Author Topic: Loomis  (Read 15173 times)

Offline INfishking

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Loomis
« Reply #30 on: Jan 30, 2008, 11:42 AM »
have caught large gills and redears for yrs. at Loomis. Like with any lake you catch fish of all sizes. Last Sunday caught 15 large gills and 2 crappies. Springtime seems to be best for the big ones, but have done good in the summer and fall also.

Offline crappie rob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #31 on: Jan 30, 2008, 11:12 PM »
Caught 40 crappies tonight between 5:30-9:00. Only 7 were keepers. Lot of fun though, considering the beatin I've been taking the past week!!!
Lets Go Cubs. Bring on the baseball season!!!

Offline fin-stalker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm watchin you fish!
« Reply #32 on: Jan 30, 2008, 11:49 PM »
That's a lot of lip rippin! Good job! What were they hittin on?
ICE ADDICT!

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Jan 31, 2008, 10:28 AM »
Going out in a while hope the bite is hot. The pressure should be dropping throught the day with this snow storm coming. Going to try new spot close to the beach. I hope it produces, otherwise it is to the bay I go.

Offline INfishking

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Jan 31, 2008, 12:22 PM »
might work. got mine out from the beach last Sunday.

Offline crappie rob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #35 on: Jan 31, 2008, 02:30 PM »
That's a lot of lip rippin! Good job! What were they hittin on?
Fin-stalker, got 'em on glo nuclear ants with a tiny minnow.

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Crappie too big for the hole!!! LOL!!
« Reply #36 on: Jan 31, 2008, 06:54 PM »
Got out on Loomis Lake near Valpo today. Good 5 inches or so of ice. Caught a bunch of little gills. Did manage this nice 8 incher. I also caught a couple nice redear. Lost one crappie at the hole. Ran into ABishop on the ice and I'm sure he came home with a bucket full.  Ran out of fuel in my lantern and it got cold or I would have stayed longer.

Offline FelixD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • R.I.P. Janurary 16, 2015
« Reply #37 on: Jan 31, 2008, 08:55 PM »
went out with my daughter 2night but got to the bait shop too late didn't have any minnows. so we set up in the bay and drowned a couple bmoths.  didn't catch any but had g good time with my girl! we skated a couple minuets she went home saying that was the best time of her life. she is finally comfortable on the ice. thinking about taking her with me all day Saturday
Politicians and diapers need to be changed for the same reason

Offline fin-stalker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm watchin you fish!
« Reply #38 on: Feb 01, 2008, 09:13 AM »
Got on to Loomis last night.  Bite was was great when first drilled holes.  Only lasted about 30 min then slowed way down.  Fished from about 5 to 9:30 and caught 13 crappie, 1 gill, and 1 small bass.  6in or more of good ice. Marked fish all night long but takers were slow.  The bite was mainly on beemoths not one on the minnow.  Tight lines and good luck to all.
ICE ADDICT!

Offline jigginstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jig Jig Jig
« Reply #39 on: Feb 01, 2008, 09:57 AM »
went out with my daughter 2night but got to the bait shop too late didn't have any minnows. so we set up in the bay and drowned a couple bmoths.  didn't catch any but had g good time with my girl! we skated a couple minuets she went home saying that was the best time of her life. she is finally comfortable on the ice. thinking about taking her with me all day Saturday
Right on spending time with your Daughter! :clap:. The fish will be there later, but one day she will be all grown up and on her own. But you both will have the fun memories, keep on being a great DAD!!
P.S. I hope you catch a few Saturday, Tight lines To both of you.

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Feb 01, 2008, 11:23 AM »
Got bored last nite. Had a couple of bites every hour. Than everytime we were just about to pack it up we caught a couple more. Well, i guess this means that we will be staying another half hour. We ended up with 17 crappies and lost our fair share. It was fun. Got off the ice around 1;00, just before the heavy stuff started falling. Took 1-1/2 hours to drive 44 miles. Think I need a day off to re-lax. I think Bass Lake is calling my name for Saturday. Need to find something with a little more backbone.

Offline crappie rob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #41 on: Feb 01, 2008, 09:50 PM »
SLOW!!!! 8 crappies in 5 hrs.

Offline slabgill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Crappie!!!!
« Reply #42 on: Feb 01, 2008, 09:57 PM »
Yeah i would have to agree that is pretty sllllllllllllllllooooo oooooooooooowwwwwwwwww www!!!!!! :tipup:

Offline FelixD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • R.I.P. Janurary 16, 2015
« Reply #43 on: Feb 01, 2008, 10:04 PM »
Took my daughter out again 2night.  got 4 in about 3 hrs.  no real size but we had fun!  made the huff to the back bay. endednpulling her on the sled. hopefully 2marrow we will do better!
Politicians and diapers need to be changed for the same reason

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Feb 02, 2008, 07:42 PM »
Hit Loomis tonight from 3:30-6:30. Bite was slow. Caught 6 keeper crappie.

