The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Thieves  (Read 3114 times)

Offline motocross269

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Thieves
« Reply #30 on: Jan 03, 2017, 11:19 AM »
I checked out my insurance and was glad to see I was paying for comprehensive, which covers the theft. What I was not glad to see was that it is a $1000 deductible lol.

That is the same thing I ran into.....I ended up getting about 300 bucks from the insurance company on a 1300 dollar loss....It wasn't worth it...I started calling around for price quotes when my insurance went up and every single company had it on record that I had made a claim within the last 5 years....First claim I have ever made on my homeowners in over 30 years of paying....What a scam...Your best bet is to just run a high deductible and only claim a major loss...The insurance companies are going to get their money on way or another..

Offline rp dog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Jan 03, 2017, 05:28 PM »
Send me a PM of your name and address and I'll send you some hooks to get started with.

Offline OneMoreFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 03, 2017, 05:49 PM »
Send me a PM of your name and address and I'll send you some hooks to get started with.

Appreciate your offer man, but I couldn't take your gear! I'll pick up a few Hali jigs and I have one tackle box that was with my vex full of bobber set ups for crappie. Had a few older poles I dug out of my kids room and got them lined up today. I'll be back at it in no time!

Offline rp dog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Jan 03, 2017, 05:55 PM »
K just don't let these idiots steal your fun. I build my own so no big deal to me.

Offline OneMoreFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 03, 2017, 06:00 PM »
K just don't let these idiots steal your fun. I build my own so no big deal to me.

No chance! I might be "that guy" who fishes out of the holes you just cut 10 minutes ago until I grab another auger but it's all good  ;D The thing that makes me the most mad that they got was my striker coat though!

Offline Snoman2005

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG UP!!!
« Reply #35 on: Jan 03, 2017, 06:02 PM »
That sucks!  Keep an eye out on Craigslist and ebay.

Offline OneMoreFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Jan 03, 2017, 06:05 PM »
That sucks!  Keep an eye out on Craigslist and ebay.

Been watching like a hawk all day long. Took vacation this week to go do a bunch of fishing and now I'm fishing for leads on all my gear lol. Who woulda thought!

Offline WestSideAl8x8

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pants up, don't loot!
« Reply #37 on: Jan 03, 2017, 07:48 PM »
Sorry about your loss. We had some kids that were getting into cars at night in the neighborhood. I always locked mine, but my wife would forget. She had her GPS stolen and her chump change taken twice. They were not the brightest of thieves as they would hit on weekend nights. Guess mommy and daddy made them do their homework. I ended the problem by letting our full grown and very protective German Shepherd sleep in my wives car at night. Only took 2 weekends to wake up the next day with crap scattered all over our driveway (things they had stolen), and the door to the car partially opened. Never had another problem in the entire neighborhood after that.

Offline JoeLansing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Jan 03, 2017, 08:16 PM »
I don't have any spare gear you'd want.  I still use little Schooley plastic squeaker poles.  But I'd send you $20 to help you cover your loss.  PM me.
- Joe

Offline OneMoreFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Jan 03, 2017, 08:35 PM »
I don't have any spare gear you'd want.  I still use little Schooley plastic squeaker poles.  But I'd send you $20 to help you cover your loss.  PM me.
- Joe

No way man! Appreciate the offer though! I'm going to hold off a few days to see if I can recover my gear and If not I will start the rebuilding process. Thanks though, you guys are super generous!

silver on

« Reply #40 on: Jan 04, 2017, 05:17 AM »
Keep an eye out on Craig's list for your stuff being for sale. more than likely sporting goods. A friend of mine Had his Polaris sportsman 500 stolen right out of his yard while he was out back of his house working in broad
daylight. 1 month later he was browsing Craig's list and found it for sale. reported it and the piece of dung that stole it was arrested and he got his quad back.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.