Author Topic: Most favorite jigs for panfish  (Read 7016 times)

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Most favorite jigs for panfish
« Reply #60 on: Sep 01, 2015, 02:32 PM »
Rarely use a tip-up while panfishing. 1 working the water column with the MarCum and 1 or 2 deadsticking on or near the bottom for the belly scratchers

Offline Thearcher1340

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Sep 01, 2015, 06:13 PM »
I like to get right to jigging, set momma up first then start hole hopping. The boy likes to set them after the bass he caught.  So I don't think I'll be chasing many flags, maybe just to take pics.  Did buy an LX5 last year really want to Lear n the full benefit of it this year, play with it more.  Again it was confiscated by the kid as he was off checking holes.lol. I told him he better save to get his own this year.

Offline Thearcher1340

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Sep 01, 2015, 07:37 PM »
Was looking at my CJS catalog and noticed these Dropper chain hooks, never used them.  Thinking there more for walleye fishing when there hitting short, anybody use these and give me a lesson on there use

Offline Mncrappie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Sep 01, 2015, 08:17 PM »
I like to get right to jigging, set momma up first then start hole hopping. The boy likes to set them after the bass he caught.  So I don't think I'll be chasing many flags, maybe just to take pics.  Did buy an LX5 last year really want to Lear n the full benefit of it this year, play with it more.  Again it was confiscated by the kid as he was off checking holes.lol. I told him he better save to get his own this year.

buy him a vx1 or fl8 for christmas ;)
Just a teen who loves the outdoors

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #64 on: Sep 01, 2015, 08:19 PM »
I had dropper chain/rig on spoons Hali comes to mind ..but with a plain treble hook as opposed to the epoxy "eye" on the CJ&S model . Mostly a perch rig/use

from the product description

Replace the treble hook of your favorite Custom jigs & Spins Jigging spoons and you can create your own custom dropper rigs. You can put the Pro Finesse Dropper Chain Hooks on all the sizes of Slender Spoons, Demon Jigging Spoons, Stingers and VertiGlow Tackle Lightnin’ Spoons. Popular bait choices include waxworms, spikes, perch eyes and minnow heads

Will change the action of some lures

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline JimFly

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Sep 02, 2015, 02:58 PM »
I've always liked using the 1/32 Foxee Jig ...... until it was discontinued. I would buy them on Ebay when ever they showed up. Out of frustration I went ahead and had a company CNC a mold for me along with the jig head. I've been making quite a few with some great color combinations.

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Sep 03, 2015, 07:59 AM »
jimfly, a buddy of mine gave me a few of them in white a few years back. I don't recall the weight but they are a pretty good size and the perch love them. What do you use for the rubber body?

Offline Thearcher1340

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Sep 03, 2015, 05:35 PM »
Spider I never used them.  I thought they were using them on spoons.  I might pick up one or two to try on a spoon.  Been busy working non stop, doing a siding job for a friend.  The heat is putting a beating on me.  Once I get some time I'm going to start picking stuff up that I need. Like I said it's been 20 years so I need a bunch.  Going to try pick up some descent rods first, still undecided on reels.  Wondering if the inclines are an advantage or not.  Then start looking at jigs to order. I value all ur guys input been a big help in the right direction.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #68 on: Sep 03, 2015, 06:20 PM »
don't forget to get these while they are on sale
bentleyfishing
1.50 each
BENTLEY STINGERS MARMOOSHA JIGS
BENTLEY BUGZ MARMOOSHA JIGS
get all 3 sizes

Offline fish-kabob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #69 on: Sep 03, 2015, 11:58 PM »
i have had luck with different jigs my favorites are made for k&E bass stopper lures.. the plastics I use are from fish usa under the title of custom jigs and spins wedgee tails I like the reg glow green color my self.. any how a lot of the K&E stuff is good I liked the size 14 lead stuff  on out lake cause adding either a soft plastic tail or a spike would deter the  smaller gills for some reason the bigger gills liked the 14's too any how get some cheap jig if just starting out and maybe the book ice fishing secrets by in-fishermen can be found on the in-fishermen web site if need be a lot of info on jigs in that book like what's for what and how to select colors they wrote the book on ice fishing and literally did wright a book about it...  any ways welcome back to the sport...

Offline Thearcher1340

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #70 on: Sep 05, 2015, 05:29 PM »
Well fish-kabob appreciate the input.   And it's great being back, can't wait to get a full season under my belt again.  Didn't realize how much has changed, we just had tear drops, and then they came out with a banana jig that was awesome.  This jig out fished everything else we had back then, sat horizontal in the water.been busy helping a friend doing siding on his house, heats been. Brutal. Yet all I got on my mind is ice fishing, think I got the bug lol.

Offline Thearcher1340

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Sep 13, 2015, 06:50 PM »
Hey guys just placed an order on some jigs fromCJS.Tried to order from Bentley jigs, but kept having a problem.  Looking to order some plastics, was wondering on color choices.  You guys have any go to colors?

Offline fish-kabob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #72 on: Sep 13, 2015, 07:32 PM »
Hey guys just placed an order on some jigs fromCJS.Tried to order from Bentley jigs, but kept having a problem.  Looking to order some plastics, was wondering on color choices.  You guys have any go to colors?

glo green wedge tails ..

Offline Thearcher1340

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #73 on: Sep 14, 2015, 07:08 PM »
Where you get the wedge tails from?

Offline Thearcher1340

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Sep 14, 2015, 07:11 PM »
Found them was looking for them on Knob plastics, thanks

Offline fish-kabob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Sep 15, 2015, 04:18 PM »
Where you get the wedge tails from?

custom jigs and spin has the same thing in a wedge tail thick based fine tip of the wedge tail really attracts them in when jigged a lot... 

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #76 on: Sep 15, 2015, 04:51 PM »
Cathy Jigs!

Rg
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.