The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: 8th Anual Bartons Cove Gathering Feb. 1st  (Read 13713 times)

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
Re: 8th Anual Bartons Cove Gathering Feb. 1st
« Reply #30 on: Jan 13, 2014, 06:54 AM »
I will see if I can make it this year I would live to meet all you guys!

Would be nice to meet you as well.  And the offer stands, if you show up, we will fill out the rest of your tipup set. :tipup:

"I will never stop targeting trophies, every skunk is one skunk closer to a giant "  RC

"We're going to sit around the shanty mama...."  Johnathan Edwards

"If you are going out there to figure it all out by yourself, well, ice has a
 learning curve second only to fire. I wish you the best of luck."    Looneyducer

Offline flaggs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Old School!
« Reply #31 on: Jan 13, 2014, 06:59 AM »

Gotta get out to the dark side at some point this year!  I keep you post Cap'n...

Flaggs!
IceShanty.Com: "The best place to go ice fishing, when you can't go ice fishing!"   A Flaggs Orginal

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #32 on: Jan 17, 2014, 08:56 AM »
Gotta get out to the dark side at some point this year!  I keep you post Cap'n...

Flaggs!

That place is due to give up a good fish for you Flaggs.  Hope you can make it out.  Coming up in a couple of weeks!

"I will never stop targeting trophies, every skunk is one skunk closer to a giant "  RC

learning curve second only to fire. I wish you the best of luck."    Looneyducer

Offline Jschumacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats walking on water. Life Member NAFC
« Reply #33 on: Jan 17, 2014, 12:53 PM »

Flaggs!
Roger use it as a warm up for the trip North to the big lake a few weeks after that. I'll be at both. Goin to be at Champlain the same weekend as your crew. Plan on fishing with you guys at least 1 of the days. I'll be at Holiday Harbors
Hard water Tight lines Flags up. Doesn't get any better than that

Member of the G.O.D.S

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #34 on: Jan 22, 2014, 02:07 PM »
Roger use it as a warm up for the trip North to the big lake a few weeks after that. I'll be at both. Goin to be at Champlain the same weekend as your crew. Plan on fishing with you guys at least 1 of the days. I'll be at Holiday Harbors

I'd love to be able to join in in one of those Champlain trips but having to be available for snow removal, I can't plan on out of town trips.  Some day hopefully.  The Cove should be a good warm up for you guys..

10 days away, hope folks are making plans to come.

Offline Roncarr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it swims I will JIG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #35 on: Jan 22, 2014, 04:04 PM »
I'm In

If I dont show up you can give me the ritual call Ron S#(%$  >:D
no flag just a perch doin a drive by 

Offline BobP

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #36 on: Jan 22, 2014, 04:30 PM »
I'm considering going, but it's such a long haul from the cape.  Is there reasonable lodging near there?  Is the French King open? Suggestions.

Offline Jschumacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Jan 22, 2014, 05:05 PM »
I'm considering going, but it's such a long haul from the cape.  Is there reasonable lodging near there?  Is the French King open? Suggestions.
Couple places you could stay. The french King being 1 if its still open. I think there is a place or 2 in Greenfield also right down the road a few miles.

Member of the G.O.D.S

Offline Damn Yankee

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #38 on: Jan 24, 2014, 07:01 PM »
Add my name to the list.  DAMN YANKEE
I'm sure I can add something to the prize table.
Leave Some For Seed

Offline bigbry068

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Jan 24, 2014, 08:42 PM »
I stayed at the French King Motel about about 4 or 5 years ago , NEVER again, , maybe it has gotten better but..... The mold in the bathroom was horrendous, but I looked past that , then I pulled my bedding down climbed in, felt something , there were dirty napkins in my bed.  :%$#!: and they weren't mine. I suggest staying in Greenfield, only minutes away and there is everything down there.
youngest  G.O.D.S. member (grumpy old dudes)

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #40 on: Jan 25, 2014, 07:04 AM »
Quote from: BobP on Jan 22, 2014, 05:30 PM
    I'm considering going, but it's such a long haul from the cape.  Is there reasonable lodging near there?  Is the French King open? Suggestions

I don't think the French king is still standing but if it is, well, your read Mediumsizedbry's review  ;)  The Quality Inn in Greenfield is reasonable and only about ten minutes from the cove.  It is a real pretty area and I could recommend a morning fish the next day for you before heading back if you wanted.

