Poll

How many lakes (bodies of water) do you usually icefish during a winter?

Only 1
2 or 3
4 to 6
7 to 10
11 to 15
16 or more

Author Topic: Poll - How many lakes (bodies of water) do you usually icefish during a winter?  (Read 3388 times)

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Are you a traveler or not?
Ken                                          

Offline polarfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ICE ICE BABY
i want to go to other loacl lakes but never got around to it. the fishing was toooo good on my lake

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
I have 4 standard lakes that I fish each year, (Bay of Quinte, Jack's Lake, Dickey Lake, Dog Lake) but I try to mix in one or two new lakes as well...last year was simcoe for a overnight trip and this year it will be up in the Haliburton region

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
I have 6 bodies of water here in Western New York that I fish.  They are Braddock bay (first in the are to get ice), Honeoye Lake, Conesus lake, Canadice lake, Hemlock lake and Irondequoit bay.

Offline hard_water

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • rippin lips all over NY
I have 4 lakes that i fish at least 2 or 3 times a year they are burden,glass,tsatsawassa, and queechy but i also fish a few only once a year unless its really good the first time im there like caroga, crooked,reichards,schnyders,tupper,long there are a bunch ive only ever been to once through the ice but i always plan on going back too.

water
GET THE NET !!!!!!!GET THE NET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
I try to get out at least 3 times a week. and at least 2 times a month it is out of town to different lakes. I live in western ma. and I will travel all over the state, Vermont, New York, and New Hampshire looking for a bigger pike. Yes I have a fishing problem!(((((FLAG))))) :tipup:
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline IceRover

• Team IceShanty Regular
Are you a traveler or not?
Yes, we sort of follow the conditions of the year. Some lakes have better access than others because of their shape, long, wide, etc;to the winds or just because they are used more and the paths are better packed down. The deeper lakes have some good green weeds and so forth, but most of all enjoy the scenery change. Yeah, the path of least resistance usually yields more enjoyment for us IMO. Definitely traveler.

Offline scavengerj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warm hands, warm feet and tight lines!
Being in the S.C. area of the state, ice is usually late getting here when we do get it, so that means I have to go where there is ice. Whether it is in the N.E/N.C/N.W. or whichever part(s) of the state have ice.
DMS #525
AMSA #1102
OBPA
RFA #1053456E

Offline perchking4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I have 4 main lakes I fish,(Glass lake, Crystal lake,Richards lake,and my buddy's privet pond). I try to get to at least 15 different lakes every year.

Offline flagrunner

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
   I have 4 lakes that i mainly fish, Indian,Long,Eaton, and Tupper Lake.Tupper is about 125 miles from home.

Offline kimball07

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • race,fish,and hunt
i hit as many as i can, usually more than 10, but mostly crystal, highland,

Offline jeepsw1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Zippo Outdoor pro-staff
I usually fish more than 16, I don't have what i consider a home or favorite lake, and have found good fishing at least a dozen lakes, and then there are always new lakes to explore.  Seeems like every year there is at least 1 or 2 that i didn't make it to.  I travel at least an  hour or more 1/2 the times i fish

Offline holeinhide

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • have ice will fish!!
3 lakes in my local area (if they get safe ice) and one long range trip.

Offline mmb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "What do you do with all the ice you catch?"
Last year I was on three, but this year I hope to make it to at least 6 different lakes.

With Lake Saint Helen, Higgins Lake and Houghton Lake within an hour drive, I should make some time to get out and about.

Offline Master Angler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 10" Hole = Less tales of the big one that got away
I have 6 that I fish mostly, and within a half hour drive, 2 within 5 min., 1 at 10 min, 1 at 15 min., and 2 at 30 min.  So i don't travel much.  I do fish up to 10-12 lakes per year, but usually only once a season for half of them.  I do make one long range trip (3 hr drive) at last ice for afew days. 

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
My pattern is pretty well set after 20 years of ice fishing. I live in Beacon, NY and travel to Warren Co. to fish regularly Loon Lake, Lake George and an unnamed small reservoir. Very occassionally, not even annually, I will ice fish on southern lake Champlain. Closer to home I have really just 2 reservoirs that I bother going to - the West Branch res. in Carmel, NY and the Amawalk res. in Somers, NY. So my answer is 6.
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I have three primary lakes that offer up limits most days, but I also like to hit some bigger waters like St Claire and Erie or Huron for different species. Then I make it a point to explore at least two new locations a year and then hit a few others that are hit or miss.

RL

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
i uasually fish 2 lakes but with the price of gas alot of lakes are closer to home i fish wilhelm- arthur -hereford manor -marshall -north park -pymy-cranberry glade-conneaut-black moshannon-  mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline baldy

• Team IceShanty Regular
In New Mexico, my choices are limited.  I usually fish 1 here and make a couple trips to Colorado to fish with Dad at a couple lakes.

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
How many lakes I fish has a lot to do with how cold it gets in the southeast. The closest big lake to me is 35 min. away, and when (if) she gets tight there usually isn't any reason to burn more gas. I like to get up to Promised Land and Shohola early on, and late as well. Sometimes I'll hit Scotts, Hopewell, or Antetiem, depending on conditions. So, three on a slow season, probably six on a good ice year.

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Length 47 3/4 " Girth 24" NY Northern Pike
I have 2 lakes I fish just about every week and they are Delta Lake and 4th Lake of the fulton chain of lakes, usually I sneak a couple new spots to try every year.
TeamNumbnutts on youtube ... Subscribe !
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=teamnumbnutts&sm=3

Offline Sven936

• Team IceShanty Addict
Last year was about 20 different lakes.....    A couple were regular, but I fished a lot of different lakes.

Offline fishfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline crappiekid24

• Team IceShanty Regular
I fished 2 last year and plan to hit more this year.

Offline pickeral boy

• Team IceShanty Regular
10 to 15.

Offline sticks

• Team IceShanty Addict
I was only able to hit 4 different lakes and ponds last year, but im hoping to be able to hit a few more this year including, Crystal lake, Bryant Pond, Highland, Sebago, Otter Ponds, and Panther Pond. I'll probably try a few days trips out a little farther away from home.  Let me know if your interested in hookin up and hitting a body of hardwater this winter.
                                                   Sticks

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
normally only fish 2-3 lakes. mainly because i know how to catch the fish out on moraine. Im still struggling on catching fish out on north park you might have to help me out mofish. i only live 5 minutes away and still havnt been able to pull bass through the ice on a good basis

Offline pike4some

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GIT R DONE
Lake Menomin
Lake George
Bone Lake
Big Round
Clam Lake
Yellow Lake
Diamond Lake

Offline Pike Dude

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lets see, when the ice is a little sketchy i jump back and fourth between 4-5 small lakes/ponds. When we have some decent ice I mix it up between Lake Champlaine/Bomossen/Glen Lake..........But, as of now there is no ice in sight! :-( C'MON COLD!!!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
7 lakes...highland...upp erwoods...lowerwoods.. white lake..lake huntington...sandy pond..2 privite..1 river the delaware...couple of small ponds too...... ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.