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Feb 02, 2008, 09:19 PM »
I also fished Loomis today, got out at first light. fished till noon. Got 10 crappie 5 gills .NO FLAGS  :'( 
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Offline crappie rob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #46 on: Feb 03, 2008, 10:29 AM »
Where were you fishing? What color were you using? How deep of water were you in? Can I stand in your boots? LMAO

Offline ispoman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #47 on: Feb 03, 2008, 09:58 PM »
Fished under the bridge on the spectacle side. Caught 7 nice 9-1/2 to 10" gills from 9am until 2pm, then back to stone lake

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Feb 04, 2008, 06:04 AM »
What part of the lake are calling Stone? Never heard it referred to like that. Congrats on some good gills off of the Spectacle part. I wondered why I'd never seen guys fish that part.

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Feb 04, 2008, 09:52 AM »
My mistake, I thought I posted for pine/stone in LaPorte. I know that Spectacle is very shallow. Never fished it though.

Offline crappie rob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #50 on: Feb 04, 2008, 10:45 PM »
Better ice on the lake, 8-9", than crappies I caught tonight, 4!!! C-ya. Crappie Rob.

Offline fin-stalker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm watchin you fish!
« Reply #51 on: Feb 05, 2008, 10:25 AM »
Better ice on the lake, 8-9", than crappies I caught tonight, 4!!! C-ya. Crappie Rob.
What do you think of the ice on Loomis for tonight?  I drove past several ponds in my area and they all have water on top of ice.  Was thinkin about heading out tonight just in case it is the last chance!  Was thinkin either loomis or eliza. 
ICE ADDICT!

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Feb 05, 2008, 12:36 PM »
The ice is fine . It isn't going to rot in 2 days. Unless it is only 4-5 inches and we get a lot of rain mixed with 35 mph winds. DON'T WORRY GO GET EM. There will be some standing water on top and maybe some slush. Wear gortex pants and rubber boots. Last nite on Loomis the cove had between 8-10 inches of clear ice. Fishing was very slow. The barometer was way low, I knew it was going to be a lock-jaw bite. When are you going to try the slough next?

Offline h2.0shaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Feb 05, 2008, 04:45 PM »
want to try this in the morning, maybe someone made it out tonight, just want to know if the ice can hold for early 02/06/08 short trip, i called country bait shop and they said guys were still going out, ?

Offline fin-stalker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm watchin you fish!
« Reply #54 on: Feb 05, 2008, 05:02 PM »
The ice is fine . It isn't going to rot in 2 days. Unless it is only 4-5 inches and we get a lot of rain mixed with 35 mph winds. DON'T WORRY GO GET EM. There will be some standing water on top and maybe some slush. Wear gortex pants and rubber boots. Last nite on Loomis the cove had between 8-10 inches of clear ice. Fishing was very slow. The barometer was way low, I knew it was going to be a lock-jaw bite. When are you going to try the slough next?
Couldn't get out.  Had to introduce myself to my wife and kid.  Would like to hit the slough by the end of the week if not the weekend(ice permitting).  How many crappies did you pull in last night?  How deep?
ICE ADDICT!

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Feb 05, 2008, 08:03 PM »
Very slow caught 8 missed that many more . 17 fow in cove 10 inches of ice.

Offline crappie rob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #56 on: Feb 05, 2008, 10:03 PM »
What do you think of the ice on Loomis for tonight?  I drove past several ponds in my area and they all have water on top of ice.  Was thinkin about heading out tonight just in case it is the last chance!  Was thinkin either loomis or eliza. 
Fin-stalker, I was on Eliza tonight, the ice varied from 6-8". Bite was slow. I ran into Purduebass and he had some fish. Just be careful. If it spooks you, don't go out.

Offline fin-stalker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm watchin you fish!
« Reply #57 on: Feb 06, 2008, 01:05 AM »
Thanks Crappie Rob!  It spooks me more not tryin to catch fish!  Have you gotten into any good crappie nights there on eliza?  Has the water cleared up anymore or is it still kinda murky?  Thanks and if you lose your testicle that you bet I'll take it and put it on a tip up.
ICE ADDICT!

Offline ispoman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #58 on: Feb 06, 2008, 02:08 AM »
Porter County ice is no good as of 12 a.m. 02-06-08

Offline crappie rob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #59 on: Feb 06, 2008, 10:18 AM »
Porter County ice is no good as of 12 a.m. 02-06-08
What? I just got back from Loomis. Fished from 6-9 this morning 8" of good ice!! Where were you at?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.