Author Topic: Who is venturing out this weekend?  (Read 3277 times)

Offline Reginald Bonz III

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG UP!!!
Who is venturing out this weekend?
« on: Jan 19, 2022, 09:34 AM »
Just seeing if all you hardwater fans are gonna hit it this weekend?  Not much chatter as of late...but the ice is out there if you care to find it.  Heck... tell us where your going and maybe we will meet up. Tight Lines to All
Keep those holes clean and smooth

Offline _Icecold_

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Who is venturing out this weekend?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2022, 11:46 AM »
I'm planning on being out both Saturday and Sunday. Might even try get out tomorrow afternoon. Not sure where yet. The small pond I fished this past Sunday had 4"+ as of yesterday afternoon. Not sure how the ice is in the rest of the state but might take a drive and find out. Keep us updated  :tipup:

Offline fredjiggy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2022, 03:18 PM »
I am planning to go this weekend. Drove past Watermans yesterday. It has a ways to go. Many open spots. Got out this past weekend in southern NH. On 5 to 8 inches. 1 crappie, 3 lmb, and 5 perch.  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline _Icecold_

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2022, 04:49 PM »
For what its worth, checked a couple spots in northern RI today. Ice is still there but could tell it was getting a little soft. Should be good for the weekend once the cold sets in tomorrow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG UP!!!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2022, 04:38 AM »
Took the day off to fish a body of water that I have not fished in more than 20 years. I am bringing the Vexilar out for its maiden voyage. I will report later this afternoon.

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG UP!!!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2022, 05:02 AM »
Heading out again this morning to a different body of water than yesterday. Finished up yesterday with 3 bass.  Had a couple of hit and runs also. The other guys I fished with had a bunch of perch and a couple of bass.  The wind should be a little less annoying today and the temp should be a couple degrees warmer.

Offline RIMainuh

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cold nuf for ya?
« Reply #6 on: Jan 28, 2022, 09:26 AM »
Wish I could... I haven't been on the threads as I'm on the bench with Foot Surgery. Can't get my foot in a shoe for at least another week. Will miss most of all the season it looks like.
Chepachet....The Alaska of Rhode Island

Offline _Icecold_

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 31, 2022, 07:59 PM »
Crickets. Anyone been fishing? Haven't been out since the day before the storm but fished most of last week. Gunna take a look tomorrow to see how bad the snow on the ice is. Hopefully the wind blew some of it off. Theres been plenty of ice everywhere I've fished the last couple weeks. Be safe and check as you go.

Offline RIMainuh

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cold nuf for ya?
« Reply #8 on: Feb 01, 2022, 09:54 AM »
Still on bench but checking in ...Yeah this site is really quiet this season. Figured once the ice set we would see some traffic. Where are you guys?  ;D

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG UP!!!
« Reply #9 on: Feb 01, 2022, 11:41 AM »
Fished Wilsons last Friday.  7 perch 5 pickerel.  Jigged up 5 of the perch got the other 2 on flags.  12 inches of ice all day.  Should be more by this Friday.  Plan on fishing this Friday also...just not sure where.

Offline Classyjeff

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 01, 2022, 02:51 PM »
I plan on fishing echo lake tomm feb 2nd. Its been a few years since ive been on it. Has anyone been out there in last couple days. How thick is the ice? Just wondering If im gonna need to bring the auger or just the chipper 

Offline _Icecold_

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Feb 01, 2022, 07:16 PM »
Well I made it out this afternoon, more to just check what the conditions are like after the storm. Went to a smaller pond and there was 6"-12" of snow ontop of 7"-8" of ice. Every hole i would pop would have water pour up through the ice to make 2"+ of water on the ice. Definitely a lot more of a pain than last week.

As for echo lake- I have not been there this year but most places in North/ NW RI have had 8"-10"+ of ice so I would say your auger would probably be best. That being said I don't know the conditions there so if you go please check as you go especially with the snow cover.

