The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: mille lacs for new years  (Read 987 times)

Offline dunnym1984

• IceShanty Rookie
mille lacs for new years
« on: Dec 26, 2017, 11:05 PM »
Talked the wife into taking our new (to us) wheel house somewhere fishing for new years eve. Was thinking about mille lacs , only about 1.5 hours away from us. Anyone fished up there yet this year? or have any recommendations? I would Assume people arent driving out to far yet?  I will probably call some resorts for ice conditions tomorrow. I am not very familiar with the lake. I have a 1/2 ton f150 and a 18ft salem ice cabin. Thanks!

Offline MN Bassfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Chasing anything that swims in the Midwest
Re: mille lacs for new years
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2017, 10:29 AM »
I am headed up there tonight and will be fishing tomorrow and Friday. I haven't been on ML yet this year but I would definitely call a few resorts and see what the conditions are like, what they are allowing out on their roads and how far people are going out.

Offline BrentOnIce

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2018, 08:48 PM »
How did Mille lacs go for you guys? I will be heading up this weekend. We have a rental out of Red Door. I've never fished the lake before. Hoping we are on fish. First trip with my wife and 4 year old daughter. Would love for them to get hooked like me!

Offline dunnym1984

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2018, 09:35 PM »
We ended up cancelling . the -35 wind chill just didn't seem worth it.  Going to try to go this weekend when it is possibly going to be above zero temp . still havent decided where to try. every resort you call of course says the fishing is amazing. sounds like 16inchs plus of ice

Offline BrentOnIce

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2018, 05:01 AM »
I can't blame you. It was brutally cold! I've been getting updates from many of the resorts through Johnson's Portside Facebook page 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.