Author Topic: Whats your best excuse TO GET wife to LET out icefishing?  (Read 9153 times)

Offline fishfearme

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Whats your best excuse TO GET wife to LET out icefishing?
« Reply #30 on: Jan 03, 2007, 01:47 PM »
My wife will fish out of our boat in the summer, but she wont go out on the ice during the winter.

Same here but I usually receive a phone call in the afternoon to see how the fishing is going.If I am not fishing to far away she will normally offer to bring food and or beer out to us.I have never needed an excuse nor offered one.She will start asking on Wednesday to see if I am going on the weekend..........who is going to say no??? :tipup:

Dave

Offline mcwoody

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #31 on: Jan 03, 2007, 02:53 PM »
when we have ice, this is the scenario on a weekly basis

Monday - wife asks "you out fishing this weekend?
              me "uhhhhh OK".
for whatever reason I have to think about it!!!!

Offline johnnyrottendadto4

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 03, 2007, 04:54 PM »
 Fishing is the only thing that makes winter bearable, she knows this, she is usually asking if Im going the night before. Besides she likes to come along, she will fish for a bit and when she gets bored she takes off on her cross country skis for a while.
                                               John

Offline BillP

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 03, 2007, 06:05 PM »
I DONT HAVE A WIFE!!!!! but i dont have my licesne either im only 14 so i can go.. BUT I WE NEED HARDWATER!!!!!!
Fishing + Hunting + guitar = MY LIFE!!!!!

Fish on
Bill

Offline ggg7lazy77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Jan 03, 2007, 06:06 PM »
Go get a vasectomy :o.  After that is done, you can go sit on the ice for 2 days straight per orders from the doc! ;D

Offline dabber-doo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dreaming about big gills and crappies !!!
« Reply #35 on: Jan 03, 2007, 06:26 PM »
My wife actually went and bought herself some sorrels the other day....I asked her what they were for and she said so that she could go ice fishing with me.  :o

On the surface this sound ideallic. But we also have a daughter that I have hooked on fishing.  I have a two man portable and a nice heater.

Guess who's the one sitting outside on the ice with a five gallon bucket and a cold cup of coffee?  ???
Lmao ya better look in to a 3 seater soon ;D ;D ;D
I've was on the ice and fishing Nov. 23rd 2008 and don't plan on stopping tell spring breakup 2009 !!!!

Offline dabber-doo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Jan 03, 2007, 06:32 PM »
My wife will fish out of our boat in the summer, but she wont go out on the ice during the winter.
Since i work half a day on Sat and get Sundays off , i'll do what she needs to be done on Sat if possible and take Sunday for ice fishing IF she already hasnt got plans made. If and when we ever get ice again.
Since knowing she's not a mornin person and knowing that she already knows that i'm going fishing, i'll gently wake her at 4:30 or 5 am and ask - sex or fish?  Answer is always ( so far ) go fish and dress warm. ;)
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Sex or fish, Lmao i'll have to remember that one.
I've was on the ice and fishing Nov. 23rd 2008 and don't plan on stopping tell spring breakup 2009 !!!!

Offline dabber-doo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Jan 03, 2007, 06:38 PM »
I dont need an excuse, its HER that bugs ME to go!!!!!!!!  A keeper for sure!
Keeper or cheater ?? :-\ :-\ :-\

Offline jig-jig THUMP

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • IceFishinFool!
« Reply #38 on: Jan 03, 2007, 07:04 PM »
I just get that serious look on my face and tell her how it's gonna be, that I'm goin' fishin' or huntin' and if she don't like it then I don't need to see her for a few days.  Told her that last Tuesday and on Friday I could just barely make her out of my swollen left eye.

jjT

Happiness is watching the blip rise to the bait on my Vex!

Offline Ice_Ape

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Jan 03, 2007, 08:22 PM »
Don't usually have a problem going at all. It's just that dumb question she has ask's me everytime over the past 16 yrs. thats gets me in trouble sometimes....."What time are you gonna be home?" :o
Do you think there's hardwater in heaven?

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Jan 04, 2007, 10:39 AM »
If I needed to make an excuse, Id probably be getting a new wife. 

Offline jeepsw1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Zippo Outdoor pro-staff
« Reply #41 on: Jan 04, 2007, 10:46 AM »
won't be married till August, but right now, threatining to help her with the planning of the wedding seems to do alright.

(she doesn't like the idea of tuxedo t-shirts)

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #42 on: Jan 04, 2007, 12:57 PM »
About 34 years ago, I came home from work on Friday night and my wife told me that I was in the doghouse for the weekend for some dumb reason that I don't remember. I was working 12 hour days and wasn't ready to put up with a bunch of crap on the weekend. I threw some clothes in a bag and hooked my camper up. She asked me what I was doing and I said "I'm taking my doghouse to the mountains for the weekend." and pulled out  of the driveway. When I got home Sunday afternoon she was pretty mild and has figured out that if I want to go fishing, there are two choices, stay home or go along. In the summer she likes to go along.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

bigdave1018

« Reply #43 on: Jan 04, 2007, 02:22 PM »
im an ugly old oger at night and even worse in the am so the sex or fish works for me. any of you thats met me knows how true this statement is.

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Jan 04, 2007, 02:33 PM »
I usually get so cranky when I havn't been out, that she tells me to go because she knows its my therapy.

