Author Topic: Loomis Lake  (Read 12299 times)

Offline bsufishinguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Loomis Lake
« Reply #30 on: Dec 10, 2008, 11:06 AM »
wow..that really surprises me...

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Dec 10, 2008, 07:07 PM »
        I'm glad to hear the ice survived the massive amount of rain we got. I will be out there Friday or Saturday.  See you on the ice, High Flags. :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Offline crappie rob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #32 on: Dec 10, 2008, 07:22 PM »
Hey Highflags, crappie rob here, I've been on a descent crappie bite at night, get a hold of me, I'll put you on 'em. Looks like you did pretty good up front!! C-ya, Crappie Rob.
Lets Go Cubs. Bring on the baseball season!!!

Offline h2.0shaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Dec 11, 2008, 10:51 AM »
Are you guys going thru the woods to get to the bay? Im thinking of doing this tonite or hitting High Flags spot, let me know if youre heading out.

Offline Armyman2007

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Slough Gills"
« Reply #34 on: Dec 11, 2008, 11:58 AM »
Anyone heading to Loomis tomorrow morning? I am not familiar with the lake and don't know where the safe/thin ice is.

Offline crappie rob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #35 on: Dec 11, 2008, 04:21 PM »
Are you guys going thru the woods to get to the bay? Im thinking of doing this tonite or hitting High Flags spot, let me know if youre heading out.
Just got home from work, I'm thinking about it!! C-ya, Crappie Rob. And YES I've been going thru the woods!! Alot of work, but it's been worth it.

Offline h2.0shaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Dec 11, 2008, 09:08 PM »
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh16/aquashaver/Picture002.jpg

made it out tonite from 2-6. No one else out. The ice is good after the first 5 feet off shore, then its atleast 3.5". Thru quite a few back. Had to keep some to justify that trek thru the woods. If there is a constant path, then I missed it. Lost my skimmer in the woods. Good to get out though. They were still bitting @ 6 when I left. That was a workout.

Offline A- bomb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE ORIGINAL...ORIGINAL! Go drop A Bomb on 'em
« Reply #37 on: Dec 11, 2008, 09:15 PM »

got ya covered shaver!! ;D
Lack of planning on your part in NO way constitutes an EMERGENCY on mine

Offline h2.0shaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Dec 11, 2008, 09:16 PM »
THX ;)

Offline Armyman2007

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Slough Gills"
« Reply #39 on: Dec 11, 2008, 09:23 PM »
Where do you guys park at to fish Loomis, and  where is the closest bait store? I hoping to get out there about 9:00 tomorrow a.m.

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Crappie too big for the hole!!! LOL!!
« Reply #40 on: Dec 12, 2008, 04:41 AM »
Armyman, they are parking in the park by the boatramp. The best bait shop is Country Bait Shop it's at the corner of Rt. 6 and Meridian/Campbell.  They've got everything you need. It is about a mile or two west of the intersection of Rt. 6 and Rt. 49. Good luck and we'll look forward to your posts.

Offline beeronice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Dec 12, 2008, 06:23 AM »
NICE CATCH ! How big was the largest?

Offline h2.0shaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Dec 12, 2008, 08:48 AM »
They weren't monsters but after that walk ..................smal lest was probably 6.5 gill..............larg e 10 crappie

Offline crappie rob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #43 on: Dec 12, 2008, 09:57 AM »
Ataboy, nice pics!! C-ya, Crappie Rob. Ice held up pretty well back in the bay, didn't it!! C-ya, Crappie Rob.

Offline crappie rob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #44 on: Dec 12, 2008, 06:20 PM »
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh16/aquashaver/Picture002.jpg

made it out tonite from 2-6. No one else out. The ice is good after the first 5 feet off shore, then its atleast 3.5". Thru quite a few back. Had to keep some to justify that trek thru the woods. If there is a constant path, then I missed it. Lost my skimmer in the woods. Good to get out though. They were still bitting @ 6 when I left. That was a workout.
There isn't a constant path so you didn't miss anything, just alot of work, makes them fish more valueable!! C-ya, Crappie Rob.

