New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Bills thread for 2023-24  (Read 23941 times)

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
Bills thread for 2023-24
« on: Sep 18, 2023, 06:19 PM »
With the new NFL season now 2 weeks in, how do you fellow Bills fans feel about the 2 games so far ?

For you Bills Mafia members in western NY, you will be glad to know that Bills fans are everywhere in our state. I see stickers on vehicles, and the banners on houses very frequently where I travel in my far eastern part of NY. I moved there for a job in 1987 and did not really have a solid favorite team before that, but got swept up in the fervor of the Bills in the Buffalo area and will remain a lifelong fan.

It is hard for me to relax after that win over the Raiders - it is hard to know how good you are yet from beating a bad team like them, but as the saying goes if you beat all the teams in the lower half and play .500 against the upper half, you make the playoffs.

Nice to see James Cook with the breakout game and Josh spreading the passes around to all the receivers pretty equally. The offense already looks a lot more balanced than it did last year, and Matt Milano is an absolute FREAK !
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Bills thread for 2023-24
« Reply #1 on: Sep 20, 2023, 05:49 AM »
🤞 is all i have to say!
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #2 on: Sep 25, 2023, 06:11 AM »
So they dominated Washington as they should have. Are we goiung to be able to slow down the Dolphins ? Hopefully they got it out of their system with their 70 points yesterday. They have a scary offense and we will have to keep up in a shootout to win. I'll say the Dolphins come back to earth and we get the win in a shootout. Hopefully Matt Milano has a couple of big plays to slow them down. Bills win 38 -34
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Sep 25, 2023, 03:23 PM »
There are so many great 1pm games Sunday, including Miami @ Buffalo. Thank goodness it’s KC vs NYJ Sunday night, I can go to bed early

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Sep 25, 2023, 03:28 PM »
I'm gonna stick with 🤞😜

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #5 on: Sep 25, 2023, 06:01 PM »
I think our Bills elite defense is gonna give Miami a rude wakeup call. We need to come out and establish that D in the first Miami possession, stack the line and shut down the run game, then Tua will be forced to throw more as the game progresses, and he is a middle-of-the-pack QB so take away their biggest strength first, their run game. The stats for our defense this week were : 3 points allowed, 9 sacks, 15 QB hots and 5 turnovers. Get after Tua and he will miss a lot of passes and hopefully throw some INT's, then put our studs on offense to work to close out the deal. Hopefully the game will not be as close as my prediction above.

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #6 on: Sep 27, 2023, 05:40 AM »
SQUISH THE FISH  :flex: :clap:

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #7 on: Sep 27, 2023, 05:41 AM »

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Sep 27, 2023, 02:09 PM »

Absolutely

And the following week Von Miller comes back!

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #9 on: Sep 27, 2023, 08:37 PM »
Correct, Von Miller was forced onto the PUP list for the 1st 4 weeks of the season. I hope he is a game-changer when he comes back to play, but time will tell. I am not getting my hopes up for him to be his former self at age 34.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10 on: Sep 30, 2023, 06:11 AM »

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #11 on: Sep 30, 2023, 08:12 AM »

Thanks, that is domination by the Bills, but this is not the same old Dolphins. last season, every game could have been won by either team. McDermott is saying all the right things about this game, i.e. do the fundamentals well and be physical. The team that is the most physical if the teams are otherwise pretty evenly matched, usually wins. It has a way of breaking the will of your opponent later in the game and making them sorry for ever touching the ball. I happen to believe that while the Dolphins definitely have the edge with team speed, the Bills are harder hitters and this should have a big effect especially in the 2nd half.

It wouldn't surpise me if the Bills get blown off the field in the 1st half and be down by double digits at halftime but then grind out a win. Hopefully I will be wrong and the game won't even be close.

;) ;D :o :nono: ;)2 :flex: :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12 on: Oct 01, 2023, 06:45 AM »
There saying Hamlin is playing today???

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #13 on: Oct 01, 2023, 06:49 AM »
I did read that Hamlin will play today, due to Jordan Poyer missing the game with a sore knee.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14 on: Oct 01, 2023, 03:45 PM »

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #15 on: Oct 01, 2023, 08:02 PM »
Statement win. We can contain any offense. Are you paying attention KC ? :o :P

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16 on: Oct 02, 2023, 06:22 AM »

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17 on: Oct 08, 2023, 09:07 AM »
Slow start..

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Oct 08, 2023, 09:32 AM »
And some significant injuries on the defensive side of the ball. Milano going to be missing a significant number of games, at best. Maybe the season

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #19 on: Oct 10, 2023, 08:58 PM »
Hate to say it, but the Bills appear to have fallen back to the middle of the pack in the NFL. Losing Milano on defense is like losing Allen as the QB, Milano does not have a replacement on the practice squad that is anywhere close to that level of play.

The Bills can't afford to lose another game now before they play their final 6 games, which are all against top teams and which they will be lucky to split at 3-3. They need to reel off 5 wins in a row now to still be considered SB favorites going into those games.  :-\ ???

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20 on: Oct 15, 2023, 11:41 AM »
This should be easy..
RIGHT..?????

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #21 on: Oct 15, 2023, 12:37 PM »
This should be easy..
RIGHT..?????

Dude, I love that you add good pictures to your posts, makes this thread so much more colorful   ;D As far as tonight being easy, it depends on which Bills team shows up. And I hate playing a team that feels desperate to win in order to cling to any hope of making the playoffs, such as the Giants are now. If they manage to win and get to 2-4 their season is not lost yet.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22 on: Oct 16, 2023, 05:40 AM »
Well it wasn’t easy but it’s a win….

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #23 on: Oct 16, 2023, 07:18 PM »
Ugly win but maybe they needed that to toughen uo for the remainder of the season. Like I said, I hate playing desperate teams and the Giants brought the D and took risks. They shut us out for 3 quarters amd I was super worried. Allen and Diggs had just enough composure to get the job done on offense in Q4 WHEW !!!!!   :-\ :-X :whistle:

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #24 on: Oct 16, 2023, 08:13 PM »
A game against the patsies, I mean the Pats,  is coming just in time for what ailes us  ;D

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Oct 17, 2023, 06:46 AM »
A game against the patsies, I mean the Pats,  is coming just in time for what ailes us  ;D

That’s what I said about last week’s game. A slump buster against NJ Football Giants.

The silver lining from this past week is that the two scoring drives were 17 and 12 plays each, with a dominating run game. That’s how you win games in January, not flinging the ball 45 times for 375 yards and 3 touchdowns.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #26 on: Oct 17, 2023, 12:54 PM »

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #27 on: Oct 17, 2023, 06:49 PM »
That’s what I said about last week’s game. A slump buster against NJ Football Giants.

The silver lining from this past week is that the two scoring drives were 17 and 12 plays each, with a dominating run game. That’s how you win games in January, not flinging the ball 45 times for 375 yards and 3 touchdowns.
[/qu
ote]

I couldn't agree more with you man. For whatever the Giants are this season, quitters is not one of those things. They were really scrappy and that is the kind of test the Bills needed for the gut check. Now hopefully they can turn the engines back on vs. the PATS.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #28 on: Oct 22, 2023, 11:35 AM »

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29 on: Oct 22, 2023, 12:16 PM »
Well after what I just saw the past 10 minutes I’m switching over to the lions game..😎😎

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.