Author Topic: Take your brother in law fishing and see this  (Read 3364 times)

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Take your brother in law fishing and see this
« Reply #30 on: Jan 27, 2022, 07:28 AM »
I like that reel, DAM QUICK and very well made. I have the next size up, 331N and it has never failed in over 40 years of regular use and just some minor oiling. I would love to find the smaller reel like you have.
I am right handed and cast with my right arm and reel with my left when spin fishing. I do find it rather awkward that my buddies who use bait caster rigs cast with their right arm and then switch the rod to their left hand and reel in with their right hands. I know they do make baitcaster reels with the handles on the left side which just seems more natural to me.
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline Ice_Fly_Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Jan 27, 2022, 10:09 PM »
My buddy who is an avid fisher, and has been his whole life, uses a spinning rod like that. Not only that, he usually has something broken or wrong with the rod he’s using, including not having enough line to cast. But all he does is wacky rig a senko and tosses it out there, then just sets the rod down (drops is actually) next to him on the floor of the boat and waits for a bite, like he’s fishing with live bait. Somehow, he always catches more bass than me when I’m actively fishing or even doing the exact same thing.

How many has he gut hooked compared to you? Wacky rigs are notorious for deep hooks, especially if you're not quick on the sweep.

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Jan 28, 2022, 01:17 AM »
How many has he gut hooked compared to you? Wacky rigs are notorious for deep hooks, especially if you're not quick on the sweep.

That’s another argument him and I have.  I gave him a few packs of inline circle hooks and some O rings, don’t think it’ll stick though.
But funny story related to that. So one time he did his thing, tossed it out there and chucked the rod to the bottom of the boat, and I was doing my usual with a a small jig head and gulp minnow. Well I caught a bass, reeled it in, took my jig out and saw another line coming out of the mouth. I slowly pulled it out, and out came his hook and worm, without hooking onto anything. I looked at him and said, “Dude, I caught your fish”

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.