Offline IceMan74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Dec 12, 2008, 06:58 PM »
HIGHFLAGS, looks like your aways getting out there after them.  When I get home I will have to get with you and get out there to figure out this INDIANA ice fishing, since I cannot fish out of my truck down there  :laugh:.   
Men and fish are alike.  They both get into trouble

Offline Armyman2007

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Slough Gills"
« Reply #46 on: Dec 12, 2008, 07:02 PM »
Hit the bay on Loomis you guys have been talking about. Fished this afternoon from 1 till 4. Caught 15 gills kept 7. Didn't catch first fish until 3 p.m.. Was kinda weird to be only one out there, and the trek through the woods sucked. I will try and get a pic up later.

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Dec 12, 2008, 09:10 PM »
      Iceman, it's a lot easier drilling through the ice in IN , than where your fishing.        Grab a pole and find a hole.   see ya around Christmas.  Mark
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Offline IceMan74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Dec 12, 2008, 09:13 PM »
That it is, but with the 10'' jiffy it cuts through like butter.  I will miss fishing out of my truck when I come home.  I might have to buy some warm clothes now for sitting on that bucket in the elements.

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Dec 12, 2008, 09:18 PM »
   PONY UP 

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Dec 13, 2008, 06:29 AM »
Heading out this morning if any one wants to join me. I'm shooting to be there around 7am and walk through the woods.

Offline jerryklop

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fish On!
« Reply #51 on: Dec 13, 2008, 06:54 AM »
I'm in

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Dec 13, 2008, 06:41 PM »
I got out on Loomis from 7-11 today. The back bay of the lake  had 5-6 inches of solid ice in the area where I fished. The edges were frozen solid too. I caught several small gills in about 10 ft of water and then moved out to about 15 and caught a couple really nice ones. It was fun playing them. Caught them on pink and white jig with a beemoth. I also ran into Chum Buddy and his friend on the ice there so that felt good to not be the only one on the ice. Chum Buddy lost a eye at the hole. Thanks for the fish you guys.  I've got your jig and I'll give it back to you when we meet again.

There were also guys on the front end of Loomis out from the boat ramp. I heard they were catching some good gills there too.

It was fun to get on the ice!!!  It was raining this afternoon, so we'll see where the ice is after tomorrow. Here is our combined fish.

Offline Armyman2007

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Slough Gills"
« Reply #53 on: Dec 13, 2008, 07:32 PM »
Fished the front of Loomis today by the boat ramp from noon till 5 p.m.. Ended up keeping 16 decent gills, threw at least the same number of dinks back. Met a lot of friendly iceshanty members, Highflags was killing the bass on tip-ups.

Offline jimmycrown

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • live is good on the ice
« Reply #54 on: Dec 13, 2008, 07:51 PM »
with this rain do you think it will be worth getting in a morning try

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Dec 13, 2008, 09:19 PM »
       Fished sun up till sun down on Loomis, I was glad to meet some of our fellow ice shanty members. Dave, Andy,John ,Fat rap and Armyman2007. We all had a good time catching gills all day long. We had 24 flags, I caught 15 bass and I think John got 5 bass. The biggest was 3 lbs. The gills were hitting all day. I caught over 60 and keep 28 to clean. I have some pics I will try to post. Again that was lots of FUN. I hope to see and fish with you guys again.   MARK

Offline IceMan74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Dec 13, 2008, 09:27 PM »
high flags, you better keep some of those gills in the lakes for me to catch!!!  cannot wait to see these pictures you got.

Offline Davek

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #57 on: Dec 13, 2008, 09:46 PM »
       Fished sun up till sun down on Loomis, I was glad to meet some of our fellow ice shanty members. Dave, Andy,John ,Fat rap and Armyman2007. We all had a good time catching gills all day long. We had 24 flags, I caught 15 bass and I think John got 5 bass. The biggest was 3 lbs. The gills were hitting all day. I caught over 60 and keep 28 to clean. I have some pics I will try to post. Again that was lots of FUN. I hope to see and fish with you guys again.   MARK
Mark:
  Thanks for a fine demo using tip-ups.
   Had a great day.  Thanks  DAVE

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Dec 13, 2008, 09:54 PM »
        Your Welcome Dave. Glad to see you got on line.

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.