Author Topic: WEATHER UNDERGROUND IS RED X ?????  (Read 1408 times)

Offline BONECRUSHER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LOVE TO GET IT WET
WEATHER UNDERGROUND IS RED X ?????
« on: Jan 17, 2009, 09:03 PM »
Been tryin' for days and finally got a white box with a red x in my signiture, Hey it's a start.
Could someone help me out? It would be appreciated

Offline Tombo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: WEATHER UNDERGROUND IS RED X ?????
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2009, 09:11 PM »
Still work'n on it? I've given up for now.....will try again in a few days,meanwhile I'll grow accustomed to my "red X". Good luck to you.
Tombo

Offline BONECRUSHER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LOVE TO GET IT WET
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2009, 09:13 PM »
Maybe we can start a new red X trend Tombo ;D

Offline Tombo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2009, 05:29 PM »
I thought I had it Bonecrusher......but.. ..NO, It's not active,it never changes,now it's back to the drawing board. How are you making out?
Tombo

Offline BONECRUSHER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LOVE TO GET IT WET
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2009, 05:46 PM »
Just came in from the lake and still have my little red X. Maybe someday !

Offline Tombo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2009, 11:05 PM »
Bonecrusher.....just had a revelation--seems that my weather banner is working after all,just can't click on it to get forecast, however I'm not going to worry about that part of it,everything else seems to be working.
I'll try and explain what I did: Go to underground weather page for your city and choose the banner of your choice when you find it "left click on it " abox should appear....choose ""properties" at the bottom and right click on it ........another box should appear--highligt all the type under "address" and left click on the highlighted type ....choose "copy" by right clicking it.
Now go to Ice shanty home page rgt click on your name in the "members online section' at the bottom of the page and your personal summary should come up. Right click on "modify profile" in the forum profile info ---you will have to highlight all the stuff you placed into the signature section before and delete it.now while your cursor is still in  this window type   (square bracket)IMG(opposing square bracket)   and then left click your mouse and choose "paste"  the type you previously highlighted should appear with your cursor behind it  Type  (square bracket)/img(opposing square bracket)   now place your cursor on the "change profile" button at the bottom of the page and click it. that should do it....just work your way back to one of your last  posts and see if it worked (you mqay have to refresh the page)
You may find that you can't get a forecast....which is my problem but at least I got something. Hope this helps
Tombo
Note: where I typed (square bracket )and (opposing square bracket)---I had to do this or it wouldn't show up the type in my post....instead it read it as an image file and show some type of little sqare box ---hope you know what I mean.

Offline BONECRUSHER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LOVE TO GET IT WET
« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2009, 08:22 PM »
Imagine that Tombo, just got in from fishin' and my little buddy the red X turned into a beautiful weather banner all on it's own :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline Tombo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2009, 10:15 PM »
Great  :laugh: nice to see ,You must have friends in high places or got a visit from the fairy godmother, either way good to see you got it.
Maybe I had some "special" help too...guess I'll never know, but if I did  it is certainly appreciated.
How was fishing?? My luck hasn't been too good lately,we always seem to run into a slowdown in mid season however I was out yesterday on a beautiful day with my son and 8 yr. old grandson so who could ask for more than that. good luck in the future.
Tombo

Offline BONECRUSHER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LOVE TO GET IT WET
« Reply #8 on: Jan 20, 2009, 05:12 PM »
The bite was slow but did catch a couple speckled hoggs

one was 14 1/4" and the other was 15"

caught them on a rapala tipped with a 3" minnow while jiggin' for some eyes, must of been hungry.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.