Author Topic: Whats your best excuse TO GET wife to LET out icefishing?  (Read 9151 times)

Offline Bluefinforme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Whats your best excuse TO GET wife to LET out icefishing?
« Reply #60 on: Jan 08, 2007, 02:47 PM »
Divorce
lol....I was gonna say a beating  ;D

Offline sqwerty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Jan 08, 2007, 03:20 PM »
I'd tell her I'm not a whipped b@#$*......later going fishin

Offline Wellsy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch and Release...keep only what you need.
« Reply #62 on: Jan 08, 2007, 03:40 PM »
Who needs an excuse!!!!!!
If I stay home and miss one trip to satisfy her then I'll have to start doin the same dam thing for all my girlfriends too >:D
Just kiddin, but she knows better than to tell me I need permission......it's all about letting them know ahead of time.
Every new years eve at 12:01 I let her know I'll be fishing every weekend all year. ;D

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
« Reply #63 on: Jan 08, 2007, 03:46 PM »
I just do things to anoy her until she says shouldn't you go fishing to get out of the house.  Works every time.

Offline dabber-doo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dreaming about big gills and crappies !!!
« Reply #64 on: Nov 04, 2007, 09:06 PM »
I just do things to annoy her until she says shouldn't you go fishing to get out of the house.  Works every time.
LMao works for me too. Either that or start and argument with her. Then pretend your so mad at her and tell her I got to get out of here I'm going fishing. lol works everytime  ;D ;D ;D
I've was on the ice and fishing Nov. 23rd 2008 and don't plan on stopping tell spring breakup 2009 !!!!

Offline XUSMC

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Nov 04, 2007, 09:15 PM »
Mine goes with me.  She has a blast.  I think she might even like to do it a little more than I do.

She helps drag the gear out, takes her own fish off (if they haven't swallowed the hook) and baits her own hook.  I'm a lucky man!

Offline dabber-doo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dreaming about big gills and crappies !!!
« Reply #66 on: Nov 04, 2007, 09:22 PM »
yes u r
I've was on the ice and fishing Nov. 23rd 2008 and don't plan on stopping tell spring breakup 2009 !!!!

Offline rich81

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #67 on: Nov 04, 2007, 09:27 PM »
No chains, no problem :)

Give and take, fellas. Simple as that. Hard lesson learned :)

absolutely. i take my girls 95% of the time anyway so its never a big deal and my wife likes to fish and drink beer to so its a win win situation.  give and take

Offline lotwfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Nov 05, 2007, 10:10 AM »
in the morning whisper in their ear...fishing or sex......get to go fishing most of the time!!! hahahaha

Offline BJ

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAAAAGGGGG!!!
« Reply #69 on: Nov 05, 2007, 10:21 AM »
Real icefishermen dont need an excuse to fish!! :flex: Well gotta run fellas, have to finish the laundry and make the beds before the wife gets home!!! :o

Offline Turkeyhunter10ga

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #70 on: Nov 05, 2007, 10:33 AM »
in the morning whisper in their ear...fishing or sex......get to go fishing most of the time!!! hahahaha

Now where have i heard that before?
Oh , there it is , last post back on page 2 and i said it    LOL

Offline Fish_Tko

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #71 on: Nov 05, 2007, 11:21 AM »
I just ask her : Do you want to eat perch tonight?
She says: Do we have any in the freezer?
I say: No, but i will be back around dark with some. :D
Later
There is only one theory about angling in which I have perfect confidence, and this is that the two words, least appropriate to any statement, about it, are the words "always" and "never."

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #72 on: Nov 05, 2007, 11:28 AM »
These stories are too bad, so sad.

Wife:   Well if your friend ain't here in the next five minutes we are just gonna leave him a note cause I am not going to fight for good tip-up locations and we will be on the ice before all the idiots arrive!!! F him if he can't be here on time!!!!

