Montana > Ice Fishing Montana

A week off where should I go

(1/3) > >>

Oldschoolben:
Thinking about taking a road trip doing some ice fishing unfortunately I'll be fishing alone so not sure how far I want to go might just stick around the Kalispell area maybe head down to Cascade Lake would like to hit Fort Peck if I could find others to go with or even Cascade

BurbotsNBourbon:
Unless you're dead set on only hitting one lake, you could make a "tour" out of it.  Head over by Great Falls and have the ability to hit a few lakes all within an hour or so drive from town? Frances, Pishkun, Bynum, Tiber, Nelson are all relatively close to Great Falls.

PyroZuki:
If you hit any places near me, I also got that week off, maybe I'll meet you somewhere.

Pyro

PyroZuki:

--- Quote from: BurbotsNBourbon on Feb 12, 2024, 10:14 AM ---Unless you're dead set on only hitting one lake, you could make a "tour" out of it.  Head over by Great Falls and have the ability to hit a few lakes all within an hour or so drive from town? Frances, Pishkun, Bynum, Tiber, Nelson are all relatively close to Great Falls.

--- End quote ---

Old IS member "i c" and I did that several years ago. We fished up and down the Front, hittin 2 lakes a day. It was a blast.

Pyro

Oldschoolben:

--- Quote from: BurbotsNBourbon on Feb 12, 2024, 10:14 AM ---Unless you're dead set on only hitting one lake, you could make a "tour" out of it.  Head over by Great Falls and have the ability to hit a few lakes all within an hour or so drive from town? Frances, Pishkun, Bynum, Tiber, Nelson are all relatively close to Great Falls.

--- End quote ---
I've kicked that idea around,  they also thought about just driving down to Cascade because I can rent a sled down there I don't have transportation on the ice and if I'm going to take that much time I want to be able to get around on the lake and not just be driving a sled by walking

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version