The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Weirdest fishin storey....it's goota be true!  (Read 591 times)

Offline dgb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Gill Time!
Weirdest fishin storey....it's goota be true!
« on: Mar 07, 2009, 09:23 PM »
I have a few......but one that amazed me was when I was fishin for bass on Lake Wawasee, IN. I was texas riggin a worm on one of my favorite drops......had a bite and set the hook like Bill Dance..lol...thought I had a hog on but the truth was it was in the weeds when I hooked it. Pulled it up to the boat and it was a 8 in warmouth..lol..On the side of his head was a plow jockie worm with some line hangin from it. Like always i pull fishin line from the water if I have the chance to trash it. Well keep pullin on that line...and felt some weight.....shortly thereafter I pulled a rod and reel from the bottom of the lake......that poor fish was hooked to a rod on the bottom of the lake and was it his lucky day or was it mine.....I think it was proabaly his still.... can't believe it. How would a fish that small pull someone's rod overboard....or maybe they lost it and the fish bit later....will never know. Still laugh about it when I think of it! Let's here yours!

Offline SquirrelHunterJay

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Weirdest fishin storey....it's goota be true!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 07, 2009, 09:55 PM »
you should goto bass lake and try to catch the pike that is dragging my favorite ice fishing pole around the lake.  needless to saw i put my scoop or reel it in when im not watching the hole
Early to bed, early to rise, fish like heck and make up lies......

Offline SquirrelHunterJay

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 07, 2009, 11:20 PM »
Yeah wasnt very funny at the time, but it is now.  I guess we learn dont leave your line in the water when you go after a tip up
Early to bed, early to rise, fish like heck and make up lies......

Offline Ice Diva

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 08, 2009, 08:41 AM »
now that's funny.
Ice Diva
A.K.A
Here fishy fishy fishy!

Offline iceman_joe

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Git-r'-done
« Reply #4 on: Mar 08, 2009, 09:49 AM »
after the snow all melted and anything that was lost under the snow was uncovered. wew found a tip-up that was frozen to the ice, but we got ahold of the line using the back side of our scoopers and pulled up a dead pike.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.