Author Topic: Has anyone tried this place for auger blade sharpening???  (Read 907 times)

Offline pike4some

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GIT R DONE

Have any of you tried this place www.iceaugers.com (Hulls Ice Auger Sharpening) for getting your Auger blades sharpened. They state that they can sharpen any type of blade. Some blades will stay sharp longer than others ( pending on the type of metal used tp make blades) They charge only 9.95 which includes shipping back to you. You will have you blades back in 2 weeks from the time they get them. You also get your blades back (Which is kinda a plus for me I like to get my own stuff back). The price seems decent compared to other places at twice the price. example - strike master for a mora 2000 blade 14.95 + 5.95 sh

What do you guys think???

Where do the rest of you get yours sharpened at.

Offline backatit

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Has anyone tried this place for auger blade sharpening???
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2007, 05:59 PM »

Offline pike4some

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GIT R DONE
« Reply #2 on: Nov 11, 2007, 06:16 PM »
Thanks for the info. After looking at it I remembered it. I even added to it also. I must not have checked back on that one or I am going crazy.

I see you are from Ellsworth where do you do most of your Ice fishing.

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2007, 02:49 PM »
I have a local saw shop that does mine for $6.00.      I have two sets so when one gets dull I trade them around and have the other set sharpened.

Offline backatit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 14, 2007, 10:03 AM »
Thanks for the info. After looking at it I remembered it. I even added to it also. I must not have checked back on that one or I am going crazy.

I see you are from Ellsworth where do you do most of your Ice fishing.

Fish all over.  Seeing as there isn't any lakes around Ellsworth (unless we go down to the Mississippi and back waters) we have to head North.  Some of the lakes we fished last year were:

Polk County
Big Round, Little Blake, Bone, Wapogasset, Cedar, Magnor, Loveless, Balsam

Barron County
Staples, Scott, Crystal

St Croix County
Pine

Pierce
Lake George (Spring Valley Dam)

Probably a few more but my mind is going blank.  Never tried Menomonie area but would like to some day.  Maybe if I get a chance to get up there I'll PM you and see where to to go.

Offline pike4some

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GIT R DONE
« Reply #5 on: Nov 15, 2007, 08:49 PM »
We did good on big round last year. Usually fish spring Valley couple of times each winter. Havn't fished pine lake since I was in high school. Loveless I tried a couple of years ago. I got switched to a 12 hr shift now so I get more days off each month so I might get to go to some more of these lakes a little more

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.