The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Gull Lake Fishery 2018/2019  (Read 10966 times)

Offline Fish Killa

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish on!
Re: Gull Lake Fishery 2018/2019
« Reply #30 on: Feb 11, 2020, 01:23 PM »
How big were the steelhead from the 2017/2018 stock? For what ever reason I thought 2019/2020 summers would be the best to try for them.  Didn't have a chance in 2019, but I plan on washing some lures a couple times this summer. Thanks again for the data.

https://www2.dnr.state.mi.us/fishstock/ This will tell you everything you would want to know and then some. Just remember you need to look up both Kalamazoo and Barry counties for all of Gull Lake info.
I'm not as good as I once was but I am good once as I ever was.

Offline steely456

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Feb 11, 2020, 08:17 PM »
Fish Killa thank you. The two county thing is where I was screwing up when I was looking and why I finally just asked. Makes sense now, but now I need to go research steelhead growth rates.  It makes sense to me that the steelhead should be decent size by now and hopefully some people can catch a few. If they are a true steelhead stock then I would assume some techniques will differ a little fishing for them instead of the regular rainbows people are used to.  Time will tell!
It's easier to catch fish when your not on the computer

Offline Dianam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Feb 18, 2020, 03:46 PM »
The fish we stocked were around 5 inches and considered age-1.  We don't have a lot of data for Steelhead growth in lakes.  Our average statewide growth for rainbow trout in inland lakes would put fish at 11.2 inches in spring for age-2 and 13.5 in fall and 14.3' in spring for age 3 and 16.5 in fall.  I would be very interested to hear if you or anyone gets into them this summer.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.