The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: devils lake in lenawee county  (Read 2457 times)

Offline ohiowoody

• IceShanty Rookie
devils lake in lenawee county
« on: Dec 19, 2007, 07:43 PM »
 ???how come when anyone asks about devils or round lake in lenawee county, no one ever answers?  doesn't any body fish these lakes or is it so good a fishing that it's a big secret?

Offline Howie Ketchdem

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • " I thought you were bringing the bait"
Re: devils lake in lenawee county
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2007, 08:30 PM »
Definetly not rediculously good fishing, and actually alot of people fish that lake thats probably why no one comments on it, there are fish to be caught in the lake but its hard to fish and is a late freezer, still wide open in the middle and only 2.5-3 inches in the coves, use to be good panfish lake until they put thw walleyes in. i heard guys say that lake was outstanding for gills before the eyes were introduced. old timer told me when they put the walleye in the ones you caught were packed with 1"bluegills, he said up to 50 little gills in each walleye, i have fished this lake many times with little sucsess, had one good day i can think of while fishing gills caught a limit of 7-8 inchers, and the funny thing is the walleye are hard as heck to catch in that lake ive tried and tried for years and cant catch them with any regularity. one here one there but never a good string, hope this helps...Mickey-
"DUDE Where'd my rod GO!!"

FLAAAAAAGGGGGG!!!!

Offline Howie Ketchdem

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2007, 09:15 PM »
Oh sorry forgot to tell ya bout round lake, it is a public lake with an acsess but there is no parking aloud at the acsess the cops will come and make you move it i know this for fact...LOL, but now my buddies dad has a house on the lake and i can park in his driveway but i dont ice fish it, just in the summer for bass, never really seen a good panfish come out of that lake and they only stocked 1000 walleye in that lake in 1994 so not the best walleye lake, some fish im sure migrated from devils but i have not caught one in round, but is decent bass fishing in summer but make sure to hit it on the week days cause its a mad house on the weekend...

FLAAAAAAGGGGGG!!!!

Offline ohiowoody

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2007, 10:56 PM »
i always see a lot of shanties on devils by the end of sandy beach road.   
as far as round lake, i've got a spot to park there, but you're right about  the  access, if you can call it that.
i've fished round a few times and everybody kinda bunches together in one spot.
my point of the question was to try and get someone to admit that there was ice on the lakes. especially round.  i used to have someone that fished it a lot and i could call him and get an ice report.  the last couple of years, i've  asked several times on here and always get zero response.  hate to drive 50 miles and find no ice or unsafe ice. or conditions that would prohibit getting out. when my friend was there, he kinda kept an eye on things and would call me if he thought i get my hardsided off or he would tow it to shore.  now i've moved on to a small pull over and don't use the hardside
much any more unless i 'm sure i can leave it out for a few weeks.       should sell the hardside.  too hard to get out, but is comfortable.

Offline Howie Ketchdem

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2007, 11:26 PM »
did you get that p/m woody

FLAAAAAAGGGGGG!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.