Author Topic: New ShowDown Ice-Troller  (Read 16532 times)

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
New ShowDown Ice-Troller
« on: Oct 08, 2010, 10:36 AM »
“Trolling” is no longer exclusive to fishing from a boat

New ShowDown Ice-Troller redefines mobility and ice fishing sonar

www.showdownfishfinder.com

Minneapolis, MN – “When I’m out searching for fish on the ice,” says professional guide Tony Roach, “I like to go into stealth mode. Just a rod, an auger, and this slick little fish-finder inside my coat pocket.”

Indeed, ice-fishing sonar has entered the iPod® era. The new ShowDown Ice-Troller is just that—the first hand-held, totally functional ice fishing sonar. Ice-Troller doesn’t just fit into a 5-gallon bucket, it’s a lightweight little palm-sized device that does everything a sonar unit should—and more.

Conceived by MarCum Technologies’, the ShowDown Ice-Troller sets new benchmarks in sonar design and performance. Just like the original ShowDown, Ice-Troller features an easy-to-interpret backlit, digital vertical LCD matched to an intuitive push-button operating system. Add in MarCum’s proven, patented Interference Rejection System and 25-Level Sensitivity, and you’ve got one smooth-running sonar that’s light on its feet.
Ice-Troller even includes a built-in LCD heater for use in extreme cold. And an Auto Range function immediately locks onto depth, displaying targets from 1 to 120-feet of water. Attached to a 20-degree transducer and 6-feet of cable, Ice-Troller provides instant depth, structure, and fish information. Six AA batteries keep the sonar juiced for up to 20 hours of continuous use.

“The new ShowDown Ice-Troller is the perfect match for my run-and-gun style of ice fishing,” offers Roach, the original ice-troller. “With this cool device in my hand, I can cover huge areas quickly— just drill and dip the transducer. No bending over, no carrying a big heavy flasher. It’s almost as easy as trolling with my boat. The Ice-Troller helps me map a structure fast, and it makes quick work of locating fish under the ice. I don’t care if you’re a guide or not, finding fish fast is still the name of the game.”

Having found the hotspot, Ice-Troller instantly converts into your primary sonar unit. Simply snap the Ice -Troller module onto a 12-volt Performance Pack (sold separately). The Performance Pack includes a padded neoprene softcase, adjustable transducer arm, cord stopper, Quick-Connect sonar shuttle, and 3-stage auto battery charger. A 12-volt rechargeable battery (sold separately) bypasses AA batteries for extended operation.

ABOUT MARCUM TECHNOLOGIES
Manufactured in the U.S.A. by Versa Electronics, MarCum Technologies offers the highest standards in flasher-sonar units and underwater camera systems available today. For more information and a 2010-11 MarCum catalog, contact Versa Electronics, 3943 Quebec Avenue North, Minneapolis, MN  55427. For customer service, please contact us at 888-778-1208 or email us at [email protected]. Website is www.marcumtech.com.

http://www.facebook.com/marcumtech
What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

Offline bushyjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag
Re: New ShowDown Ice-Troller
« Reply #1 on: Oct 08, 2010, 10:47 AM »
i like it need to get one this year  :tipup:
Just enjoying life

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 08, 2010, 01:27 PM »
Something new to drop down the hole   :icefish: LOL

Offline saugeye man

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Oct 08, 2010, 07:11 PM »
LOL! Great point!

surflizard

« Reply #4 on: Oct 08, 2010, 07:16 PM »
Thanks for posting that Scott ! I'm waiting on mine, should be in next week !  :thumbsup: :icefish:

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??
« Reply #5 on: Oct 08, 2010, 08:26 PM »
Looks pretty kewl,and I`m sure it works as good as the one I have had for several seasons and love it..

Offline acrawfor

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Oct 08, 2010, 08:40 PM »
I'd be afraid I'd lose it by falling out of my pocket or down the hole. I could be wrong but besides size and showing the depth as a column, I don't see any real advantage over a regular flasher. I move around a lot when I'm searching for gills and I really don't have an issue carrying my 'bird. Plus I don't have to worry about it going to the bottom of the lake. Maybe just me though...

Offline jasond37

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag!
« Reply #7 on: Oct 08, 2010, 09:42 PM »
If I had a few bucks to spare I'd get one.  I saw it at Thorne Bros. a few weeks ago.  It's nice because it's handheld and can fit in your pocket, and if you pre-drill a bunch of holes like alot of us do you can more efficiently hole hop.  It's just another sweet gadget for us fishermen to get.  It is worth getting the performance pack as well.  If I remember correctly the battery life is actually pretty good too.

