The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Anybody been fishing Medicine Lake??  (Read 1837 times)

Offline Badgermilk27

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Git-R-Done
Anybody been fishing Medicine Lake??
« on: Jan 16, 2007, 08:45 AM »
Just curious where I should go this friday...only have to work till 10am, so I am itchin to put on my Ice Armor and play Jesus again.  I like to fish for northerns and walleye, and anything else that feels like taking my bait. 
LURE (n): expensive metal or plastic device used to locate rocks and trees on lake and river bottoms.  (also see: disposable)

Offline macker13

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Anybody been fishing Medicine Lake??
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2007, 08:56 AM »
Peter also walked on the water, but he was not as certain as the Lord.  Sounds like many of us this year with the questionable ice!

Now, about getting out fishing on Friday.  If you have time and opportunity, do you really need to ask if you should?  Absolutely!  It is your duty to do this for all of those poor ice fishing fools out East who don't have any ice.

I drive by Medicine every day and there are always people out fishing.  Most are fishing crappie, but the Northerns should be hitting as well. 

Good luck and let us know how you do.

Offline Badgermilk27

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Git-R-Done
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2007, 09:01 AM »
I will definitely let you know how I do...any suggestions as to where one might find a good spot (not to be confused with anyone's actual spot)...ie north, south, east, west end of the lake?  Also any help with public access and where one or two might be would help me out considerably... :tipup:
LURE (n): expensive metal or plastic device used to locate rocks and trees on lake and river bottoms.  (also see: disposable)

Offline Badgermilk27

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Git-R-Done
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2007, 09:03 AM »
Now, about getting out fishing on Friday.  If you have time and opportunity, do you really need to ask if you should? 

I do believe I asked where I should go, not if I should go...I used to be one of those poor New England *****s not too long ago, so I know when I have a good thing...thanks for the extra motivation though ;D

Offline possumilk

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lakes Region
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2007, 11:52 AM »
hey!!!!! i am still one of those poor new england shmo's and so are you badger.  don't deny your roots!!!  ;D  and yes you should fish for all of us who are fishing in tanks with string!
>))))))>

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2007, 03:30 PM »
so how'd it go

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

Offline Badgermilk27

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Git-R-Done
« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2007, 06:04 PM »
Friday was crap...literally caught one dink Crappie, but I went this past Monday and caught about 30 Perch all 8" or less and one nice 17" eye out on Medicine.  Really good day on the ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.