Author Topic: Best Music on the Ice  (Read 8244 times)

Offline hollis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Best Music on the Ice
« Reply #30 on: Jan 20, 2007, 03:32 PM »
I agree with the quiet guys, Its amazing how far noise carries on the ice at times. I don't want to offend someone with my choice of music and prefer quiet and hear things like snow falling, ice crackling  or a crow cawing in the distance. I don't even bring my gas auger out unless the ice is very thick (I have 2 Nils hand augers)
IF I didn't feel the need for music, I would keep it just low enough for me to hear, If I needed loud music, I would get one of the headphones/ipods or wireless set ups.

Offline Deeker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 20, 2007, 04:37 PM »
I prefer the peace and quite myself while fishing(and I love music)...kinda like going to a campground, much rather listen to nature and the surroundings than someones radio blaring!! .....but hey everyones different eh!
   On the way home it could be anything from Classical Music to some good loud Metalica!!
  Anyone know who does that "Fish On" tune...been a few years and can't remember ??? Cypress Hill perhaps? About the 100 lb sturgeon on 20lb test blah blah blah.... excellent tune to hear on the way out! 
   Morning ride is usually Pink Floyd type traveling music.

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Jan 20, 2007, 04:41 PM »
I will bring a tiny radio and listen to NPR news Radio once in a while. I like to catch a Syracuse Basketball game once in a while while set up for the Crappie night bite!!
Other than that...I like mother nature!!

Offline coldbum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Jan 20, 2007, 05:00 PM »
Mostly the North Wind and that its the best tune going... but sometimes I do bring the Ipod and portaspeaker and tune in to some fine Grateful Dead jams!

Offline pike-perch01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 20, 2007, 06:43 PM »
the best music is the line screaming off your reel.music?are you fishing or at a concert?

Offline KJB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 20, 2007, 06:52 PM »
 :thumbsup:
kjb

Offline KJB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Jan 20, 2007, 06:54 PM »
 :thumbsup:
kjb

Offline littleoldlady

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Jan 20, 2007, 08:00 PM »
the best music is the line screaming off your reel.music?are you fishing or at a concert?
My sentiments, exactly..especially after today..drove 15 km. out across Cold Lake...set up...and up pulls a 4x4 with a couple of
kids young enough to be my grandchildren...and without a do-you-mind they opened their truck doors and cranked up the amps..GAWD...so Sweetie and I left..spun up to Tulliby Lake looking for walleye..and same thing...as well, a family of Snowmobilers, and four pickups pull up into the Narrows (the only place the walleye really bite) and start using it as a drag strip.  Now, I am a fairly reasonable Old Lady...but about then I started wondering where my rifle was...and I did start to get righteously grumpy.  If you want music on ice...bring an ipod and earphones...keep it private and respect  your neighbors. 
Winter is the time of year toward which all that has gone before
seems but a preparation....winter, a quiet acceptance of what is
to come....Sigurd F. Olsen

Offline fozsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Jan 20, 2007, 08:15 PM »
My sentiments, exactly..especially after today..drove 15 km. out across Cold Lake...set up...and up pulls a 4x4 with a couple of
kids young enough to be my grandchildren...and without a do-you-mind they opened their truck doors and cranked up the amps..GAWD...so Sweetie and I left..spun up to Tulliby Lake looking for walleye..and same thing...as well, a family of Snowmobilers, and four pickups pull up into the Narrows (the only place the walleye really bite) and start using it as a drag strip.  Now, I am a fairly reasonable Old Lady...but about then I started wondering where my rifle was...and I did start to get righteously grumpy.  If you want music on ice...bring an ipod and earphones...keep it private and respect  your neighbors. 

AMEN, Ma'am!  :clap:

The early bird might get the worm but the second mouse will always get the cheese...

Offline BlackVelvet

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Let's get Jiggy wit it
« Reply #39 on: Jan 20, 2007, 08:30 PM »
Acoustic Blues always has been successfull. Try to find a typical diatonic major scale incorporating a flat or bent 3rd. Amplified electric blues remains a favorite draw for deep-water pike when it follows the 12-bar blues progression. But for overall species success, nothing beats James Brown!
everytime I go fishing I'm successfull...and sometimes, I catch fish.

Offline vermonner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take me to your icefishing leader
« Reply #40 on: Jan 20, 2007, 09:35 PM »
  Anyone know who does that "Fish On" tune...been a few years and can't remember ??? Cypress Hill perhaps? About the 100 lb sturgeon on 20lb test blah blah blah.... excellent tune to hear on the way out! 
   Morning ride is usually Pink Floyd type traveling music.
Believe it was Primus
And don't forget their tune John the fisherman...