Offline bkmster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Oct 19, 2010, 02:12 PM »
Does this work on open water as well or just for ice fishing?

Offline yoslick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Oct 19, 2010, 02:13 PM »
Both
DCC(SW/MTS) US Navy retired 75-95

surflizard

« Reply #10 on: Oct 19, 2010, 04:37 PM »
Welcome to the Shanty bkmster, Glad to have ya aboard ! Good luck and tight lines !

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Oct 19, 2010, 06:33 PM »
I often use My LX-5 to check depth/set traps as I drill holes.
When prospecting, I use my Lxi for quick depth readings.
Is the Show Down display really good enough to replace a flasher?

MD

surflizard

« Reply #12 on: Oct 19, 2010, 07:07 PM »
I'm glad they did go vertical, I always had a hard time deciphering the swirling colors ??

Offline jasond37

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag!
« Reply #13 on: Oct 19, 2010, 07:10 PM »
I often use My LX-5 to check depth/set traps as I drill holes.
When prospecting, I use my Lxi for quick depth readings.
Is the Show Down display really good enough to replace a flasher?

MD

It just might be.  I love my flasher, I am used to it and it's gonna be hard to get me off my Marcum.  But I want to get this for my wife.  She loves to fish with me, but I think she would actually like the fishing part a little more if she had a Showdown.  It's backlit, and easy to read since it's vertical, just like the water column. 

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Oct 19, 2010, 07:30 PM »
It just might be.  I love my flasher, I am used to it and it's gonna be hard to get me off my Marcum.  But I want to get this for my wife.  She loves to fish with me, but I think she would actually like the fishing part a little more if she had a Showdown.  It's backlit, and easy to read since it's vertical, just like the water column. 

My wife demanded a LX-5.  :P

Now I don't have to fight her for the flasher since she has her own.

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #15 on: Oct 19, 2010, 09:19 PM »
I'm glad they did go vertical, I always had a hard time deciphering the swirling colors ??

Thats a Vexilar thing. You get solid lines on a Marcum or Bird.

Offline wallydiven

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Oct 19, 2010, 09:51 PM »
  Thats a Marcum thing. :nono: ;D  Give me a break!!! I have used all the flashers on the market (except the showdowns) and they all do the same thing. I own 2 Vex's and the only difference between them other than the options they have is clarity. Marcum and H-bird are way more pleasing to the eye while on the ice and thats about it. If I had to do it all over again I would go Marcum hands down.

Offline bee

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Nov 23, 2010, 01:08 PM »
Got one on ebay today. Only bidder 150.00
Thats Why They Call It Fishing.

Offline candyok

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Nov 23, 2010, 01:42 PM »
 I couldn't find where one was sold on ebay for $150.
A bad day of fishing with your dog, beats any day of doing HONEYDOS.

Offline DoubleBurg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Nov 24, 2010, 11:45 AM »
So, if you buy the performance pack then you essentially end up with a flasher, right?  I wonder how well this would work as a primary flasher for somone on a budget.  Maybe not a long term solution but for somone who just graduated from school and doesn't have a lot of money sitting around. 

Any thoughts on this?
Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.  -Henry David Thoreau

Offline walleye tattoo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wisconsin chapter
« Reply #20 on: Nov 24, 2010, 02:56 PM »
Good choice for starters you can always up geade to see easer when you need to age and income go hand and hand as time passes.

Live to fish forced to work

Offline SKilo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Nov 24, 2010, 03:26 PM »
I seen one with a heck of a lanyard on it but I know how it goes on the ice too, Murphy's Law always seems to prevail out their.

I've been humming and hawwing over one of these showdowns for awhile now. Does anyone know the difference between this one and the full version other than the size? With the troller do you have less target seperation or lose some of the water column?

I've been thinking about getting a second electronic for when I wan't to start searching for fish but my buddy wants to stay in the house. This maybe a good solution as I don't want to add much more bulky gear than I already have.

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #22 on: Nov 24, 2010, 08:26 PM »
SKILO, here are the differences.

