Poll

How many lakes (bodies of water) do you usually icefish during a winter?

Only 1
2 or 3
4 to 6
7 to 10
11 to 15
16 or more

Author Topic: Poll - How many lakes (bodies of water) do you usually icefish during a winter?  (Read 3389 times)

Offline fish_finder

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I have 4 large lakes all within 5-15 minute drives from eachother that i mainly fish, also have one trout pond that i fish from time to time and one other pond for perch n pickerel
Theres only 3 seasons..open water, hunting and icefishing!

Offline chubking

• IceShanty Rookie
I fish in 4 states S.D. MN. WIS. IA. well over 50 places and the Mississppi river.CHUB KING
TEAM ICEHEAD

Offline scavengerj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warm hands, warm feet and tight lines!
Guess I should have added that I typically drive an hour and a half to two hours to get to the couple of lakes I fish. Just not alot of ice early in the year in my area so a drive is warranted. This year, instead of driving the roundtrip in one day, I am planning on staying in nearby hotels and making two day trips to a couple of the lakes. Would allow me to do some night fishing on the lakes too  ;D
DMS #525
AMSA #1102
OBPA
RFA #1053456E

Offline gatergetter

• IceShanty Rookie
only 2 main lakes, but we'll probably have to find a replacement for 1. The MN dnr
in all it's wisdom, wants to drain clear lake, to make a duck sancuary.

Offline bucketmouth

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Have an ice day!
I split most of my time between the Ottawa River (where my hardside sits) and Muskrat Lake which is about an hour and a bit away.  Also hit Mississippi Lake, Rideau River, Constance Lake, Clayton/Taylor Lake, and a handful of others that may or may not even warrant a visit each season... I also have a backroads mapbook of the SE of our province and take some roadtrips to cut holes in unfamiliar waters once in a while.

Icejunky, you have a PM.

Don

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
Over the course of the winter I usually fish 4-6 lakes.
I have one lake that I put the permanent shanty on, the other lakes I try to explore on the nice days.

WW

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Last season I fished 7 different bodies of water, most of the time being the Ottawa River and surrounding area.

Dog is an awesome lake to fish IceJunky although I have only had a chance to see the summer scenery. Some really BIG slab-o's in there :) ;)
Andrew

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.