The employment of effort, hard work, time, and energy put in locating fish will offend noone.

Offline algoneida

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Jan 20, 2007, 11:12 PM »
when i fish alone i bring my ipod..... listen to blues and rock...maybe some judas priest to keep me moving and warm....black sabbath...deep purple...  :bow: 

Offline Deeker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Jan 20, 2007, 11:39 PM »
 Thanks Vermonner.. yes Primus!! Great tune.   

Offline vermonner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take me to your icefishing leader
« Reply #43 on: Jan 21, 2007, 06:44 AM »
My name is mud! 8)
I saw an outdoor show one time where Les Claypool was fly fishing--he uses it to decompress from his crazy life as a rockstar (the poor feller, all that money, all those women, you have to produce 1 album a year--- I wouldn't need to decompress I'd be asking for more).  I wonder if he icefishes?

The employment of effort, hard work, time, and energy put in locating fish will offend noone.

Offline hardh2ofish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Jan 21, 2007, 08:53 AM »
The only music i like on the ice is the sound if the ice popping and cracking.  The chunking your cleats make when the temps are cold and the ice is strong.  The soft conversation of friends sharing the moments and the fishing stories of days gone by.  The 'thwump' you hear when a tipup flag goes off right behind you and it yours because your the closest.  The joyfull cries the kids along make when they catch somethin or the yelps when the tipup lines burn thier hands and the laughter shared when they pull thier first big pike up the hole. And the solem vows to not do that again without gloves.

Fishing should be the exercise of your skills- and its rewards the places it brings you to
                                                                           Negley Farson
Going Fishing

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Jan 21, 2007, 11:31 AM »
yanni
My brothers second wifes first husband was Yannis brother, seriously....
OK- tough to follow? My brother, Bruce, was married to Mary, her first husband was Yannis brother.
PS- I like country on the ice- Brad Paisley, Jason Aldean, Craig Morgan, King George

Offline winchester 88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Jan 21, 2007, 09:30 PM »
Name dropper ;D
Has the rain a father?
Or who has begotten the drops of dew?
From whose womb comes the ice?
And the frost from heaven,who gives it birth?
By the breath of God ice is given and the broad waters are frozen.
The waters harden like stone and the surface of the deep is frozen.

The book of Job.

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Jan 21, 2007, 09:34 PM »
Heres the funny thing about the Yanni deal, they were married in 1993, divorced in 2002 or so, I found out about her being Yannis sister in law just last year.  :-\

Offline canoesota

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Got my mojo working"
« Reply #48 on: Jan 22, 2007, 11:14 PM »
We bring a small portable radio for the occasional hockey or football game. We listen to music in the truck before and after we fish. Often Greatfull Dead for some reason, I guess its a tradition.

Offline tilted

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #49 on: Jan 23, 2007, 06:36 PM »
Nothing wrong with Jerry, we upgraded to the sirius sattelite portable last year. No more am radio picking up only Canadian stations when I'm in Maine. No offense to the Canadians but I don't speak French.
Burn Baby Burn!!!!

Offline AirManCam

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All hail to the King!!
« Reply #50 on: Jan 23, 2007, 06:37 PM »
Metal, is the only way to go.
15lb mono pike fisherman...WHATS UP!

Offline smitty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Jan 23, 2007, 09:12 PM »
OLD van halen... the end

smitty :tipup:

Offline chowdah

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Jan 23, 2007, 09:34 PM »
Norah Jones can make any day better. Even on the ice.

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Jan 23, 2007, 09:52 PM »
Country

Offline eye hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Jan 23, 2007, 10:03 PM »
For me it's the music my line makes just before it snaps under the weight of a big pike that just swallowed the 12 inch perch I was reelin in.   ;D

Offline pipes18079

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #55 on: Jan 23, 2007, 10:36 PM »
ninety% country maybee a little lennon throughn in there too

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #56 on: Jan 24, 2007, 07:44 AM »
When people start fishing too close to our shanty we like to pop in Ted Nugent and blast the stereo. They usually don't stick around long.  ;D
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #57 on: Jan 24, 2007, 11:12 AM »
Nugent ....Intencities In Ten Cities !!!

Offline icecold

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Strictly catch and eat
« Reply #58 on: Jan 24, 2007, 11:42 AM »
I like the quiet, but I think anything you want as long as you keep the volume low and not try and force it on everyone else on the ice or off.  If you like it loud bring your headset.

tip up tip down but for sure tip a few

Offline madporider

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #59 on: Jan 24, 2007, 11:48 AM »
classic rock maybe a little johnny cash hank or dwight yokam also got to listen to MR. Thorogood (great drinkin music)
give a man a fish and feed him for a day teach a man to fish and his wife will hate you for the rest of her life

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.