5.6 showdown:
■New - Higher Resolution LCD - See Fish and Bottom structure more clearly
■New - 12V 9 Amp Battery Included - Fish even longer between charges
■New - Custom Neoprene Soft Pack - This waterproof case will keep the system dry when stored.
■New - 20 Degree Transducer with 6' Cord - Scan larger segments of the water column without sacrificing performance.
■Infinitely Adjustable - Digital Zoom - Focus in on any segment of the water column in 1-foot increments.
■Improved Interference (Noise) Rejection - 10 levels of adjustability
■Surface Clutter Elimination Filter
■1/2 inch Target Separation in the 20’, 40’, and 60’ranges.
■1000-watts true RMS power / 8000 Watts Peak to Peak
■Daylight Viewable - Cool white backlit display
■Auto Bottom Lock Zoom -  The Bottom 25% of the water column is magnified in any depth range for maximum fish detection, jig detection and target separation.
■On-Screen Digital Depth
■Digital Auto-Range control – 20’, 40’, 60’, 80’, 120', 240’  - Unit automatically adjusts depth ranges when "hole hopping"
■Sensitivity  - 25 levels of adjustability.
■ Multi-level high-contrast grayscale display - See fish as they approach your bait by watching the Gray bands turn to Black
■ICE-MODE activates Internal Heater to always keep LCD display "fresh"
■Runs 24 hours continuous on a single battery charge
■12V automatic battery charger - included

Troller:
“NEW” – Showdown Ice-Troller Hand Held DigitalShowdown Troller Handheld Sonar5-inch Vertical LCD Display
20-degree Transducer with 6’ cable
Up to 4,000-watts Peak-to-Peak Power
2-inch Target Separation
120-foot Range with Auto Depth Scale function
25 Sensitivity settings
10 IR (noise) settings
12-volt or 6 AA Power capabilities
Runs 20 hours continuous on 6AA (not included)
Daylight Viewable Backlit Display
Ice-Mode activates Internal Heater to aid LCD in extreme conditions
Made in the USA
Price - $199.99 MAP
12-volt Performance Pack Accessory sold separately $49.99

surflizard

« Reply #23 on: Nov 24, 2010, 08:38 PM »
I unpacked my Troller and performance pack tonite !  :thumbsup: I'll take it down to the lake in the morning with the jig pole and see how she reads !

Offline SKilo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Nov 24, 2010, 09:36 PM »
Stumper thanks for the specs.

So the way I see it other than a few creature comforts on the 5.6 the bread and butter difference between it and the troller is...

the troller has half the power at 4k watts and the 5.6 has 8k
the target seperation on the troller is 2" and the 5.6 is at a 1/2"

So I'm not an expert on these numbers but I have a pretty good guess on what they affect but how big of a performance difference would you notice between these two units?

Offline fishin_fever

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Dec 04, 2010, 05:55 PM »
I just bought one too.  I have a trip coming up in Feb.  I am anxious to hear about others using this unit.  The price was right for me.  I had a $100 gift card so it put it in range for me.  I am just looking to be able to detect fish so I know when to really focus on jigging.  It seems like this will do the job.  I really like the small size since I can just put it in my box.  We have limited space when we are taken out to our shantys up at the angle on Lake of the Woods.

Offline erikphillips

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Dec 23, 2010, 08:09 AM »
so i just ordered one of these from cabellas. does anyone know if the unit itself floats???? i'm not the handiest guy in town but if anyone was any suggestions on how to come up with an attachment to make it float, or maybe a "leash" idea like on snowboards and surf boards?

Offline littlesturgeonguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Dec 23, 2010, 08:37 AM »
I see that Fleet Farm has the Troller on sale for 169.99 and the performance pack for 42.99 till the 25th this is the 2nd week in a row they had it on sale for that, so may or may not be that price after the 25th.

surflizard

« Reply #28 on: Dec 23, 2010, 08:59 AM »
This past weekend, I got to use my Troller for the first time and it worked flawlessly !!  It gave me instant reading thru 7 to 8 " of ice and it most definately help me to get trout on to the ice ! I love it !  :thumbsup:
My buddies First flag/First fish of the Season !

My first Brown of the Season !

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #29 on: Dec 23, 2010, 09:04 AM »
so i just ordered one of these from cabellas. does anyone know if the unit itself floats???? i'm not the handiest guy in town but if anyone was any suggestions on how to come up with an attachment to make it float, or maybe a "leash" idea like on snowboards and surf boards?
;D  My buddy has one and has/had the same concerns.  He's always carrying a bucket with him, so I suggested he tether it to the bucket.  He had it done, temporarily, in less than 5 minutes. Didn't want to take any chances.  I suggested he tie a string to it and let down a hole to see if it would float - didn't like that idea.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.