So to say, who needs an excuse? :-\

Offline scavengerj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warm hands, warm feet and tight lines!
« Reply #73 on: Nov 05, 2007, 11:52 AM »
She likes to go as much as I do, so it is usually both of us trying to figure out where WE want to go  :)
DMS #525
AMSA #1102
OBPA
RFA #1053456E

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #74 on: Nov 05, 2007, 11:58 AM »
heck ...this is easy....i just bug her & get all friskey..pitch alittle woo..   ;)    she gets pee'd off and tells me to go somewhere...     anywhere.... ;D... any of youse guy's freashly married will be able to do this soon... try it ..it works..... :laugh:   ps it helps to be married for at least 7 years.... ::) ::)

Offline Fish_Tko

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Nov 05, 2007, 12:02 PM »
We enjoy summer fishing together and plenty of other activities, ice fishing and deer hunting is shared with the boys and hunting camp.
There is only one theory about angling in which I have perfect confidence, and this is that the two words, least appropriate to any statement, about it, are the words "always" and "never."

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #76 on: Nov 05, 2007, 12:10 PM »
heck ...this is easy....i just bug her & get all friskey..pitch alittle woo..   ;)    she gets pee'd off and tells me to go somewhere...     anywhere.... ;D... any of youse guy's freashly married will be able to do this soon... try it ..it works..... :laugh:   ps it helps to be married for at least 7 years.... ::) ::)

After 21 years of marriage we still hunt and fish together every chance we get! ;)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #77 on: Nov 05, 2007, 12:58 PM »

After 21 years of marriage we still hunt and fish together every chance we get! ;)
dang rl....i'm only 6 behind ya in years married...me & wifezilla both agree that every good marraige requires alittle separation..... ;) ;D :laugh:

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #78 on: Nov 05, 2007, 01:43 PM »
dang rl....i'm only 6 behind ya in years married...me & wifezilla both agree that every good marraige requires alittle separation..... ;) ;D :laugh:

After 21 years and no kids ever, we still cannot get enough of each others time. We complain about not having enough time together all the time. Even though we bowl, golf, fish, hunt, camp, garden, snorkel, play pool, drink, watch Pistons, Lions, Tigers and Wings together every night they are televised if we do not go in person etc... we still do not get enough time together.

Thats why we consider ourselves BEST FRIENDS and husband/wife!

No seperation time needed in this relationship.  ;)

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #79 on: Nov 05, 2007, 02:46 PM »
After 21 years and no kids ever, we still cannot get enough of each others time. We complain about not having enough time together all the time. Even though we bowl, golf, fish, hunt, camp, garden, snorkel, play pool, drink, watch Pistons, Lions, Tigers and Wings together every night they are televised if we do not go in person etc... we still do not get enough time together.

Thats why we consider ourselves BEST FRIENDS and husband/wife!

No seperation time needed in this relationship.  ;)

I bet you caught a 65 pound pike last winter too.  You would have pictures but you dropped the camera down the hole. Right???

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Giera

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #80 on: Nov 05, 2007, 03:18 PM »
I bet you caught a 65 pound pike last winter too.  You would have pictures but you dropped the camera down the hole. Right???

Better yet, the wife is on this site ;D And yes, we do have pics. I will post one from two weeks ago in gale force conditions that she insisted going out on at 5:30 AM to catch Walleye. We only caught Bass, but it was better than nothing. The pic is in a cove, so it is hard to see the 15" whitecaps we weathered in the coleman crawdad with a trolling motor that died battling the waves for 7 hours of trolling.  ;)

These are the only two photos in photo bucket for now, but I am sure she will have many more to post soon enough. You will see Steelhead, Salmon, Walleye, Burbot, Gills, Bass etc...Dorado and Wahoo at 51" apiece etc...

RL

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #81 on: Nov 05, 2007, 03:50 PM »
Nice pics.  I was just giving you a hard time.  I seen enough of your other posts on this site to believe your telling the truth.  That is awesome you guys have something you can do together. 

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Giera

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #82 on: Nov 05, 2007, 03:53 PM »
Nice pics.  I was just giving you a hard time.  I seen enough of your other posts on this site to believe your telling the truth.  That is awesome you guys have something you can do together. 

Ladies like Trout Godess, Nymph and the wife truly are special. Thanks for the post!!

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #83 on: Nov 05, 2007, 09:12 PM »
No excuse / reason needed.  I tell her I'm going and ask her if she wants to go.  More often then not I go alone, but she does enjoy it providing it isn't "too cold" or I'm leaving "too early".  If I would try the sex or fish scenario, I'd not get on the ice till noon !!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.