New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Anyone use cameras on Silver, Conesus, or Honeoye??  (Read 985 times)

Offline BigDynamite

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • There's one!
Anyone use cameras on Silver, Conesus, or Honeoye??
« on: Jan 20, 2024, 07:19 AM »
Just wondering what experience people might have had on these lakes in terms of water clarity and actually making camera worth the money.  Toying with the idea of Marcum Pursuit HDL.

Thanks for any feedback.

Tight Lines and Hard Water

Offline Ice_Ape

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Anyone use cameras on Silver, Conesus, or Honeoye??
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2024, 01:58 PM »
I used to run an aquaview all the time several years ago. As long as your not to close to the current of outlet. It would cloud up some days. Away from there it was generally clear but there is a lot of weeds to contend with. This was on Conesus. Silver was crystal clear the few times o used it there. Could see 15 plus feet once or of the weeds.
Do you think there's hardwater in heaven?

Offline BigDynamite

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • There's one!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2024, 10:25 AM »
Thanks for the feedback.  Would love to hear others experiences as well.

Tight Lines and Hard Water

Offline TheManInBlack

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2024, 05:03 PM »
I have seen people have success using electronics at Honeoye. The perch there bite so lightly, I think it really helps. I don’t fish there much myself. I don’t have electronics and never had a whole lot of luck there myself.

Offline bosco2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2024, 09:46 PM »
I used an old Aquaview a couple times on Honeoye for Perch. The water clarity was good and it's definitely helpful to literally see what's going on around your bait as opposed to interpreting the info from a flasher. Seeing EXACTLY how fish are responding to your presentation is pretty cool. I think for a new ice-fisherman it can be a tremendous confidence builder and a great learning tool. Nowadays I leave all the extras like that at home so I can travel as light as possible.

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2024, 09:49 PM »
I only use it for gills.  When the bite is tough, seeing how they react to the jig helps put more fish on the ice. 

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 28, 2024, 09:17 AM »
Gamble that's the best use for cameras they can suck in a jig and spit it out without moving even the lightest of spring bobbers a camera really helps with quick hooksets

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.