everyting, or throw it to the racoons. They know what overpulation can do.
My Grandad never threw anyting back. The cats will eat it.
I do not know if this works or not, but I can go back every year and catch fish.

Offline Buck762

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too!
« Reply #122 on: Dec 21, 2008, 09:17 PM »
There is a private nieghborhood pond down the road that is only fished by mabey a dozen guys, (includeing me).  I'm one of mabey 3 guys who keeps the fish they catch.  The lake has now been over-run with bluegill!!!The bluegill stunted their growth and now its tough to catch fish over 6-7 inches :-[  This season im gonna ice and keep as many as the law allows so hopefully this spring/summer the gills can make a comeback!!

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Happiness is a safe piece of ice.
« Reply #123 on: Dec 22, 2008, 03:20 PM »
You cant legislate morality....and the law is the law.  It doesnt matter what I think.  The guys were well within their rights and within the the realm of the law.  Kinda funny how egos and such get involved in this stuff.  I, for one, just like to eat them.  Amazing how the "deerhunter" mentality gets brought over to fishing for gills.  Merry Christmas everyone.....and be safe out there.

Offline troutaddict33

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #124 on: Dec 22, 2008, 03:34 PM »
the only reason I kept that many is for all of my family, I have grandparents on both sides that can't get out anymore to fish so I went and got them some, my father who has a special needs child can't afford the time to get out on the ice anylonger to get his own gills, well I got him some too. So you see I'm not wasting them and won't slay 'em like that everytime, just wanted to share some, is that wrong? Isporman you made your point ok and I respect it but, now please just let it go..........MM

this sould have ended the criticisms... i can't stand people who keep over their limit, catch to sell, keep short fish, or even when it comes to hunting i hate when people shoot spikehorns. im very critical of other's ethics, but there is nothing wrong with this... NICE CATCH. must have been fun. still waiting for some good ice here

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
« Reply #125 on: Dec 22, 2008, 03:49 PM »
this sould have ended the criticisms... i can't stand people who keep over their limit, catch to sell, keep short fish, or even when it comes to hunting i hate when people shoot spikehorns. im very critical of other's ethics, but there is nothing wrong with this... NICE CATCH. must have been fun. still waiting for some good ice here

I 100% agree with troutaddict.  No laws were violated, and the catch will be put to very good use.  It's not like they are going to do this every time they hit the ice, even if they were to get lucky and get on a school like that every time out. 

Give it a break everyone.  Both sides of the fence are beating a dead horse. 

Jeff

Offline moonbeam

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #126 on: Dec 22, 2008, 03:55 PM »
I 100% agree with troutaddict.  No laws were violated, and the catch will be put to very good use.  It's not like they are going to do this every time they hit the ice, even if they were to get lucky and get on a school like that every time out. 

Give it a break everyone.  Both sides of the fence are beating a dead horse. 

Jeff
Oh great , now we're beating horses?   (LOL ) !
WAIVER....."NO ANIMALS WERE ABUSED OR INJURED MAKING THIS MESSAGE."

Offline perchunter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Need perch, will travel.
« Reply #127 on: Dec 22, 2008, 05:21 PM »
6 inch fish = desperation
The man with the most holes wins.

Offline h2.0shaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #128 on: Dec 22, 2008, 05:36 PM »
I wish the moderators would remove this post. :-\

Offline High Tide

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #129 on: Dec 22, 2008, 07:48 PM »

I agree, chalk it up to "damned if you do, damned if you don't", sometimes you should keep that many, some times you shouldn't, no one lake has the same number of fish, per acre, with the exact same structure, with the same number of fisherman per year, so put it to bed.   

Oh yeah...Happy Holidays!  ;)
I wish I was good at ice fishing!

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #130 on: Dec 22, 2008, 08:31 PM »
very impressive pile of gills  :clap:
I personally do not believe a couple of guys even a few days like this can hurt or even dent a panfish population. I live in NY where we have a 50 fish limit and in some lakes I think it would be beneficial to up that limit cant catch anything but runts lots and lots of runts.

Offline fishinfiend

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #131 on: Dec 22, 2008, 09:38 PM »

Now that is the smartest thing stated here

Offline Buck762

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too!
« Reply #132 on: Dec 23, 2008, 01:18 AM »
This post should go in a hall-of-fame for the most bickering, arguing and complaining ever!!

Nice Job Guys, Good-Eatin Fish. 

Offline jigginstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jig Jig Jig
« Reply #133 on: Dec 23, 2008, 05:22 AM »
You got to be kidding me 132 replies & 2658 views, let it go guys......... let it go!  Go fishing and quit worrying about how many fish someone catches. LMAO!!!!

Offline icezombie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #134 on: Dec 23, 2008, 06:15 AM »
what he said, the horse is dead

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #135 on: Dec 23, 2008, 09:27 AM »
We didn't have to clean them,if little fish make him happy,let him be happy.I like them to be at least 8 1/2 inches,It just seem like a waste to keep little gills,crappie,and perch,(not much meat) but Indiana seems to have the best gill population in the country.

Offline fishinfiend

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #136 on: Dec 23, 2008, 10:34 AM »
Ok one more, I cant help it.       So who pi$$ed the farthest in this contest anyway?? :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline Marcum Man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #137 on: Dec 23, 2008, 12:01 PM »
Ok one more, I cant help it.       So who pi$$ed the farthest in this contest anyway?? :roflmao: :roflmao:
well that would have been me...MM

ps. I am in sunny Florida, 78 degrees I am longing for the ice bad, so catch all you can, b/c I'll be back soon enough for a "killed 'em again part 3"..........MM

Offline leavnsorlips

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #138 on: Dec 23, 2008, 12:16 PM »
ha ha i love it MM! i truly hope you do! as a matter of fact i would'nt mind havin one of dem "Killed 'em" parts myself. i'll keep em and eat em. and love every minute of it! better believe it!

Offline Marcum Man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #139 on: Dec 25, 2008, 08:34 PM »
7 days then its on again

Offline SLABSLAMMER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #140 on: Dec 25, 2008, 09:07 PM »
OMG !!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor