The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: West Swanton Larry Greene Access  (Read 764 times)

Offline packersskyline

• IceShanty Rookie
West Swanton Larry Greene Access
« on: Feb 21, 2018, 09:37 AM »
How does the ice look at the access? I am thinking of heading over there tomorrow.

Offline WVBoy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "I am haunted by water." - Norman Maclean -
Re: West Swanton Larry Greene Access
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2018, 12:03 AM »
Was out there today, plenty of ice but I wouldn't drive out. There were a bunch of trucks out there today but not worth broken axles IMO. I dropped my tip ups in someone's old holes that were 12-14in wide today. Did really well actually. Route 78 is closed to flooding so if you plan on going there plan on a trip through the islands..
"Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths." - Jimmy D Moore

Offline Champlain Islander

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 23, 2018, 06:57 AM »
Water is dirty now since the flooding at least out north of Donaldson point. Was clear yesterday off Church Rd though but suspect that has changed since the strong south bound current was there.
Taught ice fishing for pan fish by one of the best...Art Rye may he RIP

Offline WVBoy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "I am haunted by water." - Norman Maclean -
« Reply #3 on: Feb 23, 2018, 07:16 PM »
Water is dirty now since the flooding at least out north of Donaldson point. Was clear yesterday off Church Rd though but suspect that has changed since the strong south bound current was there.

Yep..fished off church road today and basically chased the mudline into shore. By the end of the day it Was all coffee color. Caught fish but might as well write off the northern tier from here on out. This Miss river is raging.
"Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths." - Jimmy D Moore

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.