Author Topic: Lake Maxinkuckee  (Read 12166 times)

Offline stephen20

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lake Maxinkuckee
« Reply #30 on: Feb 08, 2016, 07:54 PM »
If you are talking the naifc event, it's Sunday the 13th. Rules and more info are on the naifc website.

Offline first sergeant

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Suck it up and drive on troop
« Reply #31 on: Feb 08, 2016, 08:00 PM »
There will be no definite location until Friday at the earliest when Jack the director gets in town and gets a first hand look.  it will be a walking tournament. 
Prov.27:17 As iron sharpens iron ,so one man sharpens another.

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Feb 08, 2016, 11:43 PM »
I imagine your fishing in the trny Sarge so gl 2u and any other local fishing in it.

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline icerookie5212

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Feb 09, 2016, 08:05 AM »
Good luck to all of you who are fishing the tournament is weekend! I know I'm looking forward to it!   ;D

Offline Bob6504

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Feb 09, 2016, 10:17 AM »
Good luck to you guys fishing the tournament. I almost pulled the trigger. I'm not too familiar with maxi on the ice. I usually just fish the channels early season. I'll be there though.

Offline fasttimeracing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Feb 09, 2016, 10:26 AM »
Im heading out Thursday after a doctor appointment. I will let you guys know whats going on with the ice.

Offline icerookie5212

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Feb 09, 2016, 02:46 PM »
I'm coming from ny! :-D

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Feb 09, 2016, 06:37 PM »
Was supposed to attend but "buddy" backed out so now I'm sol. Maybe next year... 

Offline icerookie5212

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Feb 09, 2016, 07:02 PM »
Maybe you can find someone in here, or go to the free seminar Friday night and see if you can hook up with someone. I'm sure you could find someone..

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Feb 09, 2016, 07:17 PM »
Maybe you can find someone in here, or go to the free seminar Friday night and see if you can hook up with someone. I'm sure you could find someone..
Was thinking that too but it's kind of late however if there is still spots available and someone would like a partner I could be there Saturday.

Offline icerookie5212

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Feb 09, 2016, 10:49 PM »
Go to the seminar Friday night..you can register at the rules meeting Saturday night. There's plenty of spots... Not a lot of teams for this one. It's a great time.. Definitely try to find someone! I'm coming from ny to fish this tournament lol

Offline fishinagain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Feb 10, 2016, 11:18 AM »
Was thinking that too but it's kind of late however if there is still spots available and someone would like a partner I could be there Saturday.
Maybe if you added a location to your profile someone would be more interested on here. Once you are entered in this tournament as a two man team you are automatically berthed into other tournaments.
Pure Michigan

TEAM MITTEN

Offline first sergeant

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Suck it up and drive on troop
« Reply #42 on: Feb 10, 2016, 06:48 PM »
You have to be registered by 6 pm sat  prior to rules meeting start time.
Prov.27:17 As iron sharpens iron ,so one man sharpens another.

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Feb 10, 2016, 07:39 PM »
I don't know how to change my profile to include my location. I am right at the Ohio indiana line in nw Ohio.

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??
« Reply #44 on: Feb 10, 2016, 07:50 PM »
Under the sponsor lists.
Click on "Profile"
Click on "Forum Profile"
Scroll down a little and Add your location

;D

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Feb 10, 2016, 08:12 PM »
Under the sponsor lists.
Click on "Profile"
Click on "Forum Profile"
Scroll down a little and Add your location

;D
got it lol was in the right area just not in forum profile!!! Thanks Hoosier. ;)

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Feb 10, 2016, 09:49 PM »
Looks as if I'm gonna head north and take my frustrations out on the crappie, pig redear, and the gills this weekend as I had been planning before getting the idea to try on here. All is well that ends well. He safe fellas and ladies and may everyone get out and enjoy one last ride!!!

Offline thecrappiekid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Feb 11, 2016, 07:40 PM »
Looking forward to the tournament!  Any updates on the ice?

Offline Barkdaddy34

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Feb 11, 2016, 09:52 PM »
Looking forward to the tournament!  Any updates on the ice?

Me and one other guy fished 200yds out from the launch. 4-5" of ice all the way out there.

Offline Mohawk Scout

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Feb 12, 2016, 08:01 AM »
I lost my partner for this tournament, I have fished 3 tournaments on this lake. Looking for a partner. It will be very cold with blowing snow for prefishing sat. Message me if interested.

Offline northrn-duck-assassin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Feb 12, 2016, 10:50 AM »
I lost my partner for this tournament, I have fished 3 tournaments on this lake. Looking for a partner. It will be very cold with blowing snow for prefishing sat. Message me if interested.

1 man shanty can take care of that cold and blowing snow, real quick!
Got one goin'!

Offline fasttimeracing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Feb 12, 2016, 03:49 PM »
I walk and spuded 3/4 of mile from that  Academy it was ok. I don't wanna say good bc it's only where I walked. We all know that there isn't  such a thing as safe ice. Good luck have and stay safe.