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Giera

Offline Midcoast

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Jan 04, 2007, 03:25 PM »
My   EX  Use to say no....  But now girlfriend packs the food while I pack the truck ;D
I still end up drilling all the wholes though :-\

Offline Cold-Foot

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • bound the bottom !!!
« Reply #46 on: Jan 04, 2007, 07:22 PM »
I put my maggies and wax worms in the refridge and tell the wife they need to stay in there to stay alive untill I can get out ice fishing and use them up. It ain't long before she says get them darn things out of my refridge !!! Then I go ice fishing  :) or I put my shanty up in the garage so she can't park in there. The wife will say (Get that thing out of the garage and do something with it) so I take it ice fishing  :)
a little jiggle never hurts

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Jan 04, 2007, 08:16 PM »
Great thinking Cold Foot ;)
I'm 38...no children...and no marriages...I let my girlfriend know in the begining of my sickness!
She didn't understand it until her third trip when it was minus 10deg.
Now, she shakes her head...I give her money to pass her boredom...I come home with dinner...she comes home with a new pair of shoes and a few ice fishing gadgets :P

Now she understands ;)

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #48 on: Jan 04, 2007, 08:55 PM »
Thirty eight is too young for marriage. Then again, thirty nine is too old.  :woot: :whistle: >:D

Offline jig-jig THUMP

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • IceFishinFool!
« Reply #49 on: Jan 05, 2007, 10:28 AM »
Hey Guys,
Be careful about taking her with you.  I had a cousin who took his wife deer hunting with him.  She ended up shooting him.  They said that he'd have lived if she hadn't gutted him.

jjT

Happiness is watching the blip rise to the bait on my Vex!

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #50 on: Jan 05, 2007, 10:41 AM »
Hey Guys,
Be careful about taking her with you.  I had a cousin who took his wife deer hunting with him.  She ended up shooting him.  They said that he'd have lived if she hadn't gutted him.

jjT

During my wife's first deer season she blew a hole in the roof of my pickup. The dang hole was on my side of the cab too.  ::) My brother-in-law said that it solved the problem of where to mount my CB antenna. The taxidermist said  the truck was too big to mount so I had the hole fixed. I was kinda upset and almost put the wife's tag on the tail pipe. She did Get her deer later though.  ;D ;)

Offline Colli2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Jan 06, 2007, 05:53 AM »
If you feel you need your wife's permission to go ice-fishing, you are one very sad Wuss-Man!

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Jan 06, 2007, 06:04 AM »
Not married. I don't have to ask. I just p#&s her off enough during the week that she is glad to see me go!

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #53 on: Jan 06, 2007, 06:19 AM »
it is easy!   remember they never forget ANYTHING!   So all that time working on the shack all summer she saw..... every trip to walmart  you were looking for the ice fishing equip she saw ya b***hing   "when they gonna put it out"......she saw you putting out outdoor thermomiters at every window  and you checking the temp   and grumble.........she came into the shack while your working on it and there you were with a fishing pole in your hand  checking the distances ( on dry land )  and saw how content you were.........    They know we are whacked maybe abit as Carlos says "dit dit dit"  so when you finally tell her you are headed for the ice shack on the lake she knows it is deeply therapy!  and even offers to go to the store for some beer and food for you to take so we will come out of it   lol    works every time!
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline jabers69

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #54 on: Jan 06, 2007, 07:53 AM »
Right now i dont need a excuse. Mine would be happy to get rid of me for a day or so .cause we got no Ice :'(and she tried of listing to me complain about it. But when we do have ice no prob she just happy I'm out of the house and not bugging her ;D
hook and cook

Offline ICU

• IceShanty Rookie
  • How Much Shaved Ice Do You Need!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #55 on: Jan 06, 2007, 09:01 AM »
what i do to go fishing. I wait till ice gets thick enough,then I grab a hammer and screw driver,walk around the house looking for something to fix .I say honey,i'll take a look and see if i can't fix that noise i hear comming from the washer.she can't get me into the car and off to the ice fast enough.The price of bait and a little gas is a lot cheaper than me trying to fix something. :D :D
Craig B;
Life is like chasing a chicken:
Sometimes you get the chicken,and sometimes you get the feathers.

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #56 on: Jan 06, 2007, 09:12 PM »
it is easy!   remember they never forget ANYTHING!   So all that time working on the shack all summer she saw..... every trip to walmart  you were looking for the ice fishing equip she saw ya b***hing   "when they gonna put it out"......she saw you putting out outdoor thermomiters at every window  and you checking the temp   and grumble.........she came into the shack while your working on it and there you were with a fishing pole in your hand  checking the distances ( on dry land )  and saw how content you were.........    They know we are whacked maybe abit as Carlos says "dit dit dit"  so when you finally tell her you are headed for the ice shack on the lake she knows it is deeply therapy!  and even offers to go to the store for some beer and food for you to take so we will come out of it   lol    works every time!
Very Nice...very depictive...looks like you are ahead of the rest of us on the Couth(sp) department :blink:

Offline bossman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • im all about settin hooks
« Reply #57 on: Jan 07, 2007, 04:54 PM »
Divorce
Its all about the good times.

Offline salmotrutta

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #58 on: Jan 07, 2007, 07:04 PM »
It's called the marriage bank.My brother n law has been living with us for 7 months.She owes me.Time to make a withdrawal from the bank.

Offline mcarolan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #59 on: Jan 08, 2007, 02:07 PM »
I talk to the brother in law and he always jumps at the chance to escape............ I blame him and i'm forrgiven. him on the other hand usually has to buy flowers!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.