Glad you can make it Damn Yankee and thank you for bringing up the raffle.

I would like to remind every one about the raffle.  The way it works is every one tries to bring a prize (but every one is in whether you are able to bring one or not).  A prize can be anything an icefisher might be able to use.  Do you own six scoops and someone gave you another for x-mass?  Buy a gross of jigs on an E-bay auction by so far have only used three? A birthday pint of scotch and your a whiskey drinker?  It's all good!  The raffle and group picture will be at 11:30 and I would ask every one to please come in for just a few minutes so we can snap a couple of photos and hold the raffle.  We will get you right back to your tip ups.

Looking forward to next Sat.

Offline FishingNewEngland

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fishing New England
« Reply #41 on: Jan 27, 2014, 06:00 AM »
John, the table prizes. Ice fishing related only or fishing related in general?

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #42 on: Jan 27, 2014, 10:42 AM »
John, the table prizes. Ice fishing related only or fishing related in general?

Any thing at all a fisherperson could use.  It is all in good fun and a reason to get every one together for a quick meet up and a group photo.

Six days out and the long range forecast is looking good!  they are calling for upper 30's and only 5 mph wind.  We have a few days to go but that sounds great to me!

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #43 on: Jan 28, 2014, 05:21 AM »
Every one seems to be having Walleye fever.  Well here is your chance to have a go at one yourself.  This healthy 'Eye was landed by one of last years participants!:

Right now they are calling for 36 degrees and low wind.  Hope to see many of you there.

Offline GrizlyGarou

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Jan 28, 2014, 06:17 AM »

Right now they are calling for 36 degrees and low wind.  Hope to see many of you there.

That's almost tshirt weather right there! I thought Barton's Cove had it's own personal polar vortex?!

"One hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in or the kind of car I drove, but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child."  Anonymous

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #45 on: Jan 28, 2014, 01:01 PM »
That's almost tshirt weather right there! I thought Barton's Cove had it's own personal polar vortex?!

:laugh: The wind does seem to like to blow there on the first Sat. of Feb.

Can we plan on seeing you guys Sat.?

Offline MoreTroutPls

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Jan 28, 2014, 02:23 PM »
:laugh: The wind does seem to like to blow there on the first Sat. of Feb.

Can we plan on seeing you guys Sat.?

Yes, we will be there. 
Everyone has to believe in something.  I believe I'll go fishing.
Member of the G.O.D.S

Offline pickled herring

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Jan 28, 2014, 05:33 PM »
Don't think I'm gonna  make it. Looks like a little snow/mix on Sat afternoon into Sunday. I'll be working. The bad side of working at an airport, a dusting is cause for me to be there...Have fun . Jim

Offline budski

• IceShanty Rookie
  • thumbersault
« Reply #48 on: Jan 28, 2014, 05:37 PM »
count me in 
flags all day

Offline Damn Yankee

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #49 on: Jan 28, 2014, 07:14 PM »
I will be adding to the raffle an (OLD) Strikemaster Electra Model 208 7" Lazer 12 Volt electric auger.
It requires a 12 volt battery. Car, Quad or Deep Cycle.
The unit can be test run there if someone brings electricity. The unit does need cleaning and is quite noisy but does run well.

Leave Some For Seed

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #50 on: Jan 28, 2014, 07:35 PM »

Yes, we will be there.

You guys are due I think.  If I remember you both have gotten pike there before (a first?) but it has been a couple years.  Time to show us how the father and son get  her done!   ;D

Don't think I'm gonna  make it. Looks like a little snow/mix on Sat afternoon into Sunday. I'll be working. The bad side of working at an airport, a dusting is cause for me to be there...Have fun . Jim

Some times ya' gotta go make the ching. I'm eyeing that weather.  Right now it looks like any percipitation will be later in the day and it should be above freezing so that's nice.  I can't remember the last time I fished when it was above freezing >:(

count me in

Great to have you aboard! 

