The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: champlain ice conditions  (Read 3521 times)

Offline 44blackfooted

• Team IceShanty Regular
champlain ice conditions
« on: Dec 22, 2022, 09:15 AM »
hi guys just curious how ol man winters treating us lookin to se how the ice is doin

Offline Fish Farmer

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: champlain ice conditions
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2022, 11:43 AM »
We're still boating mid lake, Addison county area to the New York shore, trolling down to Port Henry. Salmon and laker bite still good. With the wind forecast, I bet any thin ice would get busted up.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2022, 11:46 AM »
We're still boating mid lake, Addison county area to the New York shore, trolling down to Port Henry. Salmon and laker bite still good. With the wind forecast, I bet any thin ice would get busted up.

2x have launched from Port Henry recently.

Offline 44blackfooted

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2022, 07:39 AM »
thanks bud appreciate it gotta get ice im bored

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Love IceFishing for SMELT,PERCH,BLUEGILLS,CRAPPIE,
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2023, 04:57 PM »
From what I heard the other day some people are fishing South Bay in White Hall NY. Last time I heard that was 5 inches everywhere.
I do all types of fishing; but I am Die hard Ice angler.
I love Ice Fishing the lakes of Rutland County. Recently moved to NY and now will be Ice fishing the Lakes Of New York.

Offline icewizard2023

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2023, 11:22 AM »
Any one know if hibbard bay is froze over

Offline the_doctor

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2023, 04:39 PM »
There was still open water in the Gut today almost all the way to Hibbard's...I think that is the bay you mean. Probably not safe.

Offline Tacoma Marty

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Here fishy fishy
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2023, 06:43 PM »
4” of ice at Dillenbeck 50’ from shore in the shallows. There were a couple of snow machines and a side by side out there today.

Offline Tacoma Marty

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Here fishy fishy
« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2023, 06:48 PM »
6” of ice in fishable water off the rte 78 launch. Someone was setup up near Sandy Point with a pop up shanty. We’re going to give it a shot tomorrow.

Offline aquarium234

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 17, 2023, 07:09 AM »
Thank you to everyone who is posting ice thickness, its good to see how it is thickening up in different places. Stay safe and good luck out on the ice :-)
Its all fun and games until someone loses a walleye.......

Offline theislander

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 17, 2023, 01:40 PM »
Drove and checked from Alburgh down to Sandbar today - I didn't really have time to get out and drill - sorry.

Kelly Bay south of the Rouses Point bridge - mostly frozen up - multiple people a hundred or more yards out.

West Shore Alburgh(Horican Access) - still open

ILM Causeway - a couple guys out 50-100 yards out - towards the Alburgh end, lots of jagged windblown ice frozen up - only skim or open on the ILM end.

Dillenbeck - good ice with multiple people out I'd say over a hundred yards from shore.

Alburgh passage(channel between North Hero and Alburgh) - all locked up from Lakeview Lodge before the bridge all the way to Dillenbeck

Carry Bay - All locked up and multiple people out on the ice a couple hundred yards out.

The Gut - skim ice or open

Hibbard Bay - iced over most of the way out to the Gut - no idea of thickness. I did see recent sled track/footprints heading out about halfway between the far end and the main channel.

Keeler Bay Access - 1" of ice and most of it is in the bay to the north side, south side (to the right of the access) - not too far to open water

Sandbar access south of the causeway - 6" with extensive ice and multiple people way the hell out there.

Offline ISLAND STORM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 17, 2023, 03:01 PM »
Thanks Islander…great info!!
My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

Tight lines and be safe.

Offline PenguinIII

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 17, 2023, 04:48 PM »
Good post Islander, thank you

Offline Bob G.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 17, 2023, 05:48 PM »
Drove and checked from Alburgh down to Sandbar today - I didn't really have time to get out and drill - sorry.

Kelly Bay south of the Rouses Point bridge - mostly frozen up - multiple people a hundred or more yards out.

West Shore Alburgh(Horican Access) - still open

ILM Causeway - a couple guys out 50-100 yards out - towards the Alburgh end, lots of jagged windblown ice frozen up - only skim or open on the ILM end.

Dillenbeck - good ice with multiple people out I'd say over a hundred yards from shore.

Alburgh passage(channel between North Hero and Alburgh) - all locked up from Lakeview Lodge before the bridge all the way to Dillenbeck

Carry Bay - All locked up and multiple people out on the ice a couple hundred yards out.

The Gut - skim ice or open

Keeler Bay Access - 1" of ice and most of it is in the bay to the north side, south side (to the right of the access) - not too far to open water

Sandbar access south of the causeway - 6" with extensive ice and multiple people way the hell out there.

Thanks for the update. Are you the same person that posts pics on FB?

Offline theislander

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 17, 2023, 05:59 PM »
Nope, that's not me.

I'll probably throw another update here sometime after Thursday.

This time I'll have my gear with me :icefish:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.