New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: tip up question  (Read 3641 times)

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: tip up question
« Reply #60 on: Jan 25, 2024, 05:28 PM »
now  perch  lucky and  active  i'm begining to think your 3 are  joshing  with me  ...................... :roflmao:

Offline Hardwaterhappy53

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Jan 25, 2024, 09:28 PM »
if i'm running my tip ups in lake ontario  tribs  like  sandy   pond or  chaumont  do i need a  4 foot  leader with  a swivel and  any weights above the  swivel?????

and if i  use  frozen  shrimp  for  bait  do they need to be salted  and  the  number clearly listed on the package ?????

one  more thing  i heard it's illegal to refil those one  pound  propane  bottles ........ i don't want to get in trouble

Actually, I used to have a copy of the regs regarding refilling the small bottles, and of course, I can't find it to send a copy out. But I do remember them. Simply put: It is illegal to transport them on federal highways. That's it!

Offline Hardwaterhappy53

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Jan 25, 2024, 09:31 PM »
Literally everyone is refilling them.
Its legal to refill them, but it may be illegal to transport them on the road once refilled, but whos going to know?

Yup! You are correct. But it is specifically illegal to transport them on federal highways. So, if you stay off the Eisenhower Interstate System, you be good!

Offline Iceman1899

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Jan 25, 2024, 10:00 PM »
So I heard the flame king refillable bottles are DOT approved for transportation and looked into it a little online but didn’t come up with anything solid. Anyone else ever hear that? And btw trapper I’ll get a dozen or so of them certified bait receipts from ya with a blank on the dates. I’ll trade you a couple of scoops of fat heads iv had in my live well since mid December 🤣😜

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #64 on: Jan 26, 2024, 03:37 AM »
THATS A DEAL ;D

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #65 on: Jan 26, 2024, 04:46 AM »
I have a hidden compartment under my truck bed I can hold. Dozen of those little propane bottles and sell them in other states for double my money

Offline tj_cubin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Jan 26, 2024, 06:43 AM »
I have a hidden compartment under my truck bed I can hold. Dozen of those little propane bottles and sell them in other states for double my money
Uncle Jesse would be proud.

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #67 on: Jan 26, 2024, 06:47 AM »
I have a prove I refilled them compartment in my truck
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline Lucky13

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Jan 26, 2024, 08:09 AM »
Sure, that'll work, but you'll need those little inner tube deals for the tip ups, as the only ice this year so far at Canadice is on the slope leading down to the boat launch!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #69 on: Jan 26, 2024, 08:52 AM »
how many holes can i legally mark with empty  propane bottles and can i use emptys for floats  on gaint catfish rigs????? ps  i will use shrimp for bait

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.