Author Topic: trapping a problem beaver  (Read 727 times)

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
trapping a problem beaver
« on: Nov 19, 2016, 01:01 PM »
I know its not ice fishing, but it's kind of close.  I thought a few of you would get a kick out of it.  I was able to catch my first beaver the other day, not without a little trial and error.  Here is the video.

https://youtu.be/VPf-eKQ2BoY

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: trapping a problem beaver
« Reply #1 on: Nov 19, 2016, 02:50 PM »
great stuff awsome

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Nov 19, 2016, 03:18 PM »

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2016, 05:17 PM »
good thing your not in MT where they just tried but failed to ban trapping;)

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 20, 2016, 10:59 AM »
good thing your not in MT where they just tried but failed to ban trapping;)
how could they ban trapping in MT?  NY maybe but not MT.

Offline SeisMec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 20, 2016, 12:34 PM »
Thanks for sharing!

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #6 on: Nov 20, 2016, 12:43 PM »
$$$ and out of state interests and all the big name animal right activists... And lucky us, they will keep on trying >:(

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 20, 2016, 12:54 PM »
$$$ and out of state interests and all the big name animal right activists... And lucky us, they will keep on trying >:(

Maybe it is just me. Isn't it crazy just how much money, effort, and time these crazy groups spend on things like this. It would be nice if they put their efforts towards something like feeding humans, or taking care of neglected kids.

Offline SeisMec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #8 on: Nov 20, 2016, 01:18 PM »
Maybe it is just me. Isn't it crazy just how much money, effort, and time these crazy groups spend on things like this. It would be nice if they put their efforts towards something like feeding humans, or taking care of neglected kids.

The problem is they aren't spending much of their money as they are of taxpayers money. Every time they sue anyone, be it the Federal or State government; they get money from a special fund set up by the federal government for these special interest groups to use to pay for the litigation. Any money they win from the State or Federal government goes into the coffers of the special interest group. Generally it is in the 10's of millions of dollars, they have a vested interest to keep on sueing the government as much as they can so the can pay themselves $$$Million dollar bonuses.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #9 on: Nov 20, 2016, 01:38 PM »
The best part is they wanted to stop trapping on PUBLIC lands. I thought public lands were for everyone not just special interest groups? They kept on trying to convince the state that the entire state is covered with traps and that it's not safe to recreate on public lands. Funny, I've hunted and fished for decades and have never seen one of these traps they describe...

Offline Osage

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it ain't my business,It ain't my business !!!
« Reply #10 on: Nov 20, 2016, 02:21 PM »
Nice job,good to see trapping continuing.Trapping is one of my favorite pursuits,something about checking traps,is as exciting as watching a fish tickling your bait.As far as outlawing trapping,I've never personally encountered any resistance here in Wv,but my therory of out of sight out of mind is how I approach my traps.Out of fear of trap thieves,I never set out in the open,choosing to keep sets and trapped animals hid from public eye is the best bet.
    Me and the boy( he's 23 now ) were deer sighting recently,we passed a stream I started trapping years ago.As we passed it,my son says,dad,I remember you carrying me on your shoulders as we checked beaver .Hearing my son reminisce about going trapping put the fight in me,I will not cow tail to the uninformed yuppies.......sorry I got atop a soapbox.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #11 on: Nov 20, 2016, 03:11 PM »
Exactly Osage.
I don't trap and have no desire to trap but I do not want to be told by out of state transplants what I cant and cannot do on public ground. Fortunately the majority of the state voted no against these people on the 8th.
According to almost  every single animal right activists I've ever seen post, hunters and trappers are pedophiles and murderers....and their kids will turn out the same way. They don't believe stories like yours Osage.
They are so blinded by their ignorance and beliefs that nothing could ever change their minds.
You could tell that same story about your son to them and they would look at you literally like you have no right to be alive on this planet...just because you choose to utilize a renewable resource that happens to be an animal...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.