The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Sad day  (Read 2946 times)

Offline csiacd78

• Team IceShanty Regular
Sad day
« on: Feb 23, 2017, 05:56 PM »
Shacks are in the door yard. Talked to some folks today who said the went through 2' of water hauling their shacks off today, glad we got them Monday. Shacks were left in the parking lot Mon till today. Overall fine except .Ron's motion light got stolen and his screen was ripped where it looked like someone tried to get in. Cant have anything nice!

Offline . Ron

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Sad day
« Reply #1 on: Feb 23, 2017, 06:56 PM »
Thanks again for taking care of my winter home while I was gone.  It feels good to have them back in the driveway.

Offline Mossypumpkin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 23, 2017, 07:27 PM »
Better get them off this weekend. I was out today and the entire road is water. After the rain Saturday I suspect the season is over. Got 10 crappie, with one good one. Bring on open water!
Killin time til swimbait season..

Offline laxgoalie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2017, 06:45 AM »
Better get them off this weekend. I was out today and the entire road is water. After the rain Saturday I suspect the season is over. Got 10 crappie, with one good one. Bring on open water!

Season is over? There is like 12-24 inches of ice everywhere I have been fishing. Extended forecast shows a snap back to moderately cold weather. This season is going to be legitimate through March into April even in Cumberland county.

Honestly you should take your crappie fishing warm weather wishing bad attitude down to Mass or New York where it belongs.

Offline lunkahville

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2017, 07:19 AM »
Season is over? There is like 12-24 inches of ice everywhere I have been fishing. Extended forecast shows a snap back to moderately cold weather. This season is going to be legitimate through March into April even in Cumberland county.

Honestly you should take your crappie fishing warm weather wishing bad attitude down to Mass or New York where it belongs.
Yeah...... what he said
Fishing is like playing at Carnegie Hall, when your good your good. But do you know how to get to Carnegie Hall? PRACTICE!

Offline GasBlaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Welcomes green fish
« Reply #5 on: Feb 24, 2017, 09:42 AM »
Shacks are in the door yard. Talked to some folks today who said the went through 2' of water hauling their shacks off today, glad we got them Monday. Shacks were left in the parking lot Mon till today. Overall fine except .Ron's motion light got stolen and his screen was ripped where it looked like someone tried to get in. Cant have anything nice!

It sounds like you could use a boat out there to travel down that iceroad . That would be quite a picture .

Offline Snopro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Why work when you can fish?
« Reply #6 on: Feb 24, 2017, 10:45 AM »

I would like to see you on the ice in Cumberland county in april! Better have your Jesus shoes on! ;D
Is it ice time yet???

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Feb 24, 2017, 10:54 AM »
It's really sad people can't leave other people's stuff alone.

Offline Mossypumpkin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 24, 2017, 01:21 PM »

Jesus....I'd say someone might have accidentally sat down on a tip up and poked his vagina a little too hard...

Offline MG39

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
« Reply #9 on: Feb 24, 2017, 04:01 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
https://www.facebook.com/kellen.utpadel/videos/1268771276511903/

This video (click link) is worth a look...what ice road?

Can you get a link that's not facebook?  I won't go there. ;D
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have Trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today & I Will Trust Tomorrow,
Maybe......

Semper-Fi

Offline Skunkboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 24, 2017, 04:41 PM »
Mine's still on the ice.  No way to get it off last weekend due to all the slush.  Hopefully it'll be home Monday.  And maybe back out next weekend?  Forecast looks good & there's 18" of ice!  I'm more concerned about the ice at the boat launch.  I've heard of people floating them ashore, but I don't care to try that.

Offline MG39

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 24, 2017, 05:39 PM »
Oh I dont do Facebook either, but just click the link and watch the video. Nothing will happen, I promise. Don't have to log in sign up etc.

I tried the link & get a large white block with the authors name. I'm somewhat computer literate, but there must be something i don't know about. :)

Thanks anyway. ;D
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
Maybe......

Semper-Fi

Offline . Ron

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Feb 24, 2017, 05:49 PM »
The road was in that awkward state where there's too much water to bring a wheeler, but not enough to bring a boat with a long shaft outboard.

Csiacd did an admirable job of hauling a shack and outhouse (in a train) off today through a bit of water, a bit of slush,  a wall of fire, a pile of protesters, and a slew of zombies.  All while battling a broken shifter on his wheeler.

