Author Topic: Loomis Lake  (Read 12300 times)

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Loomis Lake
« on: Dec 05, 2008, 04:32 PM »
          Has anyone checked the bay at the Park? How thick is the ice?  It's usually the first place to have safe ice.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Loomis Lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2008, 04:36 PM »
Yeah, but you cant get to it unless the main lake is frozen safe. Heard it was open 2 days ago. Think it will be awhile yet. Too bad they closed the park.

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2008, 04:54 PM »
Just got off the phone with crappie rob. He said he was standing on 2 inches in the pocket. He is going back home 4 his gear FISH ON. He walked thru the woods 2 get there. On the way out some guys were heading in, so, after talkin with him again he said the ice was 3 1/2 inches. IT IS SAFE

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2008, 09:49 PM »
             Thanks for the info , time to suit up.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Crappie too big for the hole!!! LOL!!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2008, 06:41 AM »
Thanks for the report. See you on the ice today!!!???

Offline fin-stalker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm watchin you fish!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 06, 2008, 08:18 AM »
Getting my gear down and ready!!  It's making ice outside as we speak(type, read, whatever)
ICE ADDICT!

Offline fishinfiend

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 06, 2008, 11:42 AM »
The ice is comin on fast!!!!      Fished a spot with 4in yesterday,  had 5in today.         It has begun :icefish:

Offline purduebass

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 06, 2008, 01:27 PM »
So how did you do Rob?  We're all waiting on your report.  Hope you caught a bunch.
BOILER UP!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline crappie rob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 06, 2008, 02:43 PM »
Heading back out around 4 p.m. I kept 8 nice crappies last night. Fishing without the shack was brutal last night. Ice was 3.5", going to drag the shack through the woods tonight. Alot of work, hopefully pays off!! C-ya, Crappie Rob.
Lets Go Cubs. Bring on the baseball season!!!

Offline fin-stalker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm watchin you fish!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 06, 2008, 11:11 PM »
Hey Rob...how did you make it out there?  Did you see the pics from crappiehunter with all the open water???
ICE ADDICT!

Offline crappie rob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 07, 2008, 01:32 AM »
Yep, I made it out!!! Brought home 15 chunky crappies. Ice is now 4" Alot of work getting through the woods. I haven't seen any pictures yet!! C-ya, Crappie Rob.

Offline crappie rob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #11 on: Dec 07, 2008, 06:30 PM »
Did anyone make it out on Loomis today? I'm in the DOG HOUSE so I couldn't get out!! HO HO HO!!! C-ya, Crappie Rob.

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 07, 2008, 07:08 PM »
           I just got done cleaning fish. It's 7pm. I fished  from 2pm until 5pm . I got 2 nice bass on tip-ups. 22 gills. What a nice start to the season. I will try to post some pics.   :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Dec 07, 2008, 07:37 PM »
High Flags, glad you got out and did well! Any size to the bass? How thick did you find the ice to be in that spot? It was 12 degrees last night so I'm sure it's making ice. Rob, here's something about being in the doghouse that you might enjoy.....we've all been there. I hope the review board is easy on you and you are wise with your words!! LOL!!

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2077360/bewa...ouse_hilarious/

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Dec 07, 2008, 07:50 PM »
           Hey hunter, The Bass were both about 2 lbs, the ice is about 3 inches, lots of open water. everybody BECAREFUL!!!!

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Dec 07, 2008, 08:10 PM »
           Hey hunter, The Bass were both about 2 lbs, the ice is about 3 inches, lots of open water. everybody BECAREFUL!!!!
Hey high flags, where were you at, in the north cove. Cant place the pic?????????????

Offline bsufishinguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Dec 07, 2008, 08:23 PM »
high flags.. i was the guy in the black coat who was trying to talk to ya...sorry if i was bugging ya for information..hope to be out there by the end of the week....

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Dec 07, 2008, 08:52 PM »
Awesome pics and nice bass and gills! Thanks for sharing!! I'm going to try to be out there later in the week or next weekend. I need a bit more than 3 inches for me!!

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Dec 08, 2008, 08:52 PM »
          abishop, I was in the bay by the Park.  bsufishinguy, I did not mind the questions on the ice , it's that I was having to yell back to you on shore and it was spooking the fish. I guess you weren't ready to take the risk and walk out. Just us crazies out there this time of year. You said you were going in the morning. How did you do?

Offline crappie rob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #24 on: Dec 09, 2008, 02:34 PM »
Anyone check Loomis today? I'm going to go check it out around 4!! We'll see what happens. C-ya, Crappie Rob.

Offline bsufishinguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Dec 09, 2008, 03:15 PM »
high flags...i was planning on going out in the morning..i got all my stuff around..and then realized that my uncle still has my auger from last year...lol...i got to the point where i loaded my stuff up and was going to go and see if i could kick in some holes left over from you but decided to wait till i got the auger on friday...now ill have to wait for more ice..cuz i don't think the ice we had will withstand the rain thats been pouring all day...

Offline fishinfiend

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Dec 09, 2008, 03:50 PM »
Nice bass, now we need more cold temps.

Offline crappie rob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #27 on: Dec 09, 2008, 08:14 PM »
Just got back from Loomis!!! Ice was surprisingly in good shape!! Fished from 5-7 p.m., I caught 11 crappies and missed a few, Southsidebob, well not so good tonight, can you say skunked!!! We're sitting right next to each other in a two man shanty, hopefully next time he outfishes me........ Well you know what I mean. C-ya, Crappie Rob.

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #28 on: Dec 09, 2008, 08:21 PM »
Just got back from Loomis!!! Ice was surprisingly in good shape!! Fished from 5-7 p.m., I caught 11 crappies and missed a few, Southsidebob, well not so good tonight, can you say skunked!!! We're sitting right next to each other in a two man shanty, hopefully next time he outfishes me........ Well you know what I mean. C-ya, Crappie Rob.

How much ice was there before the rain and how much was there now after all the rain?  How were the edges of the lake?  I think we got at least half inch of rain here if not more and temps were near 45 for much of the day.

Offline crappie rob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #29 on: Dec 09, 2008, 08:30 PM »
Last time I fished it was Saturday, had approx. 4.5" of ice, there was 4" as of 7:30 this evening!! One other guy out and he said it was about the same as last nights ice. Did break through at the shore on the way in. That was in less than a foot of water. I was amazed at how well the ice withstood the rain. Go figure!! Glad I went and checked!! C-ya, Crappie Rob.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.