Author Topic: Weekend action?  (Read 2007 times)

Offline DustyRhyno

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Giddy up!
Weekend action?
« on: Jan 20, 2008, 05:49 PM »
Did anybody go out this weekend?

My dad, son and myself went out today on a private sandpit near Kearney and ended up catching 15-20 bass, a bunch of small bluegills and 3 perch about 10" . Might have to go back out tommorrow.

Hope everyone else is enjoying the ice.

Offline hankthecrank

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Nothing better than DR PEPPER on shaved ice.
Re: Weekend action?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2008, 08:27 PM »
Iced a bunch of Gills and 2 small LMB on 2 different ponds here in Custer County, good fishing, but cold.
DR PEPPER POWERED PIKE HUNTER

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FISHING AND CATCHING, IS ONE FISH.

Offline hookemandcookem

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Work: that annoying time between fishing trips!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2008, 08:37 PM »
Went to a "local pit" ;)...I thought we did good but my buddie said he has done a lot better there before. All in all we had a good day and at least we werent at work right?

Offline DustyRhyno

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Giddy up!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2008, 09:11 PM »
Glad to hear you guys were able to get out. Stay warm!

Offline walleye4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice, Ice, BABY!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2008, 12:20 AM »
Sounds like a pretty good day man!  Hookemandcookem and I went south of the border saturday and caught about 30 crappies.  Nothing big and the bite has really slowed down.  Gonna hold out and wait a couple weeks before heading back.

We need to hook up and hit the ice.  Has Yanney froze back over yet?  Thinking about just doing some local fishing this weekend for a few hours.  I've got some private pits, maybe we can swap a trip 

I'll give you a call one of these days.

OH NO, I have Jig-a-nitis!  Very deadly disease!!!

Offline Sorny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2008, 05:20 PM »
SLOW    Started off Friday night with very cold temps and a half a dozen crappies and a couple of gills out of a sand pit south of York. Saturday we fished wagon train and didn't have a bite.  Drilled a ton of holes and only marked a couple of fish.  Then we headed to timber point and got a couple of bites with no fish iced.  It was cold and slow, so we decided to stay home and drink beer and watch foot ball on sunday, we were successful at that.

Cheers
Sorny

Offline hardh2ofish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2008, 05:43 PM »
Headed north to SD west of Rosebud for a couple hours late Sunday afternoon. Action was slow had a few flags and only came up with one so so pike.  caught a few little perch but that was about it.  Weather could have been better.  Single digits snow and an east wind about 20mph made for a rough day but it beat a good day of work ;D

Fishing should be the exercise of your skills- and its rewards the places it brings you to
                                                                           Negley Farson
Going Fishing

Offline DustyRhyno

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Giddy up!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2008, 06:01 PM »
Went out today, COLD, thank goodness for my portable shanty.
I checked Yanney this morning but it only had about 2" of ice on the west pocket. Not enough for me to feel safe so I went over to Kea Lake and fished for about 2 hours. I caught about 20 gills most of them in the 7 1/2" range so it should be worth trying next year.
After lunch I fished the private pit again and it was definately slower than yesterday but I still managed a half a dozen bass(10-16") and 1 perch(10 1/2"). Give me a call walleye4 and we'll try and get out.

Sorny, Hopefully things will pick up for you next weekend. It is at least gonna be warmer.

Offline DustyRhyno

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Giddy up!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 21, 2008, 06:02 PM »
How big was the pike?

Offline hardh2ofish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 21, 2008, 08:34 PM »
not big :-\  four maybe five pounds. 

Fishing should be the exercise of your skills- and its rewards the places it brings you to
                                                                           Negley Farson
Going Fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.