Offline nbg

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • *removed*
« Reply #13 on: Feb 24, 2017, 05:55 PM »
16" of good ice where I'm at. I moved the shack 30 yards out of the hole and fished in a tshirt all day today. Season is far from over. Cold nights next week to firm things up even more. I'm far from done

Offline nbg

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • *removed*
« Reply #14 on: Feb 24, 2017, 06:11 PM »

Offline . Ron

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Feb 24, 2017, 08:27 PM »
I don't think that Adam meant that the ice fishing season is done.  I know that he and I will both be fishing next weekend.

In our little ice commune, though, when the road gets bad, we evacuate.  The landing is not far behind.  Snopro, Csiacd78, and I all have wheeled shacks.  Ultra comfortable, but we need a road to haul them off. 

Personally, I got a month and a half on the ice with my shack.  I was hoping for more, but was pretty pleased with my time out there with family and good friends.

And I'll do it again next year.

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 24, 2017, 08:52 PM »
With the amount of water on the ice. if holes are cut  the water running down the holes will increase the size of the holes to a very large size . even if it drops below freezing at night . some holes overnight could reach a four foot size in dia. any vehicles on the ice are taking a very big chance for a dip!!!!!! Even a pressure crack will enlarge to a dangerous size..

Offline whitefishlover

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Feb 24, 2017, 09:31 PM »
16" of good ice where I'm at. I moved the shack 30 yards out of the hole and fished in a tshirt all day today. Season is far from over. Cold nights next week to firm things up even more. I'm far from done

X2, We were just talking today while on the ice that there is a very good chance we will be fishing in April.  2' plus, cold nights after Sunday and might actually make ice middle of next week. 

Glad you guys got you shacks of safe!!  Nice to know you know when to say when!!
"A bad day of fishin' is much  better than a good day of work" :)

Offline franklin fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Feb 25, 2017, 06:37 AM »
The road was in that awkward state where there's too much water to bring a wheeler, but not enough to bring a boat with a long shaft outboard.

Csiacd did an admirable job of hauling a shack and outhouse (in a train) off today through a bit of water, a bit of slush,  a wall of fire, a pile of protesters, and a slew of zombies.  All while battling a broken shifter on his wheeler.

Wow!  Conditions are tougher over there than I ever imagined.  Good job.  Make sure you guys bring a crossbow, or a samurai sword out there when you fish.  They seem to work good on the zombies. :woot: :o

Offline MG39

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
Maybe......

Semper-Fi

Offline NickM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Feb 25, 2017, 08:56 AM »
I think when your season ends depends on how you fish. If you have a shack and need vehicles to get it off, then now is a smart time to do that.

If you fish from a tent or just out in the open, then I think you've got some time left. After Thursday, they're saying lows from 10-20 where I am.

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Feb 25, 2017, 09:07 AM »
Things are changing fast out there, I fished my hard side on Tuesday and it was sitting high and dry.  Made the decision to pull it early Thursday morning on the top of the crust and find it sitting in a foot of water/ice.  Plenty of fishing left but time to get a little more stealthy. Lake is a complete slushy mess now but you can almost watch the fog killing the snow pack.  @)

Offline Mossypumpkin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Feb 25, 2017, 05:02 PM »
Things are changing fast out there, I fished my hard side on Tuesday and it was sitting high and dry.  Made the decision to pull it early Thursday morning on the top of the crust and find it sitting in a foot of water/ice.  Plenty of fishing left but time to get a little more stealthy. Lake is a complete slushy mess now but you can almost watch the fog killing the snow pack.  @)

It's crazy. There was almost no snow left on the pond Thursday

Offline kdcon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Feb 25, 2017, 07:46 PM »

Perfect that is what it is all about. Gotta have a challenge or its not as much fun  ;D

Offline Moosemonster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Feb 26, 2017, 08:30 AM »
Colder temps this week! Looking forward to some nice fishing next weekend! 3/4. Probably much less snow and slush by then, usually the best fishing of the season!

Offline Mainah

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Feb 27, 2017, 08:29 AM »
Jesus....I'd say someone might have accidentally sat down on a tip up and poked his vagina a little too hard...

thats what i was thinking..
I don't do drugs or bottles... fishing takes all my money!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.