Offline bgriffis17

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #52 on: Feb 12, 2016, 05:04 PM »
Wedsday  there was pockets of open water they are skimed over now spud spud  spud
fishing is hard can I go home now

Offline MarcumPro

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish stories told here!!!! Some true...
« Reply #53 on: Feb 12, 2016, 09:12 PM »
Funny that you guys say spud spud spud! Means you're apparently from the area, I have been fishing maxi the last few days, getting on has been sketchy and yes the whole east side was pretty much open up to Thursday morning and is mostly locked now with snow..... So with that said, I show up to fish today and there are a ton of people in my spot, so I'm thinkin hey they're checking it for the tourney, fish must be in there then I do a double take... Looked like a bunch of people ended up being like 10 guys and each had a 4 wheeler or snow mobile. I talked to a nice gentleman from Wisconsin and told him that their machines were the first ones I've seen all year on ice here, all he asked was ohhhhhh is it not safe? I just saidwell I wouldn't do it and told him about all the open areas I saw two days ago. He was uneasy for sure! Guys goin through the center of the lake which had a big hole in it wed, probably just missed it. Be smart out there and never!!!! Follow cause you don't know if those guys aren't familiar with the area and the weather we have been having, I'm still shocked at what I saw, there was 6 inches there but greatly variable all over the lake.
Mitch

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Feb 12, 2016, 09:22 PM »
That is some crazy stuff right there!!!!

Offline ice_mike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #55 on: Feb 12, 2016, 09:27 PM »
Mike, if I didn't have the flu bug right now I'd partner with you.
Sorry

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #56 on: Feb 12, 2016, 10:04 PM »
Funny that you guys say spud spud spud! Means you're apparently from the area, I have been fishing maxi the last few days, getting on has been sketchy and yes the whole east side was pretty much open up to Thursday morning and is mostly locked now with snow..... So with that said, I show up to fish today and there are a ton of people in my spot, so I'm thinkin hey they're checking it for the tourney, fish must be in there then I do a double take... Looked like a bunch of people ended up being like 10 guys and each had a 4 wheeler or snow mobile. I talked to a nice gentleman from Wisconsin and told him that their machines were the first ones I've seen all year on ice here, all he asked was ohhhhhh is it not safe? I just saidwell I wouldn't do it and told him about all the open areas I saw two days ago. He was uneasy for sure! Guys goin through the center of the lake which had a big hole in it wed, probably just missed it. Be smart out there and never!!!! Follow cause you don't know if those guys aren't familiar with the area and the weather we have been having, I'm still shocked at what I saw, there was 6 inches there but greatly variable all over the lake.

Wow...not very smart, but not surpring for those coming from places where they are used to driving trucks on the ice nearly every year.  They probably never have to worry about it in Wisconsin and Minnesota.

Offline northrn-duck-assassin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Feb 12, 2016, 11:28 PM »
Wow...not very smart, but not surpring for those coming from places where they are used to driving trucks on the ice nearly every year.  They probably never have to worry about it in Wisconsin and Minnesota.
quads trucks and permanent shacks go through every year up there. there a special recovery teams across the north end of the ice belt. i know guys that run quads through 30 yards of water to get up on the ice, come the end of ice out. they have gone and bought argos and such to prolong their ice season an extra 2-3 weeks.
Got one goin'!

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Feb 12, 2016, 11:37 PM »
........... Looked like a bunch of people ended up being like 10 guys and each had a 4 wheeler or snow mobile. I talked to a nice gentleman from Wisconsin and told him that their machines were the first ones I've seen all year on ice here, all he asked was ohhhhhh is it not safe? I just saidwell I wouldn't do it and told him about all the open areas I saw two days ago. He was uneasy for sure! Guys goin through the center of the lake which had a big hole in it wed, probably just missed it. Be smart out there and never!!!! Follow cause you don't know if those guys aren't familiar with the area and the weather we have been having, I'm still shocked at what I saw, there was 6 inches there but greatly variable all over the lake.

Even thought the DNR says 5" is good enough for a ATV or snowmobile, I would need at least 8-10 of solid ice before I would. I guess those folks in the northern states are used to going on thinner ice with their traveling equipment. I don't have either so what do they weigh, 400-500 lbs? Got this from the Mich. DNR site

2" or less - STAY OFF
4" - Ice fishing or other activities on foot
5" - Snowmobile or ATV
8" - 12" - Car or small pickup
12" - 15" - Medium truck

GL to all Indiana teams Sunday

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline bgriffis17

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #59 on: Feb 13, 2016, 09:19 AM »
    THANKS MITCH I think you maybe one of the few that really gets it, we have been very lucky the lake hasn't taken someone this year, and I pray it doesn't  GRIFF
fishing is hard can I go home now

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.