Author Topic: IceTeam Forums  (Read 3203 times)

Offline Iceman Cometh

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Walker
IceTeam Forums
« on: Nov 10, 2007, 12:16 AM »
I've been a IceTeam member for years, but I have to say that IceShanty is starting to far outshine their website. I know I'm asking for info on a "competeing" site, but do any of you guys happen to know what happened to their forums page this year and how do you get to it?
"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite." --- William Blake

"There are things known and things unknown...in between are THE DOORS." --- Jim Morrison

Offline IceholeFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: IceTeam Forums
« Reply #1 on: Nov 10, 2007, 12:55 AM »
ATTN MODERATORS....BEFORE YOU DELETE OR ALTER THIS POST, PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS POST IN NO WAY IS PROMOTING ANY OTHER WEB SITE OR FORUM. JUST STATING A SIMPLE FACT THAT ICE SHANTY IS BY FAR OUT IN FRONT OF THE OTHERS WHEN IT COMES TO ICE FISHING INFO AND COMMUNICATION BETWEEN MEMBERS.
THANK YOU.

If your talking about Ice Team, they will no longer support a forum. I sent them an email and the response
was that it was too expensive and time consuming to continue to support a forum. They are not going to have one any more. In the mean time, Ice Shanty continues to grow. This is the place for you to be anyway. I, like you, spend my time on more then one fishing site, but 90 percent of it is on Ice Shanty. I think I have only been on IT maybe twice since they changed their format.
May ol man winter blow a cool breeze up your shorts!

Offline Iceman Cometh

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Walker
« Reply #2 on: Nov 10, 2007, 01:18 AM »
IceHoleFisherman,
 Thank you for your post to the moderators. Like you said I'm not promoting another site(and thank you for reminding that is a "no-no"). Far from it-I think that did it for me now to go to that "other" site. The info from the members on this site has always been outstanding(and everyone else too!) and the number of message board categories is incredible compared to other sites.
"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite." --- William Blake

"There are things known and things unknown...in between are THE DOORS." --- Jim Morrison

Offline Hard stuff

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 10, 2007, 10:33 AM »
Try the Fishyspot.com for Trap attack talk

IS by far the best  ;D

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #4 on: Nov 10, 2007, 03:37 PM »
Ice shanty is the best, no other site has this much TRUE information on it

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 10, 2007, 03:39 PM »
For all IceTeam related information as far as Trap Attacks and other info...check out

..com  ;)
Andrew

Offline munchy71

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 10, 2007, 06:48 PM »
Actually, isn't the TA info at

Here

???

-Munchy
Rod Woten

Offline polarfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ICE ICE BABY
« Reply #7 on: Nov 10, 2007, 07:19 PM »
ice shanty.com is the best ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 10, 2007, 07:28 PM »
Actually, isn't the TA info at

Here

???

-Munchy

Yes, there too ;)
Andrew

Offline P.I.K.E.

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 37 inch pike
« Reply #9 on: Nov 10, 2007, 07:31 PM »

Agreed.

You get honest opinions from both sides no matter what you're discussing. At IT if you weren't in their clique or a fan boy of the site sponsors it made it difficult for many people. Not all, but for many.
Just waiting for the hardwater.

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 10, 2007, 07:51 PM »
Rod your right on that but beings theirs no forum anymore theirs been a mighration for that part to     the fish spot.  But IS is #1.

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Nov 10, 2007, 08:25 PM »
Can someone tell me why these people are asking about a different ice fishing site on this one? As far as I am conserned this is the best one going. I have made lots of friends and new fishing buddies, also learned a few new things. I was a member of a different one a few years ago and some of the people were rude when I asked a question and some were helpful, But on Iceshanty everyone was nice and helpful and still are.(((((FLAG))))) :tipup:
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline IceholeFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Nov 10, 2007, 08:32 PM »
Agreed.

You get honest opinions from both sides no matter what you're discussing. At IT if you weren't in their clique or a fan boy of the site sponsors it made it difficult for many people. Not all, but for many.

Thats part of the problems I saw also. There were some people that would post mis-information and some flat out lies about products that were not part of the site sponsors. At Ice Shanty, you can voice your opinion on a product, and not have to worry about being attacked. I like that. If I post something that isn't totally correct, someone here will correct me or give a different view with dignity and a degree of respect. I like that.
If I see a mistake on a post, I try to give the same respect for the poster and try to make a correction or just a different view. I hope you like that.

Offline IceholeFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Nov 10, 2007, 08:39 PM »
Can someone tell me why these people are asking about a different ice fishing site on this one? As far as I am conserned this is the best one going.

Well its like this. A smart person will get information from more then one source. I get on more then 1 (more then 5 actually) websites to get information. I always end up here on Ice Shanty though. Usually 3 or 4 times a day.  I like the format, the information, and best of all, the people.

Offline P.I.K.E.

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 37 inch pike
« Reply #14 on: Nov 11, 2007, 02:38 AM »
Good posts icehole. I agree completely with you.  :tipup:
Just waiting for the hardwater.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15 on: Nov 11, 2007, 09:12 AM »
Ya go to the others  to grab info  and share it here in the place that counts     even if you get Bit--d at by a moderator for stealling thier stuff to add to this great wealth of info    Post it on the internet as I see it    its public domain!!!!!!!
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Nov 11, 2007, 09:13 AM »
OK...IceShanty's the best. Maybe we should have another thread dedicated to see how many people think IS is #1  ::) ??? :whistle:

I hope your question was answered Iceman Cometh...Any other info you need just shoot me a PM ;)

Andrew

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Nov 11, 2007, 03:12 PM »
I liked the Iceteam froums site. Regardless of what anybody says your opinion was definatly accepted and you could report bad products and etc. I never had any problems on that site and I would still like it to be up and running. I was a member on Iceshanty before Iceteam forums though. If you want to talk about a site where opinions are NOT wanted and bad reports of products are NOT welcome, head over to Iceleaders.

Iceshanty is a great site, the only one where I can get local reports on.

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Nov 12, 2007, 06:58 AM »
I like Ice Shanty the most for ice forums. I also post on ice leaders site, but have been banned a few times for posting a link to a website for cool stuff. You can't post links to anything in their forum without first getting permission.
jbird68

Offline Traxion

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #19 on: Nov 12, 2007, 07:33 PM »
I really enjoyed the IT site.  There were some serious hardcore fisherman there who really gave out good information.  IceShanty is great too just in different ways.  Like others said, I like to get info from lots of places.  Just stinks when one site disappears. 

Offline iceman_4432

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Nov 13, 2007, 11:23 AM »

I second this statement.  I am a member of alot of different sites and forums.  For ice fishing you cannot beat ICESHANTY.COM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.