I will be adding to the raffle an (OLD) Strikemaster Electra Model 208 7" Lazer 12 Volt electric auger.
It requires a 12 volt battery. Car, Quad or Deep Cycle. The 7" auger has real, made in Sweden blades.
The unit can be test run there if someone brings electricity. The unit does need cleaning and is quite noisy but does run well.

Sweeeeeeeet! I know a lot of guys who run quads who would absolutely love that thing! 7" is a great size.   Thanks Yankee.

That reminds me, I need to rummage through the gear room and decide on something for the table myself.

Offline FishingNewEngland

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fishing New England
« Reply #51 on: Jan 29, 2014, 06:51 AM »
Well, because of the Sportsman Show the following weekend, my daughters birthday party has been moved to Saturdy.  :(

If anyone from my side of the state is going, I'd still like to add my prizes to the raffle table. Can someone PM me to arrange a pick up before Saturday?

Offline flaggs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Old School!
« Reply #52 on: Jan 29, 2014, 07:40 AM »

Ok Coconuts! This is going to be a showdown between Flaggs and his Nemesis..  >:D  The Dark side! :%$#!:
I have yet to get ANY wiggle out of a hole at Fartons Cove.  ;)2 My last attempt I withstood gale force winds and was
shut down, defeated, disgusted, and suicidal.  :cookoo: That was 5 years ago? I am facing my bartonfobia head on  as recommended by
pseudo  ;)  Captain Shay!

See you all there... Remember, this is where it all started! The original Coconut TREE!
I am sure we will be adding a bunch of new coconuts to the Grove on Saturday! Many of you, I have not had the
dubious honor and pleasure to fish with so... I am excited about that!  I smell a Flaggs Steak Bomb!

Flaggs!

See you all there! 

Missing from below, UnoMan who was there but left before the pic was taken...

IceShanty.Com: "The best place to go ice fishing, when you can't go ice fishing!"   A Flaggs Orginal

Offline Jschumacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Jan 29, 2014, 08:02 AM »
Yoo Roger great news been a while since we last fished the Ditch this summer See you there

Schu

Member of the G.O.D.S

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #54 on: Jan 29, 2014, 12:11 PM »
That is awesome to hear Roger!  Thanks for posting the old photo's.  Dang was I FAT! 

Brought back some great memories!  Hopefully we'll be making some more this weekend.  That place owes you one my man.  :tipup:

Offline flaggs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Old School!
« Reply #55 on: Jan 29, 2014, 03:20 PM »
That is awesome to hear Roger!  Thanks for posting the old photo's.  Dang was I FAT! 

Brought back some great memories!  Hopefully we'll be making some more this weekend.  That place owes you one my man.  :tipup:
right on Cap!  see ya there!!  Looking forward to seeing you Pal!  The way it goes... anything that wiggles out of the whole that's not my bait including fish, bird, turtle, duck, snake, crockodile... I don't care....I WIN!
hahahahahaha!   ;D ;D

Flaggs!

Offline ebour

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • youth weekend warrior
« Reply #56 on: Jan 29, 2014, 03:44 PM »
I might be able to make it.
I like fishing. No point trying to argue.

Offline Jschumacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Jan 29, 2014, 06:19 PM »
I might be able to make it.
Hope ya can make it Ethan. I'd like to meet you and fish with ya.

Member of the G.O.D.S

Offline lenz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 'Ice Only' Fisherman
« Reply #58 on: Jan 29, 2014, 06:47 PM »
burp...
Member of G.O.D.S

One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Jan 29, 2014, 06:58 PM »
right on Cap!  see ya there!!  Looking forward to seeing you Pal!  The way it goes... anything that wiggles out of the whole that's not my bait including fish, bird, turtle, duck, snake, crockodile... I don't care....I WIN!
hahahahahaha!   ;D ;D

Flaggs!

A ghost from the past may appear.....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.