Offline RIMainuh

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cold nuf for ya?
« Reply #12 on: Feb 02, 2022, 11:37 AM »
My foot fit into my Ice Fishing boot without pain, SO.......If I can sneak it by the wife, I may try to go up the lake. (My neighbor put me on a hot tip on a deep hole that was previously unlocated.) it should put me in 8 ft. of water even though Bowdish got aggressively drained. I'll fish here through the ice until I hook one. I mean it's not like the fish all fly to Boca for the winter. My wife had no issues with my foot going in the boot to shovel and snow blow Saturday / Sunday so I'm using that as my hole card to get out this weekend.   

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG UP!!!
« Reply #13 on: Feb 04, 2022, 05:48 AM »
Planning on fishing Sunday...The ice is going to be amess today and probably Saturday also.  I think everything will lock back up by Sunday with minimal slushy mess.  Fingers crossed... :-\

Offline RIMainuh

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cold nuf for ya?
« Reply #14 on: Feb 04, 2022, 08:24 AM »
I'm so bored I need to get out on Sunday. Agree with the lock up won't be complete by Sat. I have a buddy with a dozen shiners, long in the tooth that he won't use. I will poach those and make a limp up the lake to at least get out of the house. So bored I can't even tell you...

Offline RIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • the tank!!!
« Reply #15 on: Feb 04, 2022, 09:51 AM »
I’m going hopefully tomorrow and Sunday
How are the edges ?

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 04, 2022, 09:56 AM »
12-16 inches fresh snow here i might need to find my snowshoes.

Offline _Icecold_

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Feb 04, 2022, 12:32 PM »
Might try tomorrow afternoon but if not, definitely sunday. The good thing is the ice should be much easier to walk on this weekend after the snow melted. Everything I drove by this morning looks like a mess but the ice is still there

Offline StriperSlayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Feb 04, 2022, 01:24 PM »
Looking at the road conditions for tomorrow not sure. Place I'd likely fish is 40 mins away

Offline RIMainuh

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cold nuf for ya?
« Reply #19 on: Feb 05, 2022, 01:18 PM »
NW Ice update - as of 2 pm Saturday - Bowdish has a layer of "safe" ice then a layer of about 3-4 inches of unfrozen water, then a skim of about 1 inch of new refreeze ice on top. Could not get out far enough to sink an auger as I kept breaking through the top layer of skim.  I suspect if the temps hold below freezing today and over night there might be enough to get solid but I'm going to guess with out temps getting in to single digits overnight that 3-4 inch layer of water will still not be frozen by tomorrow. I'll check tomorrow a/m. and update. Sketchy at best in my opinion...

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG UP!!!
« Reply #20 on: Feb 06, 2022, 04:33 AM »
Heading over to Echo Lake this morning...I will post report on the day. Tight lines to all.

Offline RIMainuh

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cold nuf for ya?
« Reply #21 on: Feb 06, 2022, 06:11 AM »
Foot is favorable ....think I'm heading out to Wilson's, per reports the ice seems a bit more favorable there. I can always get out here at Bowdish tomorrow if the weather holds. I'll be bored tomorrow too!

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG UP!!!
« Reply #22 on: Feb 06, 2022, 04:11 PM »
12 inches plus where I fished on Echo today...I got 8 perch and 1 pickerel  today. Fished with 2 other guys. 35 total fish. Couple nice bass, but definitely a perch fest. Heading to Wilsons tomorrow as I have a day off planned.

Offline Ballbag

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Feb 06, 2022, 05:14 PM »
Nice haul

Offline RIMainuh

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cold nuf for ya?
« Reply #24 on: Feb 07, 2022, 01:17 PM »
Got out with some of the the Ice Shanty RI crew on Wilson's yesterday just one big fat old yellow perch, but a great day. Perfect to be out sun was warm no wind and about a foot of ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.