New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: help on covid rules  (Read 5082 times)

Offline EDaniels

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: help on covid rules
« Reply #30 on: Jan 13, 2021, 01:36 PM »
Go fishing and have a good time. Don't worry about what other people say with their high and mighty savior of humanity bs bully you. If they follow the protocols then they have nothing to worry about anyways, so we're told especially if they are wearing their folded in half t-shirt mask that probably hasn't been washed since who knows when they should be fine.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #31 on: Jan 13, 2021, 02:09 PM »
im just here for the generalizations..and cool ranch doritos

CT news posted an article today...flu is down due to covid measures but the state is spiking in covid infections...so you mean to say social distancing, mask, et all stops the flu but not covid.  The contradiction is profoundly evident yet some folk (evident here) continue to let the wool cover their eyes.  Poor souls.  I wonder what a life of trusting words on the internet and TV is like.  Evidently it's miserable...

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Jan 13, 2021, 02:15 PM »
I drove to new york, passed through new hampshire and vermont. got out of my car once, to fish. never got within 10' of anyone else...safer then going to the local grocery for milk and eggs

That is grocery shopping  ;)

Offline Iceman1899

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 13, 2021, 03:25 PM »
And I don’t know why all the sudden we’re attacking dale jr fans now. He may have never been the race car driver his old man was but that’s no reason to trash his fans lol

Offline FingerLaker607

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Jan 13, 2021, 05:11 PM »
I just get t a whole lot stupider reading  this thread...Ima jus gonna go lower my civic while drinking a mountain dew in my Dale jr. Pjs whilst drinking several mountain dews. It is shocking to know that we lead the world in covid deaths....shocking I tell ya

Offline dave_p.

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #35 on: Jan 13, 2021, 05:34 PM »
Just go fish it was all for political and economic reasons. Masks and lockdowns didn`t work according to everyone, and one day later they did! There are zero studies saying lockdowns or masks work. Been 21 studies on masks since 1975. Ten this year. Every single one say no evidence they work. Some say they may actually harm you! Most recent - copenhagen university mask study. Go on duckduckgo and search it. Lockdowns same. Been counties, states, and countries with no lockdowns or mask mandates. The death graphs are exactly the same for all of them. A big U, march high coming down, flat summer, big rise now. The swab test is highly inaccuracte. Even idiot Fauci said that. WHO, CDC also saying it. Inventor Kerry Mullis of the swab test said it was not to be used for diagnostic testing. He also said Fauci knows nothing about medicine and is an administrator. The flu is down over 90%, heart disease is down, pneumonia is down. The survival rate is over 99%. It's been blown way out of proportion.

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #36 on: Jan 13, 2021, 06:05 PM »
hahaha - Thats hardly true .... some of the smartest people I know never went to college..... GO LAMAR AND THE RAVENS !!!!!  :-)
Finally someone did it. Screw covid. And beat them Ravens. GO BILLS !!! Lol

To everyone else. Go fishing. Deal with covid in your own way.
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Jan 13, 2021, 06:19 PM »
Finally someone did it. Screw covid. And beat them Ravens. GO BILLS !!! Lol

To everyone else. Go fishing. Deal with covid in your own way.

Oh great the peanut gallery showed up. I'll get my popcorn ready now
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline Otto

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hunt the Best, Hunt a Brittany! RIP Otto
« Reply #38 on: Jan 13, 2021, 06:39 PM »

I quote Cuomo in his press conference on Monday “You can take the people out of the 315, but you can’t take the 315 out of the people. If the 315 has support for Dale Jr., nothing will stand in the way of progress, except maybe a sale at Dollar General or Tractor Supply.” End Quote.

Hope this clears up any COVID help on rules.

Do not like Cuomo at all, but I can’t find when or where he said that.  Link?

Offline Otto

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hunt the Best, Hunt a Brittany! RIP Otto
« Reply #39 on: Jan 13, 2021, 06:55 PM »
You didn’t provide a source or link.  I live in 315, if he said that it would be front page news on Syracuse.com

So, again, do you have a link to the press conference or any reporting of it?

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Jan 13, 2021, 07:11 PM »
Thanks everyone, didnt mean to turn this political. We are just going to go and thats that. We stay at a hotel with a kitchen and will bring our own food and not go out other than to fish.I was just worried about the out of state plates. Thanks again
A bad day of ice fishing is better than any day at work!
http://i.imgur.com/dIEANML.jpg?1

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Jan 13, 2021, 07:13 PM »
Thanks everyone, didnt mean to turn this political. We are just going to go and thats that. We stay at a hotel with a kitchen and will bring our own food and not go out other than to fish.I was just worried about the out of state plates. Thanks again

Hope you get after em, tight lines!

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Jan 13, 2021, 07:30 PM »

Good luck and let us know how ya do.
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #43 on: Jan 13, 2021, 09:49 PM »

Good luck.  Let me know how you make out.  Just don't speed and the troopers will leave you alone.

Offline Adkrs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Jan 13, 2021, 11:16 PM »
This is true, people are ruining the fun for everyone else because they think the rules don’t apply to them. Maybe visit the cdc website or the state website and do some research, the answers you get here won’t always be from the brightest individuals as evidenced by that response.

The same cdc that's published content stating that masks have no effect on the spread? The same cdc that stated they wont be tracking flu data this year?  Funny how that works. Yeah. Keep listening to them.

If you're an at risk party you shouldn't be out on the ice to begin with. Otherwise use common sense and basic personal hygiene and you'll be fine. Also Iowa is right. Don't speed with out of state plates.
Beer will get you through times of no ice better than ice will get you through times of no beer...

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #45 on: Jan 14, 2021, 12:00 AM »
 The CDC stance on wearing masks changed last April and that hasn’t changed 😉

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #46 on: Jan 14, 2021, 02:53 AM »
It is actually important to keep up traditions that are safe. What is better than enjoying something you love during these times. Gargle with bourbon......It keeps the Covid away! Lol Have fun and be safe.

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #47 on: Jan 14, 2021, 03:33 AM »
Cuomo “We’re looking into making the 315 a separate part of the state and taxing them more. Not just because they’re from the 315, but because they need to be taught a lesson.” End quote
You friend. Need help.
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.