Author Topic: Nils Cold Snap Cover!  (Read 1591 times)

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "EVERYDAY IS A HOLIDAY"
Nils Cold Snap Cover!
« on: Dec 04, 2013, 08:59 PM »
Just got a email from Doug at Cold snap covers. They now offer a cover for the Nils 8". It works for std and power point blades. I know I'm ordering one. The cover that comes with the auger stinks.
Matt

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Nils Cold Snap Cover!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2013, 09:20 PM »
I love mine got one a few months ago, blue looks sweet on it....

Offline Chris Raymond

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lifelong Outdoorsman
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2013, 08:20 AM »
I picked one up last year for my 8" (powered and power point) and they're the cat's meow.  Nils ought to buy these as their standard OEM cover and include them with every auger.  FWIW, the OEM cover that I have on my 6" Nils (manual and non-power point) works great though. 
Chris Raymond

Fishmon

« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2013, 07:54 AM »
Just ordered the 8" cover for my Nils. :)  The Nils original cover doesn't fit very good and keeps popping off especially when I travel on ATV.  The Nils blades are so sharp that I worried about someone getting cut including yours truly.  The original cover is tricky to get on correctly and a friend of mine sliced his glove trying to put it on.  Luckily, he did not cut himself.  I saw one of the cold snap covers and was sold on it.  Nils should replace their covers which are like putting retread tires on a high performance sports car with these. 

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2013, 09:51 AM »
Nils has one piece of lousey equipment, the stock blade cover. I bought ColdSnaps for my two Nils blades, they are indeed awesome. As important as how well they stay on, the fact your fingers never get near that razor-sharp blade. Nothing worse than a DOH! moment a couple miles out on the ice. ::)

Offline frostbittin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 06, 2013, 04:35 PM »
Strikemaster lazer blade covers are a perfect fit for nils blades, i found that out last winter when i set out to find an option beside the crap that nils provides. Kind of funny really, best auger made that comes with ridiculous junk to protect your investment....

Offline hamms

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 07, 2013, 11:18 AM »
I love the nils but I still am on the fence about the cover on my 6". it protects blades well but you are still getting finger close to the blades. Like how it raps them though. Far better then the pos 8" cover I had on my first Nils.
Fishin red lines

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 07, 2013, 11:58 AM »
Strikemaster lazer blade covers are a perfect fit for nils blades, i found that out last winter when i set out to find an option beside the crap that nils provides. Kind of funny really, best auger made that comes with ridiculous junk to protect your investment....

I agree that the strikemaster cover fits much better than the nils cover, I've used one for the last two seasons. The coldsnap cover is awesome, it's by far the best available right now.

Offline rouser

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 07, 2013, 07:16 PM »
I liked the first Coldsnap cover for my Nils so much that I bought a 2nd for my spare cutting head. As mentioned before... a huge improvement on the factory POS cover.

Offline fishinjim

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Quit Wishin, Go Fishin
« Reply #9 on: Dec 07, 2013, 09:29 PM »
Sure wish they would make a cover for the 6in. Mine broke a little after a year.
http://www.shad-rapp.com/Ice%20Fish%20Baby.mp3 
Past President Okauchee Fishing Club

Offline hamms

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 08, 2013, 05:17 PM »
Does the 6" lazer cover work for the 6" Nils?
Fishin red lines

Offline frostbittin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #11 on: Dec 08, 2013, 05:47 PM »
Yes, it fits the 6" nils like it was made for it. Buy it, seriously.

Offline hamms

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Dec 08, 2013, 08:34 PM »
Thank you sir!
Fishin red lines

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.