The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: kent county ice update  (Read 1042 times)

Offline 187fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
kent county ice update
« on: Dec 12, 2008, 07:05 PM »
 ??? ive checked a few local lakes in central kent, dean has 3-4" white ice, emerald 1-3", lamberton 2-3" camp near the acess has about 3-4good hard ice not sure about the north end or anywhere else i had my kids so i didnt venture to far out anybody have and word on other lakes and it seems that the ice is about the same everywhere right now im gonna get out sat morning on a little private lake for a limit of gills i hope cant wait..

Offline wetline005

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I only fish on days that end in "Y"...
Re: kent county ice update
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2008, 07:13 PM »
I have been so anxious to get out ice fishing. I am defenitely going tomorro morning somewhere in the kent county area. I just hope the ice is pretty solid. I have never went in and don't plan on it either. Good luck fishing.

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2008, 06:05 AM »
yeah im gunna throw all my stuff in my truck and go scoutin today!
Another crappie.........yay!

Offline 187fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2008, 12:34 PM »
i was only on a small lake today and the ice was white ice(kinda soft) but it was holding and no cracking bout 4-5 guys theres 5-6" but its not the best kind of ice... im fishing it and will continue although no luck today but it felt good to be on hardwater ;D ;D ;D

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 13, 2008, 02:28 PM »
i went fishing today... there was 3to4 inches of ice about 1 1/2 inches of good clear ice. there were probly 2 dozen guys out there. i didnt see ne body catch nething before i sat down. as soon as i sat down i was marking fish caught a couple. i wasnt impressed by the action so i went to scout a couple different lakes.

Offline akadad724

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 13, 2008, 04:30 PM »
went for a 150 mile lake check today from Alto up 66 to trufant checked at least 15 lakes not to many fishing most had 3-4 found a couple with up to 6 caught 8 nice gills. what a fun day. I can stp lonesing now and hoe the 2 day warm up doesn't take its toll on the ice. happy jiggin :)

Offline C P

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hold my beer and watch this
« Reply #6 on: Dec 14, 2008, 08:46 AM »
Went out this morning in the rain...the ice seemed to be holding up fine, all the snow was melted and it was real slick but there was still 3-4 inches of good ice. I think ice is goin to be fine as long as it freezes in the next day or two.
I caught a fish once! 

TEAM MITTEN

"EDITED"

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 14, 2008, 09:10 AM »
Went out this morning in the rain...the ice seemed to be holding up fine, all the snow was melted and it was real slick but there was still 3-4 inches of good ice. I think ice is goin to be fine as long as it freezes in the next day or two.

nights will be cold so ice will  be good as new